Top Shelf Aquatics

Day Job

scottyreef

i love you guys growing up my gradfather was a cop and he would always gives the little nod when we would walk in to the store

LOL Polly you wanna buy a company or start you own. I bet if Florida you could clean up doing tank services. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

the only reson i quit being a pizza chef was i was going out this the owner sister and i kind of.... well kicked her to the curb. but yeah those were good times

Edited by scottyreef
Screename_116

Ya when all the cops come shopping we mess with them. I stuck an anti theft sticker on one before so he would beep going out, lol. I'm going to school for criminal justice, I'm nineteen so I have a little over a year before i'm old enough to be a police officer. Asset protection will look good on my resume(I hope).

my worst jobs was when i was selling knifes for cutco, man i still hate those guys. well long story short i told my sales manger to stick your crappy knifes up the butt after i ran out of friend and family to sell knifes too

I'm a machine operator for a fairly large steel building mfg. Not very glamorous, but gets the bills paid... Been there for 12 years now...

hey alright i am from washington ( kelso) and i went to college at UW. i miss home.

Right on bro! Been here all my life, and love it... For the most part! ;)

my brother did that, i could get a job doing it n make some good money

only problem is i drive a minivan, which guzzles gas

id probs loose money in the end :(

Haha, minivan, you mean shaggin' wagon?

nursing student. pharm tech and coral sales on the side for extra cash.

my girlfriend is a nursing student and she works at shriners hosptial for childern in sacramento,ca. i have gone to here work a few times and it is sometime hard to see all those kids with the problem they have to faces

I am very interested in starting a company that leases complete marine and fresh water aquarium setups to residential and commercial clients. The contract will only require the customers to fill out a sheet explaining what type of fish, coral, plants that they want. Then sign on the line and write the check. The rest will be up to me.

That's pretty cool. There's a guy by me that does that. He rents out all the equipment and livestock and maintains it for doctor's offices and the like. Some folks even pay him to perform routine maintainence on their home tanks. He seems to make a pretty good income. On top of that he has a storefront where he sells and keeps the livestock he uses. Good luck with that!

I'm a petsitter in CO. I got a BS in Marketing from RU during which time I made pizza. Then spent 8 years in corporate America. Had a family and started my own business. It pays the bills and I get to work with animals!

my worst jobs was when i was selling knifes for cutco, man i still hate those guys. well long story short i told my sales manger to stick your crappy knifes up the butt after i ran out of friend and family to sell knifes too

LOL i can kind of relate.

im a college student so i got suckered into the whole cutco thing and i quit shortly after as well. its a shady business model imo, but if you are good at sales the money is definitely there.

anywho, i dont have a real "job" but i am doing a MLM business called vemma. (MLM is basically a legal pyramid). Its basically residual income and i dont have to do anything :P. Since im a college student, i just hand out some free energy drink samples and ppl like it and they want to join as well. working a "real" job really isn't for me for a couple reasons. Im in school still, and if i was on my death bed with only a little longer to live, i wouldn't trade away an hour of my life for $8-$10 an hour.

(curious to see who will flame me)

here my little jumping bean mia

That's pretty cool. There's a guy by me that does that. He rents out all the equipment and livestock and maintains it for doctor's offices and the like. Some folks even pay him to perform routine maintainence on their home tanks. He seems to make a pretty good income. On top of that he has a storefront where he sells and keeps the livestock he uses. Good luck with that!

I'm a petsitter in CO. I got a BS in Marketing from RU during which time I made pizza. Then spent 8 years in corporate America. Had a family and started my own business. It pays the bills and I get to work with animals!

LOL i can kind of relate.

im a college student so i got suckered into the whole cutco thing and i quit shortly after as well. its a shady business model imo, but if you are good at sales the money is definitely there.

anywho, i dont have a real "job" but i am doing a MLM business called vemma. (MLM is basically a legal pyramid). Its basically residual income and i dont have to do anything :P. Since im a college student, i just hand out some free energy drink samples and ppl like it and they want to join as well. working a "real" job really isn't for me for a couple reasons. Im in school still, and if i was on my death bed with only a little longer to live, i wouldn't trade away an hour of my life for $8-$10 an hour.

(curious to see who will flame me)

true that pyramid scemes there good if you are on the top

BKtomodachi

Well I don't have a tank, but I had one in high school. I'm currently a college student at Creighton University. I'll be applying for optometry school next year, and I hope to go to either Pacific College of Optometry in forest grove, Oregon, or the Southern California College of Optometry in Fullerton.

I work in the admissions office here, and I am also a TA for the chemistry department, I work with nursing students. Its very fun. :)

er1c_the_reefer
Well I don't have a tank, but I had one in high school. I'm currently a college student at Creighton University. I'll be applying for optometry school next year, and I hope to go to either Pacific College of Optometry in forest grove, Oregon, or the Southern California College of Optometry in Fullerton.

I work in the admissions office here, and I am also a TA for the chemistry department, I work with nursing students. Its very fun. :)

SCCO ftw. i know a few people that go there, it's like 15-20 minutes from a few of the best LFS's in so cal.

BKtomodachi
SCCO ftw. i know a few people that go there, it's like 15-20 minutes from a few of the best LFS's in so cal.

Thanks for making my decision just THAT much easier. haha! Now, to get accepted. lol.

So I know that gossip is bad, but I know that one of the guys on RC who owns a 1000g tank codes for a MMORPG (basically a really big video game for anyone born before '85)... I didn't realize programmers got so much money!

Interesting job though...

Disclaimer: I am not a member of Reef Central! I go on there every once in a while to see what the main-stream reefers are up to! =D

automobile dismantler...cuttin' up/tearing apart your late model crashed cars with blood and guts in em' for resale of the salvagable parts and coring (recycling) of anything worth rebuilding. not very glamorous...in fact, i bet i get dirtier than just about anyone on this thread so far...LoL...but it's pretty interesting, and if you work hard like i do, and don't spend too much on tools, there's quite a decent pay involved. it's flat rate though...so if you're a lazy slob you don't make much.

if only taking apart cars was anywhere near as interesting as reefing, i'd probably be alot happier with where i'm at. i need to find a happy medium somewhere...probably somewhere in Florida...as oppose to the arctic tundra that is Central Massachusetts.

I am the one that everyone hated in high school. I teach chemistry, and advanced chemistry. It kinda comes in handy when trying to figure out calk, alk, and pH balances.

The down side is that I want to know the chemical reaction behind everything that goes into the tank

dsoz

cool i loved chemistry in high school. i was always a science geek my minor in college was theoretical physics and quantum mechanics but i couldnt foucs on it because it didnt have the discipline to complete it so now i am a engineer

Edited by scottyreef