inTank Media Baskets

C.A.D. 39 Gallon... Anyone have one yet?!?!

Gvtv44

Gratz, jay. Well my tank got lost in transit, but I think it was fate. For a little more than what I originally paid for I'm getting the 39 Pro series package. I know that it be better to buy pieces individually but I'm not too experienced and thought I could upgrade later. Plus the extra space sounds great making it a more true 39 gallon tank. Btw, Eddie is really a superb guy and made it super easy for me to switch my order.

Hey...wait a minute....Eddie just told me no more than 15 minutes ago that MINE was the only tank "lost in transit.". Hmmmmm.....I smell something fishy... :mellow:

Dennis

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey...wait a minute....Eddie just told me no more than 15 minutes ago that MINE was the only tank "lost in transit.". Hmmmmm.....I smell something fishy... :mellow:

Dennis

Gentlemen,

I talked to him today about 1100 PST 1400 EST and he stated that at that time he had two tanks have problems in transit of all the ones shipped to date. One was lost in transit the other was damaged in transit. He also sounded quite harried and about at the end of his rope in terms of trying to get things out the door so perhaps he had you two confused?

I called, by the way, to enquire about using an alternate shipper to the shaved apes at DHL. He told me the reason he used DHL was for packages over 100 lbs they were better than FedEx and UPS because they hand loaded everything instead of automated conveyer which had a tendency to drop large packages. I held back from pointing out that while the belts may drop things they didn't fling poo and screech at them as well like the monkey's at DHL... So my tank is due next friday with stand (he let me upgrade my stand to the cherry wood one). So far Eddie seems to be a good troop.

UH

gratz man cant wait to see the pics!!! quik question.... does this version of cadlights come with a heater? or will you have to buy one seperatly (and anything else that needs to be bought seperatly? other then timers/ro-di system, live rock, salt ect) cant wait to see it!

I believe the AIO does not come with a heater but it does have a 6w UV Sterilizer which can act as a heater... :P The Pro series comes with baffles and an overflow and thats it. You can add their light package as well as their sump, pump, and skimmer or roll your own.

UH

Ya...it's very disappointing. I REALLY like the looks of the tanks. Eddie does seem like a nice guy but, I unfortunatly dont have the time to wait around, waiting for a tank to arrive since it is signature required for the delivery. Going with DHL sounds like a bad decision but, if only two tanks had problems out of ???? then I guess it went well. Im downsizing from a 120gal tank and have the tank already sold. The new cadlights tank was due here last thursday and I have a guy comming to pickup the new 120gal on Sunday. So, Im now going to have livestock sitting in a rubbermaid bin for who knows how long. I had to cancel the order with eddie since I cant keep missing work to accept delivery of a tank that nobody knows WHEN will be delivered. Oh well....live and learn I guess.

Dennis

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me the easiest way to load pics here. Ive got the pics on my hardrive. Should I load them to webshots or something like that 1st? I dont usually do much of this stuff. Always been more of a lurker.

Just some things as far as the tank and stand are concerned. I got the 39 Signature series tank but its not the full version. I didnt get the skimmer with it. All I got was the return pump. No other accessories. I have a Remora skimmer for it already. So I cant let you all know whether my skimmer came in one piece. LOL. The tank itself is well done. The seams are smooth. No bubbles etc. Very well done. As far as the rear chambers are concerned they are all well done as well. Seams and silicone job neatly done. On the acrylic overflow slots that had already been commented on being cut too deep, they are. However Eddie and the boys took note and have glued on some clear acrylic pieces so that the slots still look to be 2" long but are actually only about a 1" long as far as the water going over is concerned. This will raise the water height up to where it should be. Not sure why they were cut so long to beging with. The glass top isn't the greatest fit. I never run a top on my 34G so I am not too concerned with that. The tank was well packaged. It had styrofoam and several pieces of 1/8" hard board in between the box and styrofoam. So the packing is well done. Better than when I recieved my 34 gallon tank last sping. All in all I give the tank an A- because of the fit of the top and the overflow slots and the mod they came up with to fix the water level.

Now for the stand. Here things kind of get interesting. I ordered the black stand. I got the cherry stand. My dad assembled it why I had run to the hardware store not knowing that it was supposed to be the black one. The main reason for going with the black is cause the cherry doesnt match the floor and the rest of the furniture in the living room where the tank was going. Well when I got home and saw this I wasnt sure what to do. My better half was bound and determined that the cherry stand was a no go where the tank was heading for. But she is just as much a fan of reefkeeping, marine life etc., as myself and likes the looks of the CAD tanks that she came up with the idea to get rid of the Red Sea Max that we have and put this tank with the cherry stand in that room and get another CAD tank for the living room. Only she has also decided she doesnt want the black stand but one that is made out of pine to match the wide pine hardwood flooring. So I am ok with that. I do have to contact Eddie still and let him know of the mistake. Im guessing someone that ordered a cherry stand may have gotten the black one. So I will have to get that straightened out. As far as the quality of the stand it is very nice. Its held together the same as the stands form before with the locking cam style nuts etc. But it is sturdy and solid. The box was a little beat up that it came in but the stand did not recieve a single scratch. It was well packed/protected. So the stand gets an A+. On the concern with the center divider for those running a sump you just wont install the divider. The divider is definately not structural. It is there to support the 2 piece shelf design. In my 34 gallon stand I dont run the shelf. There isnt enough room with all the plumbing and the fuge that is in the stand to put the shelf in place. There is a little more room in the 39 gallon stand. Not alot but some. The height you have to work with inside the stand is about 26". Once you put a fuge that stands 15" or so and then put a ligh on top of that and the fans as I do you dont have much to worry about a shelf. The door hinges are a good quality hinge that allows for adjustment so you can get the doors aligned nicely. All solid wood as well. Nice quality.

