Pod Your Reef

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My chalice looks like it's ripping apart and dying. My levels all check out perfect so I assume my tank is just too new for some LPS/SPS. I guess it's time to just let my tank stabilize itself over the next couple of weeks and not add anything else.

I really hope someone can test the par on these par38 bulbs soon, I really would like to know if I'm running enough light.

Dustin C Mills
My chalice looks like it's ripping apart and dieing. My levels all check out perfect so I assume my tank is just too new for some LPS/SPS. I guess it's time to just let my tank stabilize itself over the next couple of weeks and not add anything else.

I really hope someone can test the par on these par38 bulbs soon, I really would like to know if I'm running enough light.

Sorry to hear about your chalice. What do you mean your tank is 'too new'? If your parameters check out?

Sorry to hear about your chalice. What do you mean your tank is 'too new'? If your parameters check out?

My levels could be swinging. All I know is that chalices are tough corals, so something is off in my tank.

I wonder if I should try an iodine dip?

Dustin C Mills

Might go with your first instinct...the lighting. Have you tried using any other type of lighting over the chalice? Do you have a Q tank?

the only way it would be the leds is if they are too intense. try putting the chalice in a dark spot. the iodine dip might not be a bad idea though.

With the combination of your PCs and the PAR38 (and how close it is), it might be too much for the little guy. How are the other corals reacting? You may want to switch off one of the two light for the time being until it's a little healthier. Moving the PAR38 away can help too.

I decided to put it in my friends tank for now, since I ended up losing my ATL Cyphestrea. The tissue completely melted away. The problem with my PC set up is that it shades the top back portion of my tank, so I don't think it was getting nearly enough light? I'll most likely be getting the 12k par38 bulb once they're back in stock.

what kind of sand are you using in the tank?

Arag-Alive special grade, I put it through a strainer so I was only left with the fine sand. I think it gives the tank a more natural look.

thanks. i might give it a shot. hope my tank doesnt go through another cycle.

If you strain it really good your water wont even get cloudy when you put it in.

If you strain it really good your water wont even get cloudy when you put it in.

Definetly subscribing to your thread,

The tank looks amazing, I thought your water was crystal clear before, now come to find out you're running a Phosban too! :)

Very awesome.

What pump are you using with the Tlf 150 ? I bought the New Maxi-jet 400 to run on mine in my ac 70 , but never instaled it. I have little to no room in there . With the Cheato, stealth heater and my AquaEuroUSA Nano Protein Skimmer 2. I could probably shove it in there , but it gives the cheato Very little room to grow.

What pump are you using with the Tlf 150 ? I bought the New Maxi-jet 400 to run on mine in my ac 70 , but never instaled it. I have little to no room in there . With the Cheato, stealth heater and my AquaEuroUSA Nano Protein Skimmer 2. I could probably shove it in there , but it gives the cheato Very little room to grow.

I'm using the mini-jet 404, it's perfect because it allows you to adjust the gph. The mini-jet is small, I have it stuffed in the side of the AC70 and the heater on the other end, and then the cheato/live rock in the center. I plan on placing chemipure below the filter floss once I buy it. :)

Definetly subscribing to your thread,

The tank looks amazing, I thought your water was crystal clear before, now come to find out you're running a Phosban too! :)

Very awesome.

Thanks! The TLF reactor is definitely something I over looked, I wish I ran it on my old tanks.

Lookin' good! Were your phosphates getting outta control, or did you just decide to do with the reactor for preventative measures?

No, I was given it so I decided to make use of it. Right now I just have filter floss stuffed in it. :)

So have you been satisfied with downsizing?

Definitely, I always seem to have more fun with these picotopes. :D

Archived