Innovative Marine Aquariums

C.A.D. 39 Gallon... Anyone have one yet?!?!

Gvtv44

fast and sneaky:

i saw the tank they had set up in their shop and you can notice the acrylic surface skimmmer mod when there is no water. they had the tank running in their shop and because the acrylic is clear, you really dont notice it with the water. it actually looks just like water.

Urchin: wow i really admire what you are going for and it sounds awesome, but its going to cost much more money and time to put everything together. i would love to see how the whole set-up will look.

I just received my 39G last night. Fist tank was broke. Anyways, is the skimmer made to sit on the bottom of the chamber? Mine does not. To get it to look like it does in the pictures, I would basically have to "hang" the skimmer off of the glass between chamber 2 and 3 by the outflow tube. Did they send me the wrong skimmer?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are some more pics of the tank filled and sand / live rock put in. Eddie sent me the replacement plastic part for the skimmer and it is working very well so far. All in all I am really happy with the signature series kit. The glass top is a bad fit and the overflow was cutt to low but neither causes a problem.

Hey bhq looks great bud. Nice work. How is the skimmer noise wise?

Looking forward to the progression of your tank.

Jason

fastandsneaky
I just received my 39G last night. Fist tank was broke. Anyways, is the skimmer made to sit on the bottom of the chamber? Mine does not. To get it to look like it does in the pictures, I would basically have to "hang" the skimmer off of the glass between chamber 2 and 3 by the outflow tube. Did they send me the wrong skimmer?

I was referring to the surface skimmer not the protein skimmer if that is wat you mean. If you received yesterday, it should already have been fit with the mod near the surface skimmer or where the overflow is located. Sry for the confusion

Hey Mucci......I bought too much rock from "that fish place" in Lancaster PA. I bought 50 lbs of solomon Island rock. I'll probably sell some of the rock back to my LFS once it is fully cured. I'm really happy with the quality of the rock, I just bought a little too much because of the cheaper price the 50 lbs. afforded.

Hey Jay-Sun.......the skimmer' noise is low but noticeable when withing 8 feet. It's kicking off a ######load of scum which is good. I'd love to see your setup - when you get a chance post some pics if you are able.

Cards 1........the skimmer does not rest on the bottom, it is supported by the plastic outflow tube. It's meant to sort of hang on top of the glass wall.

Ben

Hey Mucci......I bought too much rock from "that fish place" in Lancaster PA. I bought 50 lbs of solomon Island rock. I'll probably sell some of the rock back to my LFS once it is fully cured. I'm really happy with the quality of the rock, I just bought a little too much because of the cheaper price the 50 lbs. afforded.

How many pounds of sand?

I was referring to the surface skimmer not the protein skimmer if that is wat you mean. If you received yesterday, it should already have been fit with the mod near the surface skimmer or where the overflow is located. Sry for the confusion

Fast.... I was posing my own question. I was not referring to the surface skimmer, but my protein skimmer...sorry for the confusion, but I would still like to know about this skimmer I have.

Hey Jay-Sun.......the skimmer' noise is low but noticeable when withing 8 feet. It's kicking off a ######load of scum which is good. I'd love to see your setup - when you get a chance post some pics if you are able.

Cards 1........the skimmer does not rest on the bottom, it is supported by the plastic outflow tube. It's meant to sort of hang on top of the glass wall.

Ben

Thanks bro for the info!!!

like they say Pin-wheel kicks Butt! wow that skimmer is really pulling out alot.

i put my tank together already and gonna put in water tonight.

BHQ: did you turn on the UV yet? if so do you notice it much?

cards: the skimmer hangs on the glass baffle of the refugium (doesnt go all the way to the bottom, the uv goes under the skimmer). the other side of the skimmer rests on the opposite glass panel.

hope that helps

X3 is your skimmer working already? I set mine up last Tuesday with 40 Lbs of live sand and 40 lbs of live rock but having problems with the skimmer. Either lots of bubbles or the cup is filling with water. Do I have to wait for the tank to settle? Been playing with the skimmer allot and having problems. I would add pictures but I don't have a way to down load my camera to the computer. Any Suggestions with the skimmer?

Here are some more pics of the tank filled and sand / live rock put in. Eddie sent me the replacement plastic part for the skimmer and it is working very well so far. All in all I am really happy with the signature series kit. The glass top is a bad fit and the overflow was cutt to low but neither causes a problem.

