Cultivated Reef

Day Job

scottyreef

TheCuban1040
I am your friendly neighborhood cable guy! Eleven years dealing with pissed off customers! :owned:

Is it true that you can hook me up with every movie channel if I slip you 50 bucks?

heh, i am going to Clemson university next year to study economics and minor in something a little more runyourownbusinessy but before that hopefully ill end up on the brokerage or fund managing side of a bank like citigroup or bank of america... long way off but hell im a dreamer

as far as the housing market in America is concerned that som1 asked about a few posts up the crash was due largely to a number of factors but the major banks are hurting because demand for the houses has slowed causing the expected net worths of these homes they lent money for to be way off target- mostly in florida and california... banks were saying yea you can have this loan for y amount at X amount interest hedging on the fact that down the road they would be able to sell the house for y+ more money if the person couldn't pay off the mortgage

House prices in berkshire county are still through the roof. You cant find a decent small house around here that isnt in the crack whore districts under 300,000. I know its great for our economy to be run by tourism, but I am getting fed up with all the land being owned by second home owners. All the people that stay here all winter, and work our asses off to take care of these lazy clods all summer cant own homes.....not cool. PLus, new yorker citiers drive like total idiots. These are quiet rural roads and they still feel the need to tailgate, never use turn signals, and jump out in front of you (even though there are no more cars behind you.....) and slow down 10 mph below the speed limit. It seems like every time a jerk driver bugs me, I look over and its NY plates.

Can you tell its may and they're all coming back and I've been driving all day???? ARRRGHHH

I am the founder of a vitamin company that caters to people with chronic diseases

lot of work but eh at the end of the day its worth it.

Network Systems Administrator for Santa Clara University under the school of Education. Its fun and very laid back. I am looking into picking up a secondary job to supplement my Hobbies.

Adolfo

hi everyone

i was wonder what do my fellow nano-reef due to make the cash to pay for there reef aquarium addiction.

i personally work as a Instrmentation & Controls Engineer for the Company AEP. its not glamous work but i make good money and have fairly good life as of yet. but while i was in college i did every kind of job ranging from pizza cook to working a brewery to aqurium cleaner thats how i started my hobby. so if you guys would like to share what you do to make the coral cash that is so important our lives

Cheers

scott

PS. Tell me about your best and your worst day job or night jobs

My best day job is my current one which is a machinist for Symmetry Medical in New Bedford,Mass.Although it,s not inthe day I work 3rd shift,lol.Good job for going to Lfs when they open,my worst job was a second job during the day helping my buddy do landscaping that sucked royally :P

Shadowrider

Retired after 24 years in the Air Force and another 24 years with Walco Animal Health. Enjoying live and the fruits of my labors.

House prices in berkshire county are still through the roof. You cant find a decent small house around here that isnt in the crack whore districts under 300,000. I know its great for our economy to be run by tourism, but I am getting fed up with all the land being owned by second home owners. All the people that stay here all winter, and work our asses off to take care of these lazy clods all summer cant own homes.....not cool. PLus, new yorker citiers drive like total idiots. These are quiet rural roads and they still feel the need to tailgate, never use turn signals, and jump out in front of you (even though there are no more cars behind you.....) and slow down 10 mph below the speed limit. It seems like every time a jerk driver bugs me, I look over and its NY plates.

Can you tell its may and they're all coming back and I've been driving all day???? ARRRGHHH

I feel you... I'm originally from coastal Maine and it's the exact same there. Now I live north of Boston and I don't see that quite so much but the unfortunate reality is that I wont be able to afford a house any time in the next fifteen or so years.

BTW... former bartender turned carpenter, sort of.

I am your friendly neighborhood cable guy! Eleven years dealing with pissed off customers! :owned:

The only reason customer satisfaction with the cable companies is low is due to the fact that the cable companies go into customer's homes. Nobody likes service people in their home. The phone industry got away from that a while back and only services up to the home and not the wiring in the home. This will probably change as they get more into additional services.

What additional services we offer internet, phone and cable. The phone companys still go into homes especially now that companys like verizon are offering cable t.v. services. Someone still has to go in and set up all of the equipment.

Are you running a meth lab Wav? I get it thats why you dont like people in yer house! :o

• 4 weeks later...

woohoo i got me a new day job. well not really i ust signed a contract to spend a year Ireland buliding a new Hybrid Gasified Coal Power Plant. I am stoked i start in january 2009

frozensurfer

All I can tell you is when you take off or land in the Anchorage area, I'm the guy that guides you home safely from 2500ft to the surface.

• 1 month later...

very cool i was a engineer for US filter and GE ionics for a few years. i think it really cool to see were are backgrouds cross over with our hobbies

Currently a student at UCSB. I work full time at a LFS, it's...interesting. I plan on Law School in the future...

Edited by Break
todd03blown

Sr. Director; Database Management and Infrastructure Services. I over see and am responsible for all the data globally (production support, business intelligence and new development) for a 13billion dollar privately held corporate travel management company. Very stressful at times and very rewarding/challenging!!

Pipe fitter. I install fire protection systems (sprinklers) in mostly industrial applications in Mass. and N.H.

I enjoy my job for the most part, it pays the bills, puts food on the table a roof over our heads and new coral in the tank now and then.

dahliaheartsyou

Full time student majoring in Biology (weird right?) and plan to teach at college level

I work at a bakery! :flower:

but I get most my reefing money from the Bank of Dad :lol:

hey, I ain't afraid to say it!

lol.