2000th post woot! cant beleive how long it took... guess i gotta post more

Grats on 2K buddy!

:tears:

Sorry to hear dat buddeh

72 bow is still kick ass B)

Thanks M. I keep trying to tell mahself dat. :happy:

Go Dolphins!! omgomgomg

we play da Jets next Monday night...I will be durr :ninja:

.a pic of mah season seats facing east from yesterdays game against da Bills...the menz were warming up :P

10040915202.jpg

Sweet seats! Almost the same as the Jet game I went to last year. One of dem fancy lux boxes with open bar and buffet and stuffs..... tough way to see a game fur sure :rolleyes:

Season seats tho huh?? :huh: Def got2envy :lol:

Shame about the 6 footer. A 72 bow is certainly a good plan B though.

Thanks MJ. Would have been more \\\'cited if I didn\\\'t follow the pipe dread for a bit. :0)

Aww, sorry it doesn\\\'t look like the 125 can work out for you, Richie.

but I know that any 72 bow you put together is going to be amazing!

Thanks Anne!

Awe, you guys are great. Thanx fur cheering me up.

*hugs back attcha*

curses emoticon limiter once again...... lulz

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
Bummer on the 6 footer. We should buy our tanks before our houses :)

Very true.

Or at least be interested in the hobby before buying.

*sigh*

Still pouting like a two year old over this. :mellow:

Reefin' mojo at an all time low. -_-

Very true.

Or at least be interested in the hobby before buying.

*sigh*

Still pouting like a two year old over this. :mellow:

Reefin' mojo at an all time low. -_-

I'm sorry! :(

Here's a little somthin to cheer you up

warmfuzzies.jpg

untitled.jpg

Needreefunds
I'm sorry! :(

Here's a little somthin to cheer you up

warmfuzzies.jpg

untitled.jpg

Ya sure know how to cheer a fella up Weets. :P

Thanks buddy. :wub::grouphug:

Needreefunds
happy23.gif

You could always remodel. :P

Please........ after two additions already?

Been about four years since the last one ( went up a level ) darn-near kilt me.

We had it shelled out with utilities installed.

Donna and I did - Insulation, drywall, doors, trim, prime -n-paint, fixtures ....ugh. Down stairs- drywall, new ceiling, insulation........yadda-yadda-yadda

Worst part of the whole thing was we had a nightmare trying to locate the main drain. Idiot ( first ) plumber was only about 90* and 50ft in the wrong direction. Paid another plumber to come in with the video cam to locate and mark the location for me. I wound up cutting a 2 x 2 ft hole through the slab in a nearby closet with a concrete saw ( what a mess ) then digging down about 4-5 foot, then tunneling another three to expose it before the new plumber could tie it in.

Geebus, now I really feel like I just finished it. :P

Militant Jurist
Please........ after two additions already?

Been about four years since the last one ( went up a level ) darn-near kilt me.

We had it shelled out with utilities installed.

Donna and I did - Insulation, drywall, doors, trim, prime -n-paint, fixtures ....ugh. Down stairs- drywall, new ceiling, insulation........yadda-yadda-yadda

Worst part of the whole thing was we had a nightmare trying to locate the main drain. Idiot ( first ) plumber was only about 90* and 50ft in the wrong direction. Paid another plumber to come in with the video cam to locate and mark the location for me. I wound up cutting a 2 x 2 ft hole through the slab in a nearby closet with a concrete saw ( what a mess ) then digging down about 4-5 foot, then tunneling another three to expose it before the new plumber could tie it in.

Geebus, now I really feel like I just finished it. :P

:o

I've come to conclude that if you know how to do the work, you really should just do it yourself, because hiring so called professionals just ends up in headaches. I had a problem with plumbers too. I had mine to come over to take care of an old drain .... three visits and three different plumbers later, it turned out that the others just weren't doing enough. Of course, that meant three different times of me having water all over my floor. :rant: I just don't like working with plumbing... even plumbing the PVC for my 29g frustrates me!

I like doing the remodeling work around here though... so much so that I want to build as a self-contractor for my next home!

