Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I was given it so I decided to make use of it. Right now I just have filter floss stuffed in it. :)

I see. Let's hope you never have to use it! :P

A lot of my zoas/palys are stressed and look bad. I ordered the brand new stealth heater from petsolutions, these new ones actually let you know if the heater is on/off.

A lot of my zoas/palys are stressed and look bad. I ordered the brand new stealth heater from petsolutions, these new ones actually let you know if the heater is on/off.

Let us know how you like that thing, I considered getting one, but will probably go with another Finnex if my Stealth craps out on me, I've had 3 or 4 different heaters in my 12g, so far the reg. Stealth has been the most reliable one that's been in there, but I hate its lack of indicator light.

Let us know how you like that thing, I considered getting one, but will probably go with another Finnex if my Stealth craps out on me, I've had 3 or 4 different heaters in my 12g, so far the reg. Stealth has been the most reliable one that's been in there, but I hate its lack of indicator light.

This is the second time that a stealth has stopped working on me, at least the first time I wasn't using it. :angry:

uuuhhh things are not going my way. I bought a used Elos Osmocontroller 2 for $100, so I was setting it up and the glass housing that comes with it broke. Luckily a local reefer had an extra one and gave it to me. I was putting the sensor it in, then suddenly the damn thing cracked! I'm beyond pissed at how fragile Elos made the glass housing for the sensor. Not only is it super thin, but they use suction cups with it, which means any type of pressure causes the glass to shatter. :rant:

That really sucks! Is this the same Elos Osmocontroller 2 you're trying to sell?

I really need to look into an ATO myself. I need tofigure out how to make a pet bottle work on my picotope...

That really sucks! Is this the same Elos Osmocontroller 2 you're trying to sell?

I really need to look into an ATO myself. I need tofigure out how to make a pet bottle work on my picotope...

Yep, I should of left it alone and just sold it. What I like about the osmocontroller is that you can program to run a certain amount of time and the max is 20 seconds. I might just try and make my own housing for it.

Updated FTS. :)

P1010503.jpg

Looks awesome! Man, you make me really anxious to get mine...the 60* optics were back ordered so I won't get my grubby hands on it till next week!

You runnin' only the PAR38 now full time? Looks like you moved it up some...

Looks awesomw! Man you make me really anxious to get mine...the 60* optics were back ordered so I won't get my grubby hands on it till next week!

You runnin' only the PAR38 now full time? Looks like you moved it up some...

I decided to ditch the single satellite fixture, to give it a more clean look. I raised the light to 9 1/2 inches and tilted it a little, so now it seems to have perfect coverage.

You'll love this light, it may take a little bit of time to get used to the spot light effect but it definitely grows on you. :)

I decided to ditch the single satellite fixture, to give it a more clean look. I raised the light to 9 1/2 inches and tilted it a little, so now it seems to have perfect coverage.

You'll love this light, it may take a little bit of time to get used to the spot light effect but it definitely grows on you. :)

Good call. I like it much better without the single satellite and it looks like you're getting awesome coverage where you have it now. Nice work! B)

UUhhh woke up this morning to all of my LPS and SPS ripping apart! I guess I topped off too much before I went to bed and the drop in salinity most likely caused them to recede and die.....And right when I have my new tank arriving. This hobby can sure be depressing sometimes. :angry:

UUhhh woke up this morning to all of my LPS and SPS ripping apart! I guess I topped off too much before I went to bed and the drop in salinity most likely caused them to recede and die.....And right when I have my new tank arriving. This hobby can sure be depressing sometimes. :angry:

get a ATO bud

sowwry :(

get a ATO bud

sowwry :(

I guess you missed my posts about trying to get the elos ato to work on this tank. Unfortunately the higher end ato do not fit on these tanks. :angry:

Archived