Cultivated Reef

Louie3

airangel

I dont have any thing to do withall of this but it sucks what you all have had to deal with! In reading all of this it seems to me that the mighty paypal may not be so mighty! Everyone only excepts paypal for all there transactions on here......Is it time to find another company to do business with? Or is there no other better alternative?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... I've only dealt with people who are honorable.

You know, this comment made me think about how I would feel if my son grows up to be the sort of person who pulls scams like this.

I would be embarrassed and would feel as if I had utterly failed to teach him about how important honesty and integrity are. I would also realize that I had failed to help him choose to embrace them, even though the aren't the easiest choice. Of course, his choices aren't mine, but they would certainly reflect upon me.

I hope his parents feel the same way. I hope they aren't the sort of people that Louie makes them out to be.

fiction101

I would just go through the credit card fraud department, if you're using your debit/credit card as your paypal funding source.

You know, this comment made me think about how I would feel if my son grows up to be the sort of person who pulls scams like this.

I would be embarrassed and would feel as if I had utterly failed to teach him about how important honesty and integrity are. I would also realize that I had failed to help him choose to embrace them, even though the aren't the easiest choice. Of course, his choices aren't mine, but they would certainly reflect upon me.

I hope his parents feel the same way. I hope they aren't the sort of people that Louie makes them out to be.

i would feel the same way. like u failed as a parent. im betting his parents have got no clue as to whats going on.

I would just go through the credit card fraud department, if you're using your debit/credit card as your paypal funding source.

Seems paypal (since bought out by Ebay) has become more and more focused on that and nothings else. I use Ebay a lot and sell items often for $800 - $1200 and their protection and guarantess are much better than doing one on one purchases as we do here.

I am aware of the Google checkout but have not heard anything about their policies and am definitely going to look into it. There has to be a better alternative for these one on one purchases where the buyer can feel a little better protected.

Good luck to those still awaiting resolution.

nicely put. I could not agree more Mr Fosi

im betting his parents have got no clue as to whats going on.

Oh, yeah? And I'll bet that they would defend their little angel to the bitter end! Kids don't generally grow up to be such losers and sh!ts without training.

Oh, yeah? And I'll bet that they would defend their little angel to the bitter end! Kids don't generally grow up to be such losers and sh!ts without training.

:lol: that could be true. i have a aunt like that. i also have some friends that their parent r fresh off the boat and they have no clue as to what going on. all they know is what the kids tell them.

hey my mother knows that I shipped out 2 boxes full of coral. one for Verb and the other for leopomis, we had a talk with our family lawyer and She even says that as long as the security video at the post office shows my face dropping off 2 boxes (which it does) I am fine. I did my part and the rest was supposed to be done USPS. Once I dropped them off they became USPS problem not mine. "All claims should be delt with USPS not my client". I have recipts and records of me purchasing printing lables.

Thank you

And dont be smart on me about me saying to check your pms, you all know who I was talking about

Any lawyer worth their salt would have a heyday with your argument that "purchase of labels" = "shipping of items", regardless of whether you have security tapes of you dropping off boxes.

The real question is if USPS has any records that you actually shipped anything using the labels you purchased and whether you did it on the dates you say you did. I suppose we'll never find out unless someone actually wants to spend the $$ to take you to court.

Did you tell your mom that you are trying to weasel out of proper refunds? What does your dad think? How about your "Marco" story? Did they have any take on that SNAFU?

My father doesnt live with us...

Of course my mother knows that is why I was able to set an appointment with our layer

500 DOLLARS OF WHAT? I did it for the sake and security that I am correct onto what I did. I shipped them out like It shows on the security camera. Prepaid Postage box and all.

wtf does gay marriage have to do with anything

I just wanna put a word in here for louie3.

Ive had very good transactions with him and would gladly do business with him in the future.

I also know that ive had a package get lost by USPS (and I rarely if ever use them now btw...)

thanks man

BTW

It was an even trade

My Overflow box and Mag5 for his Custom tank that is wonderful. Sadly its waiting in the closet for later

verbatim21

What your failing to understand is your logic doesnt make any sense.. no Lawyer would tell you your fine because you purchased Labels and the Post Office has tape of you shipping Boxes.

You could have been shipping somone else's boxes.. there is no concrete proof that you shipped the coral boxes because tracking has not posted to the website.

Also- I understand boxes get lost in transit.. but they didn't even hit transit. In that case since you went back and "looked through all the boxes behind the counter" like you said you did, you would have found the box of shipped corals. Boxes do not ship from the original departure until they are scanned in, USPS doesn't even have information about you dropping them off. At this point what do you expect people to think.

Brian

500 DOLLARS OF WHAT? I did it for the sake and security that I am correct onto what I did. I shipped them out like It shows on the security camera. Prepaid Postage box and all.

wtf does gay marriage have to do with anything

Next time any of us are in a post office, try to remember to ask if it's possible to view their security camera tapes. In these days of homeland security and post anthrax mailings, I would have thought those tapes would be confidential federal property for obvious reasons.

What's so wonderful about all this is that Louie was supposed to make a trade with me. I sent him with my own money, my corals and macroalgae. I never received a thing but an excuse. So I'm out corals and money, and if I try and sell anything there will be the suspicion of sellers on this forum due to his asinine behavior.

Yaaaah, I'm a winner!

And while I'm glad he's semi-attempting to make things right for others, he's totally ignored me and can't fix the real issue, sellers reputations on this forum.

verbatim21

and by attempting to do things right you mean send email's once in a while whens its convenient to say the package or money is on its way and then having it not arrive.

Yay! Lucky me!

Holy schnapple.

I was just playin--and watchin this "innocent" kid get in over his head.

Lying about lies just makes the sh1t get deeper for you.

I FUGGIN GUARANTEE THAT THE POST OFFICE DID NOT LET YOU VIEW ANY VIDEO. IF YOU THINK THERE ACTUALLY IS A VIDEO--I FUGGIN GUARANTEE THAT IT IS ON A LOOP AND HAS BEEN TAPED OVER.

You better have a copy of that video if this is your "proof" of good will.

Did you get a subpoena to see the video or does your Postmaster just allow Federal videos to be watched by any schmoe?

I'm calling BS.

I applaud you guys for seeing this kid for what he was early---I gave him the benefit of the doubt--which was wrong of me.

I can't believe it's actually become a crime. This is our NR!

Viva la dim future.

Archived