Needreefunds

.....Maybe a 75 RR ?????? :huh:

:unsure: :unsure:

:rolleyes:

But really, while the taper of a bow helps with entry / exit of that doorway, I think I may be able to swap the couch and love seat ( because the NC 12 will be no more ) and get it in there. I would wind up with even more clearance for the doorway than before as I could move it to the right about eight inches.

This also leads to more room in the tank and stand.

Much easier DIY stand and canopy ( should I choose to try )

Many more 75g tanks around both new and used.

Prolly driving you poor folks quazzay by now. :happy:

Militant Jurist

:rolleyes:

But really, while the taper of a bow helps with entry / exit of that doorway, I think I may be able to swap the couch and love seat ( because the NC 12 will be no more ) and get it in there. I would wind up with even more clearance for the doorway than before as I could move it to the right about eight inches.

This also leads to more room in the tank and stand.

Much easier DIY stand and canopy ( should I choose to try )

Many more 75g tanks around both new and used.

Prolly driving you poor folks quazzay by now. :happy:

Nah, it just heightens the suspense! It's like a game show.... "How big can he go?!?!" :D

Needreefunds
Nah, it just heightens the suspense! It's like a game show.... "How big can he go?!?!" :D

Sorry, that games reserved for her. ;)

:P

Needreefunds
I think 75 RR would be cool.

Walked past a few tonight while hunting 72 bows to measure and look over. I looked at a 75 real quick in a - hey 75g is pretty sweet- kind of way but didn't give it much more thought.

The idea didn't hit until I was already back home.

75, 90, 110 --all have the same footprint? :huh: Never realized this.

110 must be a bugger to light....huh Brett?? :happy:

Militant Jurist
Sorry, that games reserved for her. ;)

:P

:haha:

Just remember, more than 4 hours, and immediate medical attention should be sought. Of course, it's not only for you, but for the person on the receiving end as well! :lol:

I think 75 RR would be cool.

Indeed! Although, I don't know if I've actually seen pictures of one before, other than dimension drawings. I'm just going on the concept that bigger is better! ;)

Needreefunds
:haha:

Just remember, more than 4 hours, and immediate medical attention should be sought. Of course, it's not only for you, but for the person on the receiving end as well! :lol:

Indeed! Although, I don't know if I've actually seen pictures of one before, other than dimension drawings. I'm just going on the concept that bigger is better! ;)

:lol:

I really like the dimensions of a 75--that's why I joked the other day about not being able to live vicariously if you went with the 125. :D

To me, it's big enough to leave room for lots of corals and a good variety of fishies, but not so big that it's really difficult to take care of. Get a nice sized sump (29g or 30L, maybe), and you've got a good volume going through the system to help keep it stable.

The length of the 75, 90, and 120 is the same for all, but I don't think depth is the same, so again you're back to what fits comfortably in the room.

It's going to be great, regardless of which one you choose, and I think you're very smart to take your time and decide which is the one that really works best for your needs/wants. :flower:

hey richie, i have one of those 110g tall tanks -- it's freshwater. it currently has a crappy marineland 48" 4-bulb t-5 fixture on it.

that fixture lights my freshwater fish very well. very nice tank to look at (my kitty thinks so, too, as can be seen in my avatar). for freshwater, though.

i've got to tell you, i don't know how on this earth i'd (reasonably) be able to light it if i wanted to turn it into a full-on reef tank. once our blood parrot cichlids pass on (my wife and i have had them since we started dating 6 years ago, and we are definitely attached), i am more than likely just going to turn it into a FOWLR-ish tank with some bigger fish in it (e.g. lionfish, snowflake eel, tang, porcupine puffer), maybe some softies. because, as much as i'd prefer to make it a mixed reef... i don't have the financial backing (so to speak) to try and light that sucker.

(i guess what i'm saying is, -1 for any plan to get a 110g tall if money is an issue).

EDIT: on the other hand, 110g tall is the biggest tank that fits on the wall it's on in my house. and, if you CAN justify the money to light the thing, it would make for a pretty sweet showpiece. it's just that there are cheaper ways to go. on the other hand, sometimes it's worth it to spend the money to get the piece you want. also, i want to see how much it actually costs you to do this/how it turns out so i can figure out how practical it would be for me to do the same. :haha::naughtydance:

I really like the dimensions of a 75--that's why I joked the other day about not being able to live vicariously if you went with the 125. :D

To me, it's big enough to leave room for lots of corals and a good variety of fishies, but not so big that it's really difficult to take care of. Get a nice sized sump (29g or 30L, maybe), and you've got a good volume going through the system to help keep it stable.

