Cultivated Reef

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread and awesome tank. I'm just about to jump in to a pico setup. My question, how do you manage the heat buildup with that light? What is your evaporation rate?

Thanks

Great thread and awesome tank. I'm just about to jump in to a pico setup. My question, how do you manage the heat buildup with that light? What is your evaporation rate?

Thanks

I've never really had any heat trouble with this light fixture. I actually just upgraded to a 50w heater so I could keep the temp from dropping too low. I top off every morning, I keep the tank filled to the very top so I can somewhat see how much I need to add.

• 2 weeks later...

My torch coral imploded and died, it started ripping apart and then brown jelly took over. I had a nitrate spike from over feeding with mysis, so I'm thinking it might of stressed it out? I haven't been using cheato, so I think that was a bad mistake. :angry:

Here's a updated photo. I added a few palys, nuke greens, mohawks, aog, and devils amour. I was given a free monti, that I plan on giving it to a friend though since my tank is too new for sps and will most likely brown out anyways.

DSCN1257.jpg

DSCN1255.jpg

I think my fave are the cloves. B)

I'm starting to get sick of them, my friend has a 100g take over run with them. They are smothering his zoas and palys.

Goooooooooorgeous! I must have some of that red grape algae- where did you get it?? I love your aquascaping!! Maaaan this makes me want a picotope even more! Taggin along

Goooooooooorgeous! I must have some of that red grape algae- where did you get it?? I love your aquascaping!! Maaaan this makes me want a picotope even more! Taggin along

I can give you some next time I prune it, which shouldn't be long. You would just have to pay like $6 for shipping. You only need a few small strands to get started. :)

I can give you some next time I prune it, which shouldn't be long. You would just have to pay like $6 for shipping. You only need a few small strands to get started. :)

That's tempting... wouldn't ca to va be a bit more expensive tho??

Awesome tank I love the AOG's and Nucs

It's hard to tell, but the devils amours are the brightest. The AOG's are actually rather bland in person, I'm not sure why they go for $10 a polyp.

It's hard to tell, but the devils amours are the brightest. The AOG's are actually rather bland in person, I'm not sure why they go for $10 a polyp.

I think it may depend on the lighting because I have seen fragglereef.com mother colony and they were insanely bright.

Archived