Your Tank looks really awesome.. nice rock work as well..

Just one thing.. You might want to think about your return, it is tucked in behind the rock..

Your Tank looks really awesome.. nice rock work as well..

Just one thing.. You might want to think about your return, it is tucked in behind the rock..

Hey Thanks.........about the return, is it that the rock will block the flow or that the rock is pushing on the actual return that you're concerned about? Let me know when you get a chance.....thanks.

So i finally took MY 39G Signature all apart and assembled everything. the cabinet took me about 40 min (20 Min looking for tools 20 min assembly). the tank took me about 30 minutes (15min to lay everything out and 15min to put everything together) no sweat. the tank was super easy to put together even though it didnt come with instructions. everything is pretty much all put together for you once you open the box. the only thing that needs installation is sliding the UV sterilizer in with the skimmer but that was pretty easy. you just gotta put the UV inside in an angle first and then the skimmer fits right over it. i figured that out from playing around with it a little. the skimmer rests in between the bio-compartment wall and hanging on the refugium wall. the skimmer has a very nice build to it (all acrylic) and is very surprising to find it standard on a nano system. the skimmer is VERY high quality and durable, i dont think this thing will break or fall apart unless you drop it. i havent tried out the UV yet, but i will turn it on once my water finishes cycling. the fan, fuge light snapped right in place (5 min). i put on the canopy and took it off for now, i like the tank being with no top like my larger tank.

i turned on the HQI light and it fired up right away, did anyone else have the problem of it not firing so far except for the one guy? the moonlight is SUPER bright, dont look at it too long. i left it on and worked on the tank and kept looking at it (something about blue LEDs is so attracting) and it left a whole bunch of glare marks when i close my eyes for 10 mins lol. some of the pics i took with the blue lighting is only the LEDs alone. this light strip i have to say is the best built HQI strip i have used so far. its a bit heavy but lift-able and its practically silent when turned on. also did i mention NO BALLASTS heating up the cabinet and taking up space? i might go with the hanging option this weekend for the total frameless/topless look with some help.

the tank is very BEAUTIFUL, the glasswork is immaculate. the edges are smooth to the touch and looks great with the curve. i measured it to be 3/8 of an inch thick and this baby felt much heavier than any 40G i have ever picked up before. the cabinet is nice and sturdy, no movement at all once all the screws are in place. i think i would've rather got the solid-cherry cabinet but the black matched my furniture better for me and with a 5yr old son, the black cabinet should be able to take more abuse.

boy i am more excited about this little one than my big tank. i already have some coral i chose out from my large tank to put in the Cadlights 39G. i plan to put in some of my trusty clowns into this new mini-luxury apartment to start it up. then a small toadstool that split from my larger one from the 300G.

i filled it up with 75% of water from my large tank and the rest with RODI, used 1/2 of my old bio-balls and put in 2 pieces of Pura padding in the bio-chamber. i stuffed in more pura-padding in the refugium chamber to filter out the dust from the new live sand, from the looks of it now, the water should be clear by tomorrow. once it clears im going to put in my first group of fish and toadstool.

i took a butt load of pics with my brothers digital Cam:

more to come!

how do you post up pics? i tried to post up like 20 pics but it comes out blank? i click on the insert image on the toolbox and then copy and paste the image link on properties on my snapfish photo. but it comes out blank?

anybody can help?

pics?

This is my new CadLight's 39gal Signature tank. It's a little too blue for me....thinking of going to a 10K bulb. :lol:

DSC_0009_resize.jpg

Ya...that's right....that's a rubbermaid bin. Where all my precious livestock is awaiting the arrival of Cad tank that DHL just cant seem to get here. I got everything else finelly but, they cant seem to deliver the tank in one piece.

Kind of a not so funny story. The first tank, stand and light was shipped out by Eddie on 2/8. DHL lost the shipment. All of it. When it finely got to me on 2/18, the tank was broke. I also recieved two light fixtures instead of one light fixture and a stand. One of the light fixtures was in shambles from damage. One fixture was ok. So, I had....a light fixture. Eddie had me "gut out" the tank and he would be shipping another one. Just the glass, none of the other items (skimmer, pumps, etc). He would also be shipping a stand. I made a deal with him and the glass tank and stand were being shipped second day air. They were to arrive on 2/21. So, took yet another day off work to wait. Guess what, no tank or stand shows up.

