Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NRF's 46 Bow

Needreefunds

A surprise shipment of acans will certainly reinforce it though! :D

:happy:

Glad to help! :happy:

Of course, you can probably return the lumber as long as you don't cut it. ;) I'm going to a Browns football game this weekend, but next weekend I'll be making a lumber trip myself. I think I'm going to use white pine as a shell for my stand. I'll join the boards together and use an oak stain. Building is so much fun!

I may do this the same way. Frame it out and finish the "floor", get the system up and running and skin the stand later when I can- hopefully then avoiding the temptation to cut corners and wind up with something that looks like I made it. :lol: If you know what I mean. :happy:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
:happy:

I may do this the same way. Frame it out and finish the "floor", get the system up and running and skin the stand later when I can- hopefully then avoiding the temptation to cut corners and wind up with something that looks like I made it. :lol: If you know what I mean. :happy:

Haha I completely know what you mean! If anyone gives you flak about it, say that it was intentional because you were going for the old school custom built look, like they did back on the frontier. :lol:

I got a package full of awesome corals from him today. :wub:

And you didn't tell me you were sending acans! :o They're beautimous.

Pix woman!!pix!!

Richie ya have any sweet macros that you can sell for my contest tank that I am entering and need cheerleaders for?? hmmm?? do ya?? do ya?? :huh:

I thought it would be cool to collect a plethora of sweet macros from my friends on NR and grow dem wit lub <3

I needz macros prz :flower:

Pix woman!!pix!!

Richie ya have any sweet macros that you can sell for my contest tank that I am entering and need cheerleaders for?? hmmm?? do ya?? do ya?? :huh:

I thought it would be cool to collect a plethora of sweet macros from my friends on NR and grow dem wit lub <3

I needz macros prz :flower:

Sell??? :huh: No.

You can haz them tho. :happy:

Whatever I have , I'll send ya a frag if ya likes. :)

Militant Jurist
Sell??? :huh: No.

You can haz them tho. :happy:

Whatever I have , I'll send ya a frag if ya likes. :)

That's what I love about the folks on NR. I don't know of anywhere else that a person would find this kind of generosity!

Jes I likes it aloht ;)

I <3 NR

You guys are da bestesses :blush:

Gonna be even better for joo since our buddeh Kim sent me more cool stuffs.

I'm gonna snip some of those and send also.

Update

OK- The used stands are not happening. :(

Call me crazy, but I'll try to DIY a stand. Mind you, no garage or basement to build in. Means cutting outside, building inside......heck many of ya are in da same boat so you know what I'm sayin. Construction conditions are far from optimal, but we will have a go as they say.

Basic 2 x 4 frame?

I was thinking along the lines of basically building 4 mini "walls" ya know, 45* at the corners....hard to 'splain.

Anyone with known links to solid plans please send them along. lol.....tired of searching. :D

Hey, half my sand order came in :huh: ...no, i don't know where the other box is.......

Just picked up:

Wood and misc other building supplies.

New tank.

Misc plumbing supplies.

Dats all for now. :happy:

C-ya. Gots werk to do. :P

Militant Jurist

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

stretcher.gif

Ok.... now that I've recovered, I think we need pitchers! Lots and lots of pitchers!

If you are still looking for a 2x4 stand construction plan, I think this picture explains it best:

diy-aquarium-stand.jpg

It's the design I've used and it's worked like a charm. I also used lag bolts where the green legs meet the red rails. It's over-engineered, but it's extra piece of mind. ;)

Ok, carry on. :D

Which tank didja finally get?????

AGA 75 rr Megaflow overflow. :happydance:

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

stretcher.gif

Ok.... now that I've recovered, I think we need pitchers! Lots and lots of pitchers!

If you are still looking for a 2x4 stand construction plan, I think this picture explains it best:

diy-aquarium-stand.jpg

It's the design I've used and it's worked like a charm. I also used lag bolts where the green legs meet the red rails. It's over-engineered, but it's extra piece of mind. ;)

Ok, carry on. :D

LOL cool smileys bro!

Thanks buddy. Found another one I'm gonna roll with.

Wish it would stop raining so I can cut some lumba *sigh*

AGA 75 rr Megaflow overflow. :happydance:

WOO HOO!!!!!!! :happydance:

I'm so excited for you, Richie! Wishing you the best with this new build, and looking forward to following the progress. :flower:

What happened to the other stand?

WOO HOO!!!!!!! :happydance:

I'm so excited for you, Richie! Wishing you the best with this new build, and looking forward to following the progress. :flower:

What happened to the other stand?

Thanks very much Anne.

The stand?

Funny story actually.....sort of.

Emailed him asking if the 30 breeder I wanted to use for the sump would fit. Turns out he was in Miami and took a couple days to reply. During that time a local reefer emails me offering an AGA stand for a 90 ( same dims ) says it needs some TLC, but can have it for free. Couldn't get together for a couple days due to his schedule..... ) meanwhile back on the ranch ( .....I find out a 30b will not fit in either stand. Here comes the "funny" part though. I get an email reply to the sale thread I found the cool stand in. Turns out the guy with the free stand just bought the other stand I wanted. :lol::huh:<_<:angry:

Oh well. Momma always said if its meant to be its meant to be.

Hey.....mini update. To build a stand the way I want and house a 30 breeder IT WILL STILL NOT FIT IN THE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR THE TANK. * nutz * My tape measure and calculator lied to me again. :D

What do they say? garbage in, garbage out? Oh wellz, back to the drawing board. I think the 20L will work. Trying to do the math to be sure before I break out the eraser for the stand plans.

Still raining........

He

that's one awesome stand. please paint it exactly.

..what, the still untouched stack of 2 x 4's sitting in mah dining room??? <_<

:P

omgomgomg:happydance:omgomgomg:happydance:

NEW TANK!!!

Ok... Now put the beer down and get building preaze! B)

I wish.....rained all day. :tears:

Hopefully tomorrow I can cut some boards.

Come on Nancy... A bit "o" rain never hurt anybody!!! Use a hacksaw!!! :huh:

;)

A "bit" ? Got like 2" of rain yesterday :o

But I hear ya. :happy:

I fit a 30 long under my 125g with no problems ...it's an AGA pine stand -_-

Yay!! for progress!!!

:lol: Thanks M!

Re designed the stand for an inside dimension of 13" So I can go with the 20L , 30 reg and a few others.

Yay for .......well some progress I guess. :happy:

The sun is shining today. :happy:

Goin' out der riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghht now. :P

Archived