Innovative Marine Aquariums

Day Job

scottyreef

hi everyone

i was wonder what do my fellow nano-reef due to make the cash to pay for there reef aquarium addiction.

i personally work as a Instrmentation & Controls Engineer for the Company AEP. its not glamous work but i make good money and have fairly good life as of yet. but while i was in college i did every kind of job ranging from pizza cook to working a brewery to aqurium cleaner thats how i started my hobby. so if you guys would like to share what you do to make the coral cash that is so important our lives

Cheers

scott

PS. Tell me about your best and your worst day job or night jobs

Edited by scottyreef

I'm in school right now at Western Michigan studying voice. Hoping someday to be a big rich and famous opera singer.....we'll see what happens. I basically live on loans for rent and food, but for the tank I run my own recording business. I specialize in classical music. It does pretty well, enough for me to get my fix of frags and whatnot.

www.myspace.com/rjprecording

If interested help me buy more frags!

Edited by PrimoPromo
TheUnfocusedOne

Student at RWU

and a mover

at the moment atleast... trying to find another job

is someone could hook a brotha up with a summer job in ct id be appreciative

Not sure where you're located, but I know a couple of people that make really good money in pizza delivery. I'm in Florida, so it might do better than other areas because of the tourism.

Polly

TheUnfocusedOne
Not sure where you're located, but I know a couple of people that make really good money in pizza delivery. I'm in Florida, so it might do better than other areas because of the tourism.

Polly

my brother did that, i could get a job doing it n make some good money

only problem is i drive a minivan, which guzzles gas

id probs loose money in the end :(

i remember those day very fondley. i look back now ( i have been out of college for about 6 years now) i think man it sucked hard to be broke. now i make more money and you now what i still am broke not really my hobby has just gotten more expensive

my brother did that, i could get a job doing it n make some good money

only problem is i drive a minivan, which guzzles gas

id probs loose money in the end :(

Yeah but you could carry a lot of pizzas!!!!

i remember those day very fondley. i look back now ( i have been out of college for about 6 years now) i think man it sucked hard to be broke. now i make more money and you now what i still am broke not really my hobby has just gotten more expensive

I'm a computer nerd and make enough to struggle w/my nano addiction, but then I don't think anybody can make enough to cover what we all want! ;)

i was wonder what do my fellow nano-reef due to make the cash to pay for there reef aquarium addiction.

I'm the equivalent of a Creative Director for a major Web Hosting and Data Center company. With a wife and two kids, and a fairly young family (my wife and I are in our 20's), there isn't always a lot of money for Reefing ... but I tend to find it here and there :)

Jason

hey i have my retirement program through you guys (The Hartford) .....i hate getting old

Yeah i am not married but i do have three kids ( three labs, baylee chocolate lab, Mia yellow lab and gert my black lab)

Edited by scottyreef

Well as alot of you guys already know I own Aquatic Acrylic Works. The name is self explaniatory. I also own Picketts Lawn Service & Landscaping. As crazy as it sounds I am looking to open up a new company. I am very interested in starting a company that leases complete marine and fresh water aquarium setups to residential and commercial clients. The contract will only require the customers to fill out a sheet explaining what type of fish, coral, plants that they want. Then sign on the line and write the check. The rest will be up to me.

I guess one can say that I love working for myself. I have a BA degree from Purdue in Organizational Leadership and Supervision. I guess if the right opportunity presented itself I would consider selling out and going that route. Never know.

Edited by thecowkid
hey i have my retirement program through you guys (The Hartford) .....i hate getting old

Mine's through MET, and YUP! I hate getting old too! :angry:

I guess one can say that I love working for myself. I have a BA degree from Purdue in Organizational Leadership and Supervision. I guess if the right opportunity presented itself I would consider selling out and going that route. Never know.

Hey Cow Kid, I'm going to remember you said this. I work for the largest financial institution in the world (can't name them) and they're downsizing like crazy. I will keep this in mind... ;)

Polly

NotGumbelWV

Programming & web design, self-employed ...

... and first job ever was pizza delivery, something I can safely say will always be my safety net, I guess :lol: