Coral Vue Hydros

Louie3

airangel

Quick PMs and fast shipping. Unfortunately the MJ1200 I requested was not what I received (got the MJ400) . Dropped a PM off and received immediate reimbursement. Very upstanding NR and wouldnt' hesitate purchasing anything from him in the future when he gets back into reefing. A++

Edited after reading the mess other NR have been having with him....hoping he makes good for everyone else as he did when I contacted him.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately my recent transaction has not faired as well.

I purchased a mushroom and ric pack from the seller. Two days after money being sent I was notified the money was refunded. Seller had used a friends account and was wanting the money resent to new account so he could better track his sales. I figured no harm money was refunded before I made repayment to the new account.

I then received the traditional notice below:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 23, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Using the supplied track and confirm number the USPS indicates the status never changed. They have no proof of receipt of package. Upon contact with seller he stated the package was sent on the Wed. the 23rd. As of today I have not received the package.

I attempted to file a dispute thru pay pal was informed the seller could not be contacted. The dispute was then escalated to a claim.

Hopefully everyone else who bought dry goods and/or live goods will fair better and this is just a case of lost in the mail.

Sounds like he has been taking lessons from his friend Marc Rodriguez. Louie3 was the person that told me I could trust Marc eventhough he had no history. Throughout my attempts to get my money back Louie3 defended Marc. To the point of making it sound like I was being a pain. When it became a real problem I asked Louie3 for Marc's phone #, address and NR username which he admitted he had but he refused saying he wanted to protect Marc's privacy. Since my claim has Marc's PayPal account locked I find it interesting Louie3 was having problems with his account. Anyway I am still out $200.00 and wouldn't deal with Louie3 or Marc.

well put my name on this list also.

I sent money to who I thought was Louie3 and he refnded it the next day saying that was his cousins account and would I please just re-send to his newly setup account. I told him I was going to have to wait a few days until the refunded money was back in my account (takes 3-4 days) but that I could send half of it, so I sent 40 dollars and after, he tells me he is having trouble with the paypal and has to re-verify his account. odd I thought, then he asks if I can send a check or MO so I said no, send it COD, it would be a lot faster. He says he will and the next day said he had the packing slip made up and would contact me when he shipped it. We agreed that the beginning of the week would be best (this week past)

Last I heard from him...

:angry:

What was the account Louie3 used? I sent my money to:

Transfer to: Marc Rodriguez

Email: tdl003@gmail.com His email came from Ford <tdl003@gmail.com>

He used SonyMan03 on Reef Central and signed his messages TDL

What was the account Louie3 used? I sent my money to:

Transfer to: Marc Rodriguez

Email: tdl003@gmail.com His email came from Ford <tdl003@gmail.com>

He used SonyMan03 on Reef Central and signed his messages TDL

The first money I sent that was refunded was to a "Ricardo Ramirez" and the 40 re-send was to Louis Rodriguaez.

none of those emails match either

Thats awful :angry: ...definitely go through Paypal asap...you should be able to get your money back if you dispute it.

Thats awful :angry: ...definitely go through Paypal asap...you should be able to get your money back if you dispute it.

Yeah, not so much.

Matty1124

im in the same boat as Leopmis... i havent filed anything with paypal as of yet... but i guess this thread means i should... he seemed upstanding... i mean hes been a member with a bunch of posts... this is the second time i have bought dry goods in the classifides and been given the run around...

Yeah, not so much.

Can you file a claim? I have heard that Paypal is pretty good about getting people's money back to them.

Yeah I went through the whole process. No refund but they did lock the account until he does refund it. Since my problem was 3 months ago I doubt I will ever get a refund. That is why I thought it was interesting that Louie3 was having problems with his account. It sounds like he created another account to get around the lock.

Matty1124

EDIT: ^ ahhh sh*t why didnt you tell people... im sure he made 200-300 bucks

ORIGINAL: i just pm'ed him... hes a young kid so i said i would give him two days to respond and then i would file the claim... i still have all his pm's...

Based on all this feedback I went and filed a dispute with paypal and i immediately got the message that the seller is unable to communicate and I need to escalate to a claim.

That means he is already in hot water with them I would assume.

So I filed a claim.

