inTank Media Baskets

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

I've been noticing every once in awhile the sexies messing with the abdomen's. Is that them moving eggs around? I noticed it'd happen a lot for awhile, not so much now. They would curl their tails forward and start picking? I believe they are both females too. Both have broken stripes. Hoping to get more, maybe some males. Doubt I'll ever try to breed them though.

Sexy hanging out on birds nest frag. I need a real camera.

2012-10-31_15-33-21_404.jpg

Edited by steelcube
  • 1 month later...
All I have to say about my sexy shrimp at this point in time is that I want to get a pufferfish. :angry:

feed more... :D -- my shrimp do not bother coral anymore, but they get fed nearly every day!

I found a green Sexy Shrimp. :)

IMG_1168.jpg

Cool!

jedimasterben
feed more... :D -- my shrimp do not bother coral anymore, but they get fed nearly every day!

They got fed daily, at least once. :angry:

Finally caught them all today.

Hi,

I'm soooo happy I found this thread!

Can't wait to get my first sexy's.

My GF and I decided to convert the Fluval Edge office tank to a Sexy/Maxi Mini Reef with Mushrooms and Zoas!

I just finished setting up the tank... Now I have to wait until the ugly stage passes. :mellow:

How many do you think I should keep in there? It's the 46L model... and I sumped it :)

They got fed daily, at least once. :angry:

Finally caught them all today.

Okay, that pretty much ends my advice! Sorry they're being such buttheads. Mine have stayed well behaved, but there are only the two of them. I wonder if that makes a difference?

jedimasterben
Okay, that pretty much ends my advice! Sorry they're being such buttheads. Mine have stayed well behaved, but there are only the two of them. I wonder if that makes a difference?

I started off with a couple and noticed the skirts of zoas disappearing, but back then I didn't mind it, and ended up with about 15 sexies. I gave some away, and some disappeared, and I have four left, but now they're getting a taste for LPS and SPS. I found one eating on my big rainbow stylo and I just about went Rambo on its ass.

I started off with a couple and noticed the skirts of zoas disappearing, but back then I didn't mind it, and ended up with about 15 sexies. I gave some away, and some disappeared, and I have four left, but now they're getting a taste for LPS and SPS. I found one eating on my big rainbow stylo and I just about went Rambo on its ass.

I was wondering what was happening to my SPS polyps! Just got them a few weeks ago and feed them twice a day. Wonder if they will do well in my freshwater wild betta tank? Hmmmmmmm

jedimasterben
I was wondering what was happening to my SPS polyps! Just got them a few weeks ago and feed them twice a day. Wonder if they will do well in my freshwater wild betta tank? Hmmmmmmm

At least for a few seconds. ;)

I've got mine sitting in a little cup. I was gonna take them to the LFS yesterday, but didn't make it in time, so not sure what to do with them.

• 2 weeks later...

At least for a few seconds. ;)

I've got mine sitting in a little cup. I was gonna take them to the LFS yesterday, but didn't make it in time, so not sure what to do with them.

What did you end up doing with them? :(

jedimasterben
What did you end up doing with them? :(

Two died in the net, and took the other two to the LFS. One died on the way and was fed to a mantis shrimp, the one remaining was probably pawned off on some poor sap lol.

Two died in the net, and took the other two to the LFS. One died on the way and was fed to a mantis shrimp, the one remaining was probably pawned off on some poor sap lol.

ah jeez, I want a mantis shrimp >.> The one guy on here had a small, darkly colored mantis that I immediately fell for. I just don't know where to get one. XD

if I don't find one, I'm going to try my luck with the sexies.

jedimasterben

ah jeez, I want a mantis shrimp >.> The one guy on here had a small, darkly colored mantis that I immediately fell for. I just don't know where to get one. XD

if I don't find one, I'm going to try my luck with the sexies.

Mantids are pretty awesome, and can be really personable. Just don't get your fingers too close to them :lol:

This is odd to me. I've had three groups of for sexies in my day and never had issue w picking at corals.

Consider yourself lucky.

My tank is only a few weeks old so I'm not interested in putting much in there for now. I want to make sure it's stable. I really want sexies and pom pom crabs, though. They're so cute and tiny.

what brand of pellets do you use 19jeffro83?

• 2 weeks later...

Just introduced 5 sexy shrimp in my 7G!

Don't know about genders yet, as I just acclimmated them, and now I'm going to sleep! zzzZZZZzzz

Pics tomorrow ;)