ReefCleaners.org

C.A.D. 39 Gallon... Anyone have one yet?!?!

Gvtv44

My tank and stand were picked up by UPS on February 20th. CadLights provided me with 2 UPS tracking numbers. The tracking number for the stand shows that it was picked up in Brooklyn with no further shipping data. The tracking number for the tank shows that it crossed into BC on the afternoon of Feb 28th.

When CadLights contacted UPS regarding the stand on Feb 27th they were informed both packages had already entered BC and that I had been contacted. In truth UPS has not yet called.

When I contacted UPS later in the day they were puzzled regarding the where abouts of the stand but informed me that the tank had just crossed the border. No phone calls from UPS had been recorded in their tracking system.

When I returned home I found the stand waiting for me on the front step. Checking the tracking number on the waybill it is the same number that shows up on the UPS website which says it has not yet left Brooklyn.

Although the packaging looked sound on the outside the two rear panels were broken. Hopefully Eddie can send me replacements.

And the UPS website now shows the tank has left customs and should be arriving here on Friday.

Stay tuned.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW Dennis i am so envious of your Cherry cabinet!! that thing is so beautiful. i had the skimmer overflowing on me too when i first filled up my tank. after i lowered my water level to around the black base, it seems to have been working pretty stable as of now. the aquascaping is done really nice, i love how you were able to stack up the middle part like that.

fastandsneaky

Woohoo I got my Pro Tank and Light Ill have to wait till later open it, but I noticed on the site that they dont have it anymore, so I guess it is true that you have to buy the package. As good as their tanks and lights are I got a knock off Mag 5 pump, Ill take it seeing as I got for free but, I'm sort of glad to buy my own equipment.

TriggerHappyDude
Woohoo I got my Pro Tank and Light Ill have to wait till later open it, but I noticed on the site that they dont have it anymore, so I guess it is true that you have to buy the package. As good as their tanks and lights are I got a knock off Mag 5 pump, Ill take it seeing as I got for free but, I'm sort of glad to buy my own equipment.

fastandsneaky,

Did your Pro tank have the same issues as the Signature series one, where the piece of plastic was glued to the overflow slots to get the water level correct?

So this new package, as stated here below, how much will it be?

39g Pro tank

All components same as signature series (ie. skimmer, Halide/T5 light system and UV)

Includes a sump

Includes all the plumbing

Includes a Magdrive 5 pump

2 drilled holes inside overflow (1" Drain & 1/2" return)

Whats the difference in this package and the signature? Size of tanks? What else?

TriggerHappyDude
Honestly I am not in a position to comment either way on their skimmers/pumps.

I am going with a Tuze 9005 for $250 in the sump as a skimmer and a Mag 7 for $70 for the return pump in the sump as well as a Tunze 6025 for in the tank. The reason being is these are known quantities to me and I know who manufactures them. I believe the stuff from CAD is made in China by an OEM for CAD.

What this means to me is that I know that there is a relative consistent QC standard for Tunze/Mag due to their size and units deployed and track record which makes me more comfortable than a just out of beta unit from CAD.

Urchinhead,

What kind/brand of sump are you using?

If you want, just PM me with all your setup, if you don't mind sharing?

fastandsneaky
fastandsneaky,

Did your Pro tank have the same issues as the Signature series one, where the piece of plastic was glued to the overflow slots to get the water level correct?

So this new package, as stated here below, how much will it be?

39g Pro tank

All components same as signature series (ie. skimmer, Halide/T5 light system and UV)

Includes a sump

Includes all the plumbing

Includes a Magdrive 5 pump

2 drilled holes inside overflow (1" Drain & 1/2" return)

Whats the difference in this package and the signature? Size of tanks? What else?

All tanks in this batch will have that acrylic mod. There is no saying when the tank will come without it. Everything that comes with Sig series is going to come with the Pro tank, so that its basically plug and play. You wont need anything else expect a heater and little things. The nice thing about the pro series is that u get extra display area and a little more flexibilty on what you can buy as in equipment. The price on the Pro package is going to be around 900 but on oceanreeflections.com, it shold be around 850 or so.

TriggerHappyDude

Who does Eddie work for CAD or Oceanreflections?

So the acrylic mod is being addressed by CAD? Just no word on when it will be fixed?

I love these tanks but would rather pick my own gear...why can't we buy just the tank anymore?

I understand wanting to sell something plug and play, but why take away from us who want to build?

Dennis

Gosh, that cherry wook stand is HOT!!! know I wish I would have ordered that one in stead...

