inTank Media Baskets

Day Job

scottyreef

I'm a customer sale associate for sears auto...

waiting on all my info to go through at haliburton to make better money... I'm suppose to start on the 25th of this month.

if everything goes through I'll be debt free in a few short months and I'll be purchasing all kinds of new fun stuffs !

I'm a consultant helping companies improve their customer satisfaction...mostly wireless telecom, cable/satellite, car rental and airports, and insurance. No bad customer service there, right!!!

I spend most of my time talking to customers and front-line customer service employees (coolest part), and working with "management" and "executives" to tell them what they already know, what to do about it, and they do nothing about, really frustrating as all of us can think of a number of bad experiences. I also do a lot of work in call centers..think Dell, IBM, HP, etc. They are great too, right???

My kids are into reefing as much as I am (12,10, and 6).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a network admin at JILA, a physics research institution jointly funded by the University of Colorado, Boulder and NIST. We have 3 Nobel Laureates on staff and they're all very nice. :) They do the science, I make sure their computers work. I love it. I'm a pretty good mix of help desk and Admin, since for most problems, people call me first... I just also go and fix them.

This is easily my best job. My worst job was probably when I worked at Blockbuster as a Customer Support Representative (CSR). You /really/ grow to hate putting movies back on the shelves. (Also, a stack of VHS movies is much heavier than DVDs, haha. I worked there a while ago.)

To add to the mix: I also have a degree in Geography. I took most of the GIS classes here, but didn't do I think the Stats class to get the actual GIS component, heh.

I'm a game designer working on this project:

This is Vegas

Woah, awesome. :D I do love me some video games.

Edited by jrronimo
tubatime1010

I am a pharmacy technician working in both a hospital and a retail setting (2 jobs). I am currently studying to become a pharmacist. :happy:

Also, I work 5 days a week at both of those jobs. So to keep myself busy when Im not working...I work MORE! I am the assistant seafood manager at a major grocery chain whose name refers to large birds.

So I am a legalized drug distributer, a seafood dude...and a reefer...lol... I normally get some laughs when people find out I keep aquariums seeing as how I sell seafood...lol

Edited by tubatime1010

As of tuesday sept 2nd i will have a great new job title and huge bump in salary I will be SR. Project Manager for Environmental Projects for AEP i hope my head doesnt get to big hahaha

I am a machinist. I could make anything. literally anything. currently i am making parts for honda and scions new electric car dont ask what, it never says just get a blue print and checks. I also make parts for the military like what i think are the inside to missiles one cool one i could show you are these neat cameras that are already well known. were not the only ones making them but ours look a lot nicer though. swat teams and military all over the world are using these.

http://www.octatron.com/prodDragonEgg.html

I am also a full time student trying to get a B.S. in biology.

I am a machinist. I could make anything. literally anything. currently i am making parts for honda and scions new electric car dont ask what, it never says just get a blue print and checks. I also make parts for the military like what i think are the inside to missiles one cool one i could show you are these neat cameras that are already well known. were not the only ones making them but ours look a lot nicer though. swat teams and military all over the world are using these.

http://www.octatron.com/prodDragonEgg.html

I am also a full time student trying to get a B.S. in biology.

are you a programmer or operator or both?

This is easily my best job. My worst job was probably when I worked at Blockbuster as a Customer Support Representative (CSR). You /really/ grow to hate putting movies back on the shelves. (Also, a stack of VHS movies is much heavier than DVDs, haha. I worked there a while ago.)

I worked at Tower Records & Video, I don't even know if they're still around, but those were the best times of my life. This is when people actually had to go to a store to buy music, LOL. Used to meet so many different people. Ah what a care free life I had back then!

TheCuban1040
Currently employed with the URS Corporation as a GIS technician. I make maps. :D

I'm a GIS Analyst for a military contractor. Nice to see another mapper in the reef scene

hey supernip i started off an operator didnt go too school for programming but ive been doing this for four years so i handle the easier programs. but the stuff for the military i am scared of. so yeah i do both. im only 20 so i dont want this to be my life job unless i go to school for programming. better money.

by the way how do you know about machining?

Because as an operator, your claim of being able to make anything brought the lulz. It's a far bit of a stretch. You should consider machining if you value money more than knowledge (in regards to biology, it doesn't pay jack.) Lathe has been hot for a while since no one really does it anymore. A journeyman machinist can make upwards of 90-120k. Demand for low level machinists aren't that great but high level machinists have an an easy time finding work.

you know your stuff supernip. yeah actually the lathe is also more dangerous as well because of thrown parts. I run both lathes and mills. as for the money part you have to own your own machines though to start raking in the cash and thats after you pay off your machines but not that much money though because my boss is the owner and he lives next door to my parent's.

and your right i shouldnt have said "i" could make anything i only make parts off the blue prints i am given.

but as a biology major i could go into medicine not like marine biology if thats what you were thinking.

by the way your super sexy supernip.

hey i still make good money just not as much as guys who went to school for it.

you know your stuff supernip. yeah actually the lathe is also more dangerous as well because of thrown parts. I run both lathes and mills. as for the money part you have to own your own machines though to start raking in the cash and thats after you pay off your machines but not that much money though because my boss is the owner and he lives next door to my parent's.

and your right i shouldnt have said "i" could make anything i only make parts off the blue prints i am given.

but as a biology major i could go into medicine not like marine biology if thats what you were thinking.

by the way your super sexy supernip.

hey i still make good money just not as much as guys who went to school for it.

I thought super nip was a dude?

deputymiller68

I put bad people behind bars for a living. I am a Deputy Sheriff in Indiana. I try t work privae security to helpfund everything I want to do including stocking my tank.

I short software stock, dell, all banks. Basically make rich people richer.

Bad time to be in the stock market business o_o

Bullion (gold, silver, platinum, palladium) ftw!