SaltCritters.com

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

jedimasterben
My fave fantasy is that my pair will produce some who live to adulthood even with me doing nothing :P -- yes, I know it's a fantasy! I do enjoy having them in the tank!

I am considering adding my koralia hydor nano back into the tank -- tucked behind rock at the bottom where I won't see it. Are there any problems with sexies and greater flow/turbulence?

I had a gaggle of them in an 80g with three MP10s at 100%, they were fine and dandy.

• 3 weeks later...
SWEET! Can't wait to see everyone's pics! :D

-texx

Here's a quick video I put together of a couple of my sexy shrimp dancing...

My sexies :D Cute little things, they held onto my fingers after I scooped them out of the bag and put them in my tank.

SexyShrimp090112.jpg

GREAT photo! Take a look at this video I put together of my sexy shrimp dancing!

Here's a quick video I put together of a couple of my sexy shrimp dancing...

GREAT photo! Take a look at this video I put together of my sexy shrimp dancing!

Dude that video is HILARIOUS!!!

I love how you edited the dancing and shaking there butt's to the beat of the music!!

HAHAHA

Somebody tell me this is a horrible idea: I was thinking about setting up my 8 gal biorb (completely round acrylic tank) with a mini and maxi nem island and anemone shrimp (sexies, pederson's, white spots).

Bad bad bad idea, right? RIGHT?

Somebody tell me this is a horrible idea: I was thinking about setting up my 8 gal biorb (completely round acrylic tank) with a mini and maxi nem island and anemone shrimp (sexies, pederson's, white spots).

Bad bad bad idea, right? RIGHT?

Do it or we'll shun you.

Shun%20the%20non-believer!!!1!.bmp

How is it possible that the 3 sexies I have in my DT are all female?

The 5 sexies in the fuge are SO tiny, i can barely make out the patterns on the tail so as yet I am unable to sex them.

If they're young enough, they can still change their sex. But I've only ever seen them change from male to female. Maybe female is forever? :huh:

I had three small males together when one of them found herself. Took about 3 weeks to fully change.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put them in my tank and they seem to love it so far. My clown showed interest but turned away which I'm thankful for. These guys weren't cheap getting them up here in Alaska

mad-cat-swimming.jpg

I see your mad cat and RAISE YOU 1 SAD CAT

27223942.jpg

Just put them in my tank and they seem to love it so far. My clown showed interest but turned away which I'm thankful for. These guys weren't cheap getting them up here in Alaska

How much did you get robbed for up there in no man's land??

I have to imagine it's insanely expensive to have a reef tank up there as I would imagine there are next to no reef shop's and you have to have everything ordered online right?

Plus shipping and 10X the amount of normal heat packs probably kills you LOL

How much did you get robbed for up there in no man's land??

I have to imagine it's insanely expensive to have a reef tank up there as I would imagine there are next to no reef shop's and you have to have everything ordered online right?

Plus shipping and 10X the amount of normal heat packs probably kills you LOL

Each sexy was a terrible 25 a piece. Almost everything at the LFS is double the price compared to online shopping, but if you factor in shipping, what you buy at the LFS here would be about the same price as buying online. I've never ordered online, yet, mostly due to the fact that the LFS is very good and PETCO offers a good bargain on most equipment.

Yeah my sexies cost $25 a piece too. After reading this thread I'm going to hopefully pick up one more, but wait until my brother makes a large online order for his new tank and add my sexy to his order. It'll be awhile though.

Here's a picture of my sexies. They've been perching on my plate every night. It doesn't seem to mind, not that it could do anything I guess though. Enjoy.

2012-10-25_21-29-19_122.jpg

Each sexy was a terrible 25 a piece. Almost everything at the LFS is double the price compared to online shopping, but if you factor in shipping, what you buy at the LFS here would be about the same price as buying online. I've never ordered online, yet, mostly due to the fact that the LFS is very good and PETCO offers a good bargain on most equipment.

HOLY CRAP!!!

I paid like 6 dollars a piece at my LFS awhile back when I bought them