Pod Your Reef

Louie3

airangel

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot make much sense out of this whole thing to be honest. I figured him having almost a thousand posts meant he was here and active a lot and should be ok. Either way here is a rundown of my course of events..

Initially i was to purchase 50-60lbs of live rock for 90 shipped. I paypalled the money, it was refunded same day and I was asked to pay on a diff account. I paid 40 of it and said the rest would have to wait until my refund had cleared. That was fine so we arranged for a COD shipment. At that point communication broke down with everyone and I did not hear from him for a while.

Then I heard back and he said he was gonna ship out at a much quicker shipping at his expense. he did that and it came cod I paid it and it was a little under the amount stated but was glad to get it at all.

Couple days later he says he found the rock in the sump he was supposed to send with it and was gonna send it to me and asked if i wanted the two mated clowns he had still as there was no place to keep them (they had apparently been in a friends tanks or something). I agreed and would take it all and I offered to pay part of the overnight shipping COD again. That was fine, he sent me the tracking number for the following monday shipment (last monday)...nothing happened...tuesday, wednesday..nothing. so after all that has happened I emailed him back and stated to just forget the whole deal.

Well...I got a package delivered from fedex today. No COD, Apparently it was shipped to me on friday for overnight saturday delivery...

My store where my packages go is not oepn on saturday so they kept it till today...clowns are dead. the styro box had a few rocks and the clowns just in a ziplock...seems the rocks banged around and crushed the bag..no water in bags..yuk

and no word about the items being shipped or what..

I am very confused by this..and dissapointed cause I could of made arrangements had I of known they were coming on saturday..

Seems so weird why he would go to the expense of shipping overnight and saturday delivery and not tell me anything

?????????????????????????????

dzones, the scenario you described totally fits the pattern of what he's been doing so far.

What are you going to do about it?

dzones, the scenario you described totally fits the pattern of what he's been doing so far.

What are you going to do about it?

Well honestly I got everything I paid for and the clowns, although they came dead, well I never paid for them either.

Other than poor shipping practice and no communication on the last shipment that is all he is guilty of with me.

When I got home today there was a Money Order from Luis. It had been mailed later than he said and it had less money that we agreed but I am tired of this, so I will just cut my losses. Hopefully everyone else will get something from him.

Reef Chicks

I understand you guys' frustration. But that is what he is hoping for. That the little bits and pieces he sends people will do and they will just leave him alone. That is why scammers get away with what they do. Because they wear people out.

Sexy Shrimp

Keep on it - you already accepted less than the full amount you paid! Why the hell should he get away with paying you even less than this? I would say that he has recinded on your agreement and push for a full refund now - that is simply taking the p*ss!!

Don't let him wear you down - its your money not his. It is your time that you have worked to get that money! I always judge prices by hours worked - and my time is precious!

No PM to check and no refund in pay pal. The experience just gets better and better.

I checked my pms and she is fine..oh wait did i read that wrong?

:P

none here either

Pay Pal notified me today. They agreed in my favor but can't reimburse me the money since he has none in an account.

That's what you call a catch-22.

They can't withdraw from his bank (credit card) account? Isn't that the point of requiring a "backup funding source"? :huh:

I ran into that also, either they cant or wont withdraw funds from a bank account or credit card. The only way to get a refund is if the money is in the PayPal account. All they will do is lock the account and require the person to make a refund before they unlock it. Which is kinda useless if the person is a scammer and never plans to use that PayPal account again.

PayPal is a foocking joke ! Can't they use those 3% they charge everyone to pay people back ? What exactly do they do ? Not a damn thing !

Only under specific conditions which are unlikely to be met by purchases between individuals. If you complain to them they will send you a form letter explaining how they are not going to help you though. I was surprised by this as I am sure most people would be. One of the supposed benefits of using PayPal is buyer protection, which really doesn't exist.

All paypal does is hold on some account numbers THATS IT !!

Here is the kind of crap they send you back:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer

Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds

from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery

of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in

question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and

will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include

issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.

Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take

action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss

the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that

it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

We hope you understand our policy and that

it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Assures we are safe - except for the part where they make it easy for people to steal your money.

... our policy [assures] you that you are safe using PayPal.

Yeah, safe to be bilked and safe to be sent garbage doubletalk.

verbatim21

Yes!!! talk about getting lucky... I guess I put my claim in before the rest and he still had some money allocated in his account as I just got this email.

Our investigation is complete and and we have recovered your funds.

$100.00 USD has been credited to you. This is the maximum amount we were

able to recover. Please allow up to 5 days for this adjustment to be

posted.

Now.. lets hope that this isn't a mistake and I get a email later today showing that he had no funds in his account. I want to be over with this.

Good Luck everyone.. and as soon as the funds actually clear my account I will let you know.

Thanks!

Brian

Archived