Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Day Job

scottyreef

I dont have a tank yet. im saving some cash flow$$$. I go to college for Radiology Technician and should be done in 4 years. But i currently work at a surfshop right now.

interesting, i would have thought there would be more scientists on this site... im a research scientist at stanford medical working with HIV.

Any progress? :huh:

okay, you have to delete yours now or my deletion is useless.

I seriously loled at it but deleted anyways so I wouldnt be the one with it in my post. Ok I'm done assing up this thread.

I seriously loled at it but deleted anyways so I wouldnt be the one with it in my post. Ok I'm done assing up this thread.

I guess I really should leave that one alone huh?

HeyLookItsCaps

i work with developmentally disabled adults who are well enough to semi-function in society *have their own apartments, go to a job etc* of course the apartments and the jobs are all state aided. but i help them cook, clean, manage their money, get to work, medications, appointments. hard but rewarding

im also a full time college student

Edited by HeyLookItsCaps
I suspect the coral is more lucrative, and addicting.

I work in Business Development for Smiley Media. We are a lead generation company in the internet space. If you own a site with significant traffic in the US, UK, CA or AU I can generate significant revenue for you and i'm addicted to corals

pismo_reefer
I work in Business Development for Smiley Media. We are a lead generation company in the internet space. If you own a site with significant traffic in the US, UK, CA or AU I can generate significant revenue for you and i'm addicted to corals

wow...again? maybe you should simmadown-nah!

The Propagator
i work with developmentally disabled adults who are well enough to semi-function in society *have their own apartments, go to a job etc* of course the apartments and the jobs are all state aided. but i help them cook, clean, manage their money, get to work, medications, appointments. hard but rewarding

My Aunt and Uncle ran a state aided home for the developmentally challenged that were not able function on their own. Basically their crap azz families abandoned them.

OMG man you talk about heart breakers... Mentally handicapped people are so genuine, and real.

I couldn't stomach it. I tried helping out one summer and bawled just about every day after work.

Then.... having to see their families out in GP knowing they KNOW where their son or daughter is, put them there, and never visit was rough too...

I guess I am either not hard hearted enough OR I am not focused enough for that line of work.

This one litle fella " Mimmy " ( name was Jimmy, had a healthy dose of down syndrome..)

Was scared to death of water. 35 years old and would jump at the sight of a glass of water.

Literally. When it rained he would hide under the bed.

Man I am getting all fooked up right now just thinking about that.

Think what his family or some one close to him had to have done to him in the past for him to feel that way about some thing as simple as water. So many people take atvantage of them it isn't funny. Then just toss them away...

:(

Edited by The Propagator
HeyLookItsCaps

yes, its definately not easy work. dont get me wrong tho, im not hard hearted or a tough guy by any means. im a big cry baby, i love my clients like i would family. thats what keeps me going. is knowing that im making a difference, they may have been abandoned by some family, but im there to make up for it.

this is one of my clients. his name is tom and hes 45 years old. his parents passed away and im his only real friend. i see him 6 hours every day 6 times a week. nicest guy youll ever meet. always wears sweater vests or suits cuz his parents tought him to "look presentable", hes super polite, loves kids and animals, and is a really good person. hes told me that i make a HUGE difference in his life, and thats all i need to fight the tears back

l_2d3ef9b9286d2a7f49401e77ee842150.jpg

yes, its definately not easy work. dont get me wrong tho, im not hard hearted or a tough guy by any means. im a big cry baby, i love my clients like i would family. thats what keeps me going. is knowing that im making a difference, they may have been abandoned by some family, but im there to make up for it.

this is one of my clients. his name is tom and hes 45 years old. his parents passed away and im his only real friend. i see him 6 hours every day 6 times a week. nicest guy youll ever meet. always wears sweater vests or suits cuz his parents tought him to "look presentable", hes super polite, loves kids and animals, and is a really good person. hes told me that i make a HUGE difference in his life, and thats all i need to fight the tears back

l_2d3ef9b9286d2a7f49401e77ee842150.jpg

Succinctly put, YOU ROCK! +∞!!!

I am a carpenter and I work for the seminary I attend. Right now we are wrapping up a GIANT building that we built 250 bookshelves for (8' tall, 3+" wide). We didn't build the building, but in the event of an earthquake, the bookshelves will probably hold the building up.

I am in the Master of Divinity program there. Theology/Preaching.

Im a Radiographer right out of X-Ray school, figured I would post some pics of my work space...reading nano reef forums.. Its a slow day in out patient as you can see.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

side note: no pt names are shown here...always follow HIPPA

DOWNHOLE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supply chain supervisor for a large directional drilling company. Its stressful, the hours suck, but the pay is absolutely amazing....

p.s. I got me a new tank, in the wall of the new house, and it is friggin sweet. If I get some time next week, I'll snap off a picture or two. Its not full of water yet, my ro system is only making 17 gallons a day, and its been running non stop for 3 months.... hopefully in another month, I'll have it full....

HeyLookItsCaps
Im a Radiographer right out of X-Ray school, figured I would post some pics of my work space...reading nano reef forums.. Its a slow day in out patient as you can see.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

side note: no pt names are shown here...always follow HIPPA

I CAN SEE ME!

HeyLookItsCaps, you have truly chose a fulfilling job. I commend you!

mattnano- how are the radiologists where you work? I have experiences only a select few in my life, and several of them have been... odd apples.

BKtomodachi I have to say that @ my current job the radiologists are great. They are mostly young <50's and are very personable & good with patients and staff. However I trained for 2 years at a hospital in Allentown and I cant say the same... Ill leave it at that, odd apples is a good way to describe them. I think the new wave of Dr.s are much more "down to earth"

Dude, you rock. 'Nuff said. B)