Denis: How is the presure on the return pump? There has been a lot of talk about peeps using their own personal favorites. In your opinion how is the flow coming from the return line??

dave

TriggerHappyDude

Hey all you out there considering a CAD system...I just got an email from Ken at Ocen Reeflections, with the newly released setup for the CAD PRO Series Kit...here are the details...he can beat CADs price too he said.

39G PRO PACKAGE

This new addition to our aquarium systems is specifically designed for the professional reef keeper. It is built with an internal center “reef ready” overflow box, giving these tanks two main goals: combining the nano reef display with the compatibility of using all external filtration systems. The Professional package complete is designed to be a complete Nano-reef system yet modeled as a full custom-made aquarium set-up with all the components installed in the cabinet for a true professional reef system. This comes included with our Signature series equipment package with our latest in HQI lighting design, High volume 100G True Pin-wheel high-volume protein skimmers, UV sterilizer, cooling fan, Mag-Drive 500GPH pump and all of the Cadlights Signature equipment that you are accustomed to seeing. It is the perfect package for the master DIYers and advanced reef hobbyists who want the most out of their reef-keeping experience.

Each one of these packages are installed here with pre-cut tubing, fittings, standpipes and all plumbing work prior to shipping.

Features:

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)20" x (H)20".

* Cadlights Pro 9.5G refugium sump (does not include refugium substrate).

* Mag-Drive 500GPH pump.

* Cell-cast acrylic “reef ready” overflow box with PVC standpipes, bulk-head fittings.

Drain line and return lines.

* 150w 14,000k with 2 x 24w Actinics supplements

* (2) ) LED-HO 2 watt moonlights.

* Black adhesive Vinyl background

* Tank mounts and ceiling mounting kit included.

* PC light strip for refugium.

* Signature Polished and mitred edges with Extra thick 8mm thick glass.

* Seamless curved front panel.

* Professional HQI, T5HO, LED-HO lighting system featuring our internal ballast technology.

* separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED-HO system and Halide lights. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.

* 100G Professional pin-wheel protein skimmer.

* 6W Drop-in Ultra violet sterilizer.

* 70G cooling unit.

* Glass Canopy comes standard.

Total price: $849.99

NaClH2Ofreak

Thanks for the compliments!

X3: Yes the cherry stand is indeed pretty sweet.

I was actually having a problem with noise from the center (fuge) overflow compartment when the water level was too low. Eddie said that the water normally just runs down the glass into the fuge but, mine was flowing "out" pretty well causing noise. When I brought the water level way up, the noise of course stopped but the skimmer would would not work (overflow). Now that I stuck the Remora on it, I can bring the water level in the back all the way up and it is quiet. The Remora skimmer however is NOT very quiet!!! Gotta work on that.

Regarding the aquascaping; Im going to probably have to redo it. Those rocks right in the center block a ton of light. I might have to move or remove a couple. Speaking of lighting , I installed the new Radium 20K bulb tonight and it is AWESOME! I love the bluer look.

dmattlin: I set the retun up by adding a "Y" locline adapter and two fan nozzels. I would say the flow is......little to none. It is very low flow IMO. Maybe it is how I have it hooked up but....dont know. I am using a tunze nano stream 6055 which literly moves the entire water column. It provides all the flow I need for the entire tank. I even remaked to Eddie how the retun pump seems really big for what little flow it seems to put out. Not sure...might have to try it without the "Y" adapter and fan nozzels.

Dennis

Hey all you out there considering a CAD system...I just got an email from Ken at Ocen Reeflections, with the newly released setup for the CAD PRO Series Kit...here are the details...he can beat CADs price too he said.

39G PRO PACKAGE

This new addition to our aquarium systems is specifically designed for the professional reef keeper. It is built with an internal center “reef ready” overflow box, giving these tanks two main goals: combining the nano reef display with the compatibility of using all external filtration systems. The Professional package complete is designed to be a complete Nano-reef system yet modeled as a full custom-made aquarium set-up with all the components installed in the cabinet for a true professional reef system. This comes included with our Signature series equipment package with our latest in HQI lighting design, High volume 100G True Pin-wheel high-volume protein skimmers, UV sterilizer, cooling fan, Mag-Drive 500GPH pump and all of the Cadlights Signature equipment that you are accustomed to seeing. It is the perfect package for the master DIYers and advanced reef hobbyists who want the most out of their reef-keeping experience.

Each one of these packages are installed here with pre-cut tubing, fittings, standpipes and all plumbing work prior to shipping.

Features:

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)20" x (H)20".

* Cadlights Pro 9.5G refugium sump (does not include refugium substrate).