Now for the light. The light is a bit heavy on one end. I am a bit concerned with the plastic legs. They are not all that sturdy. It does come with all the stuff needed to hang the light which is now the route I am considering going. The light itself is nice. All mine worked without a hitch. The metal halide is very nice and bright. No humming or buzzing. It is kind of bulky looking cause of how the t5 lights look kind of like add ons. If you know what I mean. Still a nice looking design though. It has one fan. The fan comes on when the halide plug is plugged into the wall. The fan is quiet. There is plenty of room and already a grid on the opposite end to add another fan. Also I am going to rewire the fan so it can be controlled other than when it is plugged into the wall. Both T5's are on the same switch and have a seperate plug. The moonlights are nice and bright. They are not on a switch but rather the power supply has to be plugged into the wall and unplugged to turn off and on. None of this is that big a deal for those of us running a controller. Adding a switch for the moonlights can be done pretty easily. There are extra knock outs in the ends of the light where you could add another switch of run a cord through. Over the last CAD light I give this light an 8 where the old CAD light would have been a 1. It was terrible. This light is alot better thought out and put together. I give the light an B+. Those legs really kind of irk me.

I have not put water in the tank yet and it will be a little bit now cause I have to move the RSM tank and such to get this where it needs to be and then can get her wet. Anybody has any questions ask away. As soon as I figure out how to load the pics I will do so.

Just an fyi for ya'll. I have some neurological and autonomic dysnomia problems. So my brain doesnt work all that great at times and I tend to ramble and repeat myself. I try to go slow and make sure I am making sense but sometimes dont. So I hope what I have written helps out some and doesnt confuse too much. If I make some stupid mistakes just point them out to me and I will fix them.

Thanx, Jason

Hey all,

As far as Eddie being stressed that is for sure. I didnt deal with Eddie directly when I bought either tank. I go through Ken at Ocean Reeflections. I talk with Ken daily and have heard of some of Eddies issues. The biggest reason he is behind is cause the items coming from overseas were delayed. So Eddie got them pretty much on the day the tanks were supposed to start shipping. I think Eddie should have just released a statement to that effect on the website and pushed the release date back some. But he wanted and has been trying to get them done and out the door without too much delay. I have been told he is putting in some insane hours. And just by this thread alone you can see how many phone calls he has to deal with on top of it all. He isnt all alone but still pretty much the MAN. So I can certainly understand the stress level he must be experiencing. Still he is willing to do what it takes to make the customer happy and make sure things are alright. Have to give him credit for that.

Then click on img code, and it will copy it, then ctrl++v into your post.

(PATIENTLY :P Awaiting!)

your one impatient little bugger arent you :P werent bhq's picture enough :D

Ordered my tank Cad 39 on 4 Feb and it arrived today. The driver called me on my cell phone and told me that it would be delivered today. I told the driver that I would not be home tell later. The reason I think she called me was because it was so heavy it was about 125 LBS for both the tank and stand. It took me about three hours to put together both the tank and stand. The directions for the black stand was not the best. But was able to put it together with little problems The screws for the hinges for the doors suck but there was extra screws that came with the stand that I used. The tank had no directions but was simple to put together the skimmer does need Teflon tape (plumbers tape) for the bottom water inlet also the glass top I received was not supplied with the plastic pieces that you need to attach it to the top of the tank. Called Eddie and he said he would send it out on Monday. It is not a problem for me I can wait. I'm really happy with the tank, lights, and everything else that came with it. For the stand it is broken into four sections but I can take out the two shelves for the stand and I think it will work for me. The customer service is great just wish they had a Quality Assurance program before they send the stuff out. But I'm glad I spent the money. I would do it again I understood from the beginning it would take this long and just a couple of small problems Buying Live rock and sand tomorrow.

So I hope what I have written helps out some and doesnt confuse too much. If I make some stupid mistakes just point them out to me and I will fix them.

Thanx, Jason

Jay-Sun:

Great details, thanks for the info.

I'd just like to say to Jay-Sun that your post was probably the most informative out of anyone's. Very clear and understandable. I'm a disabled vet so I know that it's hard sometimes but you seem to be doing good for yourself....nothing but the best man.

Tony

Thanx guys.

Believe it or not Im still working on pics. I am uploading them to photobucket. Just taking for ever.

Damn dial up!!!!!!!!!

Been doing a bunch of re-arranging in the house today to make room for all the tanks and tank moving that is going on here. Fun, fun.

Not quite that slow!! LOL!

I did some last night. Got sick of waiting. Did some this morning got sick of waiting. Got some loading now. Getting sick of waiting! LOL!

Funny thing about how they do things up here in the sticks. A few years back Verizon, the local telephone provider went and pulled all the copper lines out and replace them with the new fiber optic line. At the time they tell me this is going to be a much better way to go. Here we are several years later and still no high speed internet. Reason they give. We are in to rural of an area. Fiber optics is too costly to hook up around here. LOL! Good thinking guys. Same deal with cable. No cable up here. Too rural an area. I have sattelite for my tv and I plan to take the plunge this spring and get sattelite for my Internet. Cant take this dial up stuff anymore. Like dying a slow death man. Oh yeah if I lived just about a mile and half down the mountain I live on I could have cable internet or dsl from verizon. Doh! :D

one thing i found that would speed up the process a whole lot is resize the pictures first, say 800x600 then upload it on photobucket. it will take forever if you try to upload 1mb file and have photobucket resize it for you

Archived