The length of the 75, 90, and 120 is the same for all, but I don't think depth is the same, so again you're back to what fits comfortably in the room.

It's going to be great, regardless of which one you choose, and I think you're very smart to take your time and decide which is the one that really works best for your needs/wants. :flower:

Thanks Anne. Still trying to shake off the visions of six foot -o- coral filled tang filled sexiness, but I'll recover. :happy:

75's are great...I have a thread around somewhere :P

But I would go 120 :P if ya can fit it...the 110 is VERY tall and horrible to scape.

here are some dimensions

AGA tank dimensions

ahhh ha found it

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=153368&hl=

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Maria!! Herrow!

Really looking like a 75. Perhaps a 90 if a great deal is found.

Thanks for the links to buddy. *hugs* *flower* lol

Leaning towards the AGA tanks because I love the overflow on the back wall. Perfecto cornerflows are humongous! :o Of coarse there is always the Oceanic tech series tanks with the Starphire front glass :o

hey richie, i have one of those 110g tall tanks -- it's freshwater. it currently has a crappy marineland 48" 4-bulb t-5 fixture on it.

that fixture lights my freshwater fish very well. very nice tank to look at (my kitty thinks so, too, as can be seen in my avatar). for freshwater, though.

i've got to tell you, i don't know how on this earth i'd (reasonably) be able to light it if i wanted to turn it into a full-on reef tank. once our blood parrot cichlids pass on (my wife and i have had them since we started dating 6 years ago, and we are definitely attached), i am more than likely just going to turn it into a FOWLR-ish tank with some bigger fish in it (e.g. lionfish, snowflake eel, tang, porcupine puffer), maybe some softies. because, as much as i'd prefer to make it a mixed reef... i don't have the financial backing (so to speak) to try and light that sucker.

(i guess what i'm saying is, -1 for any plan to get a 110g tall if money is an issue).

EDIT: on the other hand, 110g tall is the biggest tank that fits on the wall it's on in my house. and, if you CAN justify the money to light the thing, it would make for a pretty sweet showpiece. it's just that there are cheaper ways to go. on the other hand, sometimes it's worth it to spend the money to get the piece you want. also, i want to see how much it actually costs you to do this/how it turns out so i can figure out how practical it would be for me to do the same.

Definitely a bugger to scape and light for a reef. Must make for an impressive FO display tho.

Thanks Tim. :)

So I swapped the love seat and couch ( among other things :P ) and it's gonna be great!

Either the 75 or 90 will go and with that little extra room from the change will "feel" more like a part of the room and not so tucked away in the corner.

Getting really pumped up about this upgrade now that I have the room rearranged.

Has anyone else seen a canopy that actually attaches to the wall rather than just sitting on the tank?

Saw one on ebay and I thought it was really a cool idea. Not sure I would go that route, but it looked awesome.

:)

Not neva eva have I seen a canopy attached to the wall...that sounds cool as heck tho!!

Told ya there would be some furniture movin' up in hurr :P

Congrats buddeh! Oh hurriez up!!! :lol:omgomgomg

Time for some DIY!

And on a totally different note......

Guess who has Octoberfest!!! :D

Not neva eva have I seen a canopy attached to the wall...that sounds cool as heck tho!!

Ja, twas!

Told ya there would be some furniture movin' up in hurr :P

Joowuz right again.

Congrats buddeh! Oh hurriez up!!! :lol:omgomgomg

:oomgomgomg:lol:

Time for some DIY!

Think you may be correct once again.

Guess who has Octoberfest!!! :D

I saw dat! :lol:

Militant Jurist

I think this is going to be a new tradition.... October means new tanks! I set up my new tank with some Sammy Octoberfest, Weetie's got her new pico up with Octoberfest.... and now we need some photos of your new tank with some Octoberfest!

B)

I'm excited for you, Richie. I just know any day now I'm going to click this thread and see a new tank. :happydance:

I think this is going to be a new tradition.... October means new tanks!

This works for me...but who tells my hubby? :blink::happy:

Archived