* Mag-Drive 500GPH pump.

* Cell-cast acrylic “reef ready” overflow box with PVC standpipes, bulk-head fittings.

Drain line and return lines.

* 150w 14,000k with 2 x 24w Actinics supplements

* (2) ) LED-HO 2 watt moonlights.

* Black adhesive Vinyl background

* Tank mounts and ceiling mounting kit included.

* PC light strip for refugium.

* Signature Polished and mitred edges with Extra thick 8mm thick glass.

* Seamless curved front panel.

* Professional HQI, T5HO, LED-HO lighting system featuring our internal ballast technology.

* separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED-HO system and Halide lights. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.

* 100G Professional pin-wheel protein skimmer.

* 6W Drop-in Ultra violet sterilizer.

* 70G cooling unit.

* Glass Canopy comes standard.

Total price: $849.99

i have a couple questions for you guys, i seen the above post . it says the setup comes with 9.5 gallon refugium on the updated pro package. the sig tank fuge dimensions are 23x5x19.5/231=9.7gal.

thaey are about the same size. what im getting at is can anyone tell me why they would choose one over the other. is it for a even cleaner look , bigger footprint in tank, or other reasons you guys have. i am new to this demanding hobby. my other question is does anyone think there will be room for a chiller to fit in the cab with the fuge sump already packed in there. any opinions on this

thanks

stoneman

fastandsneaky

HAHA...I got my tank finally but no guess what??!!!! They forgot to send me the light. I know I know the customer service is top of line but this is ridiculous. Ive waited over 2 weeks for this tank and I havent even gotten everything yet. Granted the tank is beautiful, it gets to a point.

i have a couple questions for you guys, i seen the above post . it says the setup comes with 9.5 gallon refugium on the updated pro package. the sig tank fuge dimensions are 23x5x19.5/231=9.7gal.

thaey are about the same size. what im getting at is can anyone tell me why they would choose one over the other. is it for a even cleaner look , bigger footprint in tank, or other reasons you guys have. i am new to this demanding hobby. my other question is does anyone think there will be room for a chiller to fit in the cab with the fuge sump already packed in there. any opinions on this

thanks

stoneman

Really you cover it all. But I will add one thing. Because it also allows us to pull out the stuff that Eddie has in there and use our own. Frankly the whole value add to me of the Pro series was that I could just by the tank and the stand and all the other kit was of my own choosing. Sadly Eddie was having so many problems with people not being able to figure out how to put the Pro series kit together correctly that he opted to discontinue just selling the tank.

As to a chiller in the cab with the sump they sell in the tank. I don't think so. I just finished putting my cabinet together yesterday (its the pro version which means there is no central divider that goes all the way through back to front) and with their sized sump in there you would be hard pressed to fit a chiller in unless you kept at least one shelf in there. And there wouldn't be room for an ATO container either.

Bad engineering in my opinion. Which for those of you who don't know me that is about the worst thing I can say to someone about their design.

TriggerHappyDude

So if this tank stand is such a problem, some of you choosing not to put the middle divider in there and shelfs, and others choosing to, why do you buy this stand?

There are other options for stands to fit these tanks right?

I've seen the stands for the Finnex and the Solana, they would work wouldn't they?

Just asking, for those of you who have investigated this issue...

A good question. The answer for me was that for the price the stand is a very good one and looks quite attractive. I got the Cherry by the way because it fits my living room furniture and couches.

I bought the stand because I wanted a stand to match the tank... I am glad I did!!!

I would not remove the middle divider, the tank its self is heavy, then add water, rocks and sand.. There is no way I would go with out it..

TriggerHappyDude

I'm just kind of erked that I can't buy just the PRO TANK any more, I am not sure I want all that stuff that is going to be in the packaged deal...

I kind of want to piecemeal my own stuff...why can't we buy just the damned tank!??!?!

I bought the stand because I wanted a stand to match the tank... I am glad I did!!!

I would not remove the middle divider, the tank its self is heavy, then add water, rocks and sand.. There is no way I would go with out it..

what about the guys with the pro? i thought they took out the middle divider to fit the sump/fuge in the cadinet.

fastandsneaky
what about the guys with the pro? i thought they took out the middle divider to fit the sump/fuge in the cadinet.

The middle divider is not weight bearing so u can remove it with no worries jsut cant have any shelves

fastandsneaky
Dont the doors close against the center divider? What keeps the doos from "sinking" in?

Dennis

Yes they do but u can buy a stuff from any hardware store to stop it but the pro tanks come with a little bar to put it in the middle

Archived