SaltCritters.com

C.A.D. 39 Gallon... Anyone have one yet?!?!

Gvtv44

for the skimmer, i aim it towards the back wall of the refugium so that the water coming out of the skimmer will glide down more gently into the refugium. i also took a little piece of coarse sponge (Aquaclear Lg sponge: costs $5) and stuck it in on the outtake pipe and it got rid of all the microbubbles.

I have gone with both of these solutions and the micro bubbles have virtually disappeared. The large sponge wedges in perfectly in the refugium. It is nice and snug and did not need to be tied to the skimmer outflow pipe.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Space between back of tank and wall?

Now that my cabinet has arrived I will be installing my Cad39 in it's final resting place. To date I have had it running on my workbench with the back turned outwards. This has given me an opportunity to view how the rear chambers function.

Dmattlin stated that he has 4" of space between the back of the tank and the wall, but he is thinking 6" would be better to allow viewing of the rear chambers. What have others used and are you satisfied with the spacing?

Space between back of tank and wall?

Now that my cabinet has arrived I will be installing my Cad39 in it's final resting place. To date I have had it running on my workbench with the back turned outwards. This has given me an opportunity to view how the rear chambers function.

Dmattlin stated that he has 4" of space between the back of the tank and the wall, but he is thinking 6" would be better to allow viewing of the rear chambers. What have others used and are you satisfied with the spacing?

Defiantly need more than 4 inches.. it is almost impossible to check the water levels being that close..

just set up my new 39 Fri. Beautiful lines. Cooling fan seems too noisy, I don't know if this is the norm or not. Transferred livestock from 2yr. old 75 gal.

post-35352-1206992462_thumb.jpg

Well I thought I would chime in here. I have a cadlight and have for a while. I have been with them for a while now. Actually I got into them when not many even knew what a cadlight was. I love mine. I cannot say anything bad about the company. They are great to deal with and deff. go above and beyond any other company i have ever dealt with. I have seen them take customer feedback and actually take what they say and make there product better. Case in point. I just had my ballast for one of my antics go out and well I called eddie who i have kinda gotten to know over the last 2 years and he told me he would send me over the new light at cost. Well I took him on that. I got the light in and man i have to say its a really nice light. Much better than the one that they had when they started. I see everything that customers wanted and talked about on the forums has been addressed and in my opinion addressed very well. Kudos to them. There pict online just do not give this light justice. Its really nice.

on a diff note. I love the tanks that everyone has on here. they are fantastic. and thanks for sharing.

todd03blown
Well I thought I would chime in here. I have a cadlight and have for a while. I have been with them for a while now. Actually I got into them when not many even knew what a cadlight was. I love mine. I cannot say anything bad about the company. They are great to deal with and deff. go above and beyond any other company i have ever dealt with. I have seen them take customer feedback and actually take what they say and make there product better. Case in point. I just had my ballast for one of my antics go out and well I called eddie who i have kinda gotten to know over the last 2 years and he told me he would send me over the new light at cost. Well I took him on that. I got the light in and man i have to say its a really nice light. Much better than the one that they had when they started. I see everything that customers wanted and talked about on the forums has been addressed and in my opinion addressed very well. Kudos to them. There pict online just do not give this light justice. Its really nice.

on a diff note. I love the tanks that everyone has on here. they are fantastic. and thanks for sharing.

I am brand new to reefing, never done any of this in the past. I have narrowed my choices down to CAD 39 signature, RSM and Solana. I am leaning towards the CAD39 as it seems to strik my fancy those most out of the others. I am trying to locate a good LSF in Atlanta that has good prices as I am wanting to buy something this week.

What are the other protein skimmer options for the back chamber on the CAD 39G Signature? I am using the skimmer that came with the package, but thinking about upgrading. Anybody using other skimmers on theirs already?

Thanks,

Ben

Yesterday I installed the UV unit in chamber 4 with the pump. It lasted all of one hour before dying. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

scooter1010
Yesterday I installed the UV unit in chamber 4 with the pump. It lasted all of one hour before dying. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I have had mine on for a week and no problems so far. Call them up and demand a replacement.

I have had mine on for a week and no problems so far. Call them up and demand a replacement.

Before I do that I want to find out if anyone had a similar problem and a simple solution.

i have had mine for about 1 1/2 month so far and no problems yet. have you tried to take it out of the chamber and turn it on? make sure you turn it on under water and dont look at the bulb too long, that thing is pretty strong. if it burned out that fast i am sure they will give you a new one.

i have had mine for about 1 1/2 month so far and no problems yet. have you tried to take it out of the chamber and turn it on? make sure you turn it on under water and dont look at the bulb too long, that thing is pretty strong. if it burned out that fast i am sure they will give you a new one.

I did take it out of the chamber and test it on my work bench but no luck. I will see if there is some issue with the connection or a crack in the glass. It at least worked for the first hour in the tank.

Eddie @ CadLights has already responded. He will replace the UV unit and the refugium light, which has never worked. I will just cover the cost of the shipping.

I also read elsewhere that there is a quieter cooler fan soon to be available. I have asked Eddie if that is true to send me one of those as well. The current cooler fan is very effective at reducing the temperature but the noise drives my wife crazy.

Archived