So, DHL says that the stand and tank will be delivered today. I wait around for the delivery all day. DHL's website say it's out for delivery. I wait and wait and wait. Getting all ready for the tank to arrive that Eddie packaged with "special", high density foam bottom and extra padding all the way around. I was checking the DHL website all day for any updates. At about 3:50pm, I check the their website and it says, "Attempt delivery, reciever not home.". I about died. I immediatly get on the phone to DHL. They said they will have someone at local hub contact me ASAP. A lady calls back and says that the package containing the stand was left on my porch but that the tank was broke. I died again. I explained that there was no package on my porch. She asked me a series of questions such as; describe your house, do you have chairs on the porch, etc. To make a long story short (ya, I know...not very short), the driver delivered the stand to the wrong house. So, the driver came all the way back out, ran down the street to a house about 4 houses away, grabed the package and brought it to me. I got to look at the broken tank still on his truck and it had two fork lift punctures right thru the middle. When I tipped the box slightly, all you could hear was crashing glass. I died again.

Well, third times a cham. There's no turning back now. Eddie is going to try and ship another one on Monday using FedX or UPS. We'll see how it goes. Im kind of numb to the situation right now. I did put the Cadlight's skimmer on the little rubbermaid bin and it's working pretty good. I snapped a couple pics of it and also of the stand and a lights. Very sorry about the looooooooong post. Wish me luck!!!!

Dennis

DSC_0002_resize.jpg

DSC_0003_resize.jpg

DSC_0004_resize.jpg

DSC_0007_resize.jpg

Hey Thanks.........about the return, is it that the rock will block the flow or that the rock is pushing on the actual return that you're concerned about? Let me know when you get a chance.....thanks.

With the return being behind the rock it will block most of the flow to the front of the tank..

This is my new CadLight's 39gal Signature tank. It's a little too blue for me....thinking of going to a 10K bulb. :lol:

I got to look at the broken tank still on his truck and it had two fork lift punctures right thru the middle. When I tipped the box slightly, all you could hear was crashing glass. I died again.

Interesting... DHL was chosen as the preferred method of delivery for the CAD tanks because they do not use conveyor belts (which in a few isolated instances products have been known to fall off) instead they use fork lifts,,

Steal Fork lift + Glass tank = Not so good

Well, third times a cham. There's no turning back now. Eddie is going to try and ship another one on Monday using FedX or UPS. We'll see how it goes. Im kind of numb to the situation right now. I did put the Cadlight's skimmer on the little rubbermaid bin and it's working pretty good. I snapped a couple pics of it and also of the stand and a lights. Very sorry about the looooooooong post. Wish me luck!!!!

Dennis

That is just not right. Unreal. Luckily I have never had a problem with any of my tanks or stands from CAD lights. Its just pure luck though. DHL is the worst shipper I have ever dealt with. Im a pretty patient guy but even I would be frustrated with this whole deal. Hope the third time is the charm. Good luck!!! Only positive thing I can think to tell ya is that you will love the tank when it finally shows up in one piece!!

Jason ;)

I got to see a little bit of the first broken tank. I didnt want to unpack it all the way since it is going back. What I saw of the tank, it is really really really top notch. The whole system is awesome. I just wish the shipper was better. I never knew I had such patience waiting for this tank. But, I will tell ya...my patience is running REAL thin. Thanks for the responses!

Dennis

sorry to hear about that Dennis in my opinion i think when the box says fragile and glass etc. ppl should use the common sense of not driving a forklift through it. i mean how hard is it for ppl to just pick it up with 2 ppl? i think there is something wrong with the DHL station in your area if they broke the tank and deliver the package to the wrong house. have you ever gotten anything else from DHL before?

i think its great that Cadlights is being so helpful, their customer service is just great. when i picked up my tank last week i saw how they packed the tanks and the packaging looked really strong.

the tank is awesome you will love it once it gets there (fingers crossed)

im still trying to upload my pics. my water all cleared up already!

Hi

Help please!!!! I received my tank yesterday and it actually came in the correct number of pieces. This is my first SW tank in thirty years, so things have changed and I have some questions. The skimmer is putting out huge amounts micro bubbles and if I try to adjust it the cup just fills up.

Cheers

mark

Archived