ReefCleaners.org

Day Job

scottyreef

Currently, I am the head painter at a local premier body shop. But in two weeks, I'll be starting my new job as a route salesman for Frito-Lay in Martins Ferry, OH.

I make racing parts... I work for a start-up company and we make pistons for racing applications. My title is V.P. of Engineering, but that translates to the guy that designs everything from the tooling to the actual parts themselves… :)

masterbuilder

Day Trader.

Spend the day smoking cigs, taking aspirin, wringing my hands, pacing back and forth in front of monitors, watching lines go up and down, checking pulse, clutching heart, etc. Was an air traffic controller for 15 years, needed something more stressful. But...hey...start at 9:30...done by noon or so.

Mark

Edited by masterbuilder
JumpstartRN
Paramedic-EMT.....trauma junkie, help sick and injured people on 9-1-1 calls for the county ambulance. I save lives, what do you do?! lol =p

Cool Reefmedic....I'm an RN (used to work Neonatal ICU at Arnold Palmer/Winnie Palmer) who left about two years ago to teach health science and medical skills in high school. To pay for my nano habit....I'm pimping my husband out on the side :) sinc eteaching is quite the pay cut. I'll do it for another year and then I'm probably going back to work Peds ER.

Tracy

Gotta love Florida!

yankeesrebelson

Commercial fisherman/captain. My wife jokes with me that I spend all this time at work killin fish to make money then I just come home and spend the money on... live fish.

Edited by yankeesrebelson

awesome Tracy! I would think teaching might be a paycut but if its what you love to do, stick with it. =) I work for HCPS in west orange county. Love FL!

I am a firefighter and EMT and I do it for free

Otherwise I am a law enforcement officer (Deputy Sheriff) and hate it. But it pays the bills and with the crappy economy and the rise in crime, I know my job is safe.

Dont we all know about job security! lol

fishybadmike

I'm a college student majoring in Molecular Biology & Biochemistry/Biotechnology. My plan is to go to medical school next. During the summers, I work as a senior supervisor at a water-park.

JumpstartRN
I'm a college student majoring in Molecular Biology & Biochemistry/Biotechnology. My plan is to go to medical school next. During the summers, I work as a senior supervisor at a water-park.

You, son, can marry my daughter. She needs someone who will make good $$$to keep her in the style that she thinks she deserves!

Jumpstart....take me fishing at the BEST fishing spot in the world...your lagoon

Mark

I was at Playalinda beach last week (not the nekkid part, I had kids with me)...seeing how absolutely beautiful the ocean is makes me glad I live so close! I like it where I am...40 minutes from Orlando, Daytona and Cocoa Beach....and no traffic unless a shuttle flies!

BKtomodachi

Hello fishybadmike. Where do you want to go to medical school?

You should really consider applying to Creighton University. I am here for undergraduate currently (I am from Idaho as well), and we have very good connections with Idaho universities. In fact, many of our dental students study at Idaho State for their first year, then come here.

Engineering student during the school year, intern during the summers.

I must say I am looking forward to the whole school thing being over so I can dump more cash in my tank.

I'm a body piercer and I own a tattoo shop. Soon to be two tattoo shops. I also build hot rods on the side and breed reptiles and amphibians for a few local stores.

southflareefer

I work for the largest hospital chain in Florida as a Patient Finicial Services Rep.. Translates to, i schedule appointments for mostly old people(CT's..MRI's...XR's..Necular Med)..It's good pay for me(im 24) for now....i need to get my act together and go back to college..for all you that just started college never stop going!!! never!! it's hard going back, espically if you start making good money..

reefing has put a dent in my pocket though....3 tanks in and many projects in-between..

one day i would love to have my own LFS..they are every where here in south florida..

So I know that gossip is bad, but I know that one of the guys on RC who owns a 1000g tank codes for a MMORPG (basically a really big video game for anyone born before '85)... I didn't realize programmers got so much money!

There's a lot of latitude in that description. Some people write S/W to someone else' specifications and others start with a vague description, figure out how to make something work and develop the S/W to do so. Some times the political problems are as significant as the technical ones. Often times there is a requirement for domain knowledge as well as knowing how to code. Someone who can master all of that can command a commensurate fee.

I write S/W on contract and have worked for several firms in Chicago in both the financial industry (trading) and manufacturing (embedded systems.)

I don't have a 1000g tank.

Interesting thread. There's an incredible variety of interesting jobs represented. (And for those of you still in school, why are you reading this instead of doing your homework!?!)

-hank