Get your claims in now people. not that it will do much good but ya never know.

This thread and so many others in the recent past make me sick. It has me afraid to trust anyone other than the few NR members I know. It seems these people come in, taking advantage of peoples trust in their fellow reefers, it just shows a lack of respect for the community, the hobby and other people in general. It just seems the idea a persons word is their bond isnt as prevalent as it used to be. Ideals like honesty and integrity are being lost in favor of what can I get away with. With things like this there end up being no real consequences to the thief. I used the word thief in one PM with Louie3 and he told me I was being harsh. What else do you call someone who takes money without giving goods in return? It is just a sad commentary on society as a whole.

Steps off soap box.

I am on the list as well. After many questions, I finally went for the skimmer. Going to PayPal right now. He has bought corals from me & was great to work with.

This thread and so many others in the recent past make me sick. It has me afraid to trust anyone other than the few NR members I know. It seems these people come in, taking advantage of peoples trust in their fellow reefers, it just shows a lack of respect for the community, the hobby and other people in general. It just seems the idea a persons word is their bond isnt as prevalent as it used to be. Ideals like honesty and integrity are being lost in favor of what can I get away with. With things like this there end up being no real consequences to the thief. I used the word thief in one PM with Louie3 and he told me I was being harsh. What else do you call someone who takes money without giving goods in return? It is just a sad commentary on society as a whole.

Steps off soap box.

I could not agree more.

Sadly I have had more bad than good and have finally decided to stick only with the sponsors whom I know and trust already on here.

I could not agree more.

Sadly I have had more bad than good and have finally decided to stick only with the sponsors whom I know and trust already on here.

I have come to that as well. If I risk it I research the person first. As I said, he has purchased things from the Kitchen & we have had smooth transactions. I saw no problems when I researched & took a chance.

Matty1124

yeah he closed out his paypal account already.. what a little punk... but i think he may have just turned 18 so its not like he a kid anymore... i hope he gets nailed... i agree with SPerry... it looks like he strung us all along and then closed up shop

yeah he closed out his paypal account already.. what a little punk... but i think he may have just turned 18 so its not like he a kid anymore... i hope he gets nailed... i agree with SPerry... it looks like he strung us all along and then closed up shop

I put in my comments in the claim that I think the 2 guys might be the same guy. Maybe they can get it from the other account.

Sorry for this trouble you are all going through. Has anyone ever tried calling these people's local police in a case like this? Is it usually policy to not look into complaints for money stolen over the internet? Just seems to me that it wouldn't hurt to call and ask what they can do for you. Especially if I was mad about someone stealing from me. BibleSue, you know the person's name and address since you sold to him right?

http://www.missionpolice.org/

area code 956 by the way.

I feel bad. :(

He tried to buy some chaeto off me several months ago and it turned into a real mess. I had one ball left and I gave him a deadline to send me the money and prove his interest before I sold it to someone who had offered immediate payment, and he agreed. The deadline gave him a window of like 12-16 hours.

The deadline came and went so I assumed he had changed his mind and I sold it to the other person. Then, a day and a half after the deadline expired, I get an email from Paypal stating that he had sent me money. It had come from "LF Resellers" at one address, but the shipping info said to send it to Louis Rodriguez at a completely different (unconfirmed) address. <_<

I emailed him at the email address attached to the paypal asking him why he had acted contrary to our deal, he apologized. When I tried to refund his money, paypal told me that his account had been locked because of an other, ongoing dispute. I emailed him, telling him what paypal told me and he said that he was having problems with his account. He made it seem as though it was a technical, rather than a "real" problem. After two more days of unsuccessful attempts to refund him (and emails back and forth), he filed a dispute against me in paypal! :angry::o

When I asked him (via email) what the heck was going on, he told me that paypal did it all by itself and that he had nothing to do with it. :huh: It took about a week to get the dispute reversed and my account unlocked. I ended up sending him a money order via certified mail just to wash my hands of him.

Worst experience I have ever had dealing with a member of NR. I feel bad not having reported it, but I didn't want to cause a ruckus. :(

I didnt have his address so the police weren't interested. If I could get an address I would contact them. PayPal wont give it out, gotta protect a thief's privacy ya know.

Archived