ReefCleaners.org

C.A.D. 39 Gallon... Anyone have one yet?!?!

Gvtv44

Anyone order the 39G Pro rather than the signature series? Basically, the pro is the tank only with an overflow and bottom drilled.

Yep. Me. Shipping this Friday due next Friday. Eddie very generously drilled the stand for me as well. I had saved enough cash for the stand, their lights, and the tank itself, plumbing, controller, new live rock, as well as a sump/fuge then Chinese New Year Red Bag hit and my wife sucked up my allot of my cash. So some stuff is on hold. I will start a thread on it as well if there is interest.

UH

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dmattlin: You got it :) That's exactly what I am looking for- mostly shots of the back sump and chambers B)

Thanks, I appreciate it! You can see my thread below- a few pages back I have my rockwork plans ;)

Verry sad day..!!!!

I just checked my Cadlights account and found that my tank is STILL pending.. this means that it has not shipped :-(

Just called Cadlights (1:46pm pst). I was told it should ship tomorrow..

That gives me time to purchase new flooring and furniture that will match the tank and stand.. WWeeee

fastandsneaky

I was so disappointed when DHL told me hat my tank hasn't arrived when it says estimate date was 2/11 but what can I do cry? Jk. But yea, eddie from cadlights is sending a skimmer mod overnight so the water level will be 3/4" from the top instead of 1.5".

Picked up my tank on Sunday and only now got a chance to open up the box and I must say that the tank itself is beautiful. The components it comes with...not so much. The UV and skimmer look cheap. As a matter of fact one of the side walls on the bottom of the skimmer that i guess acts as a stand for it fell off as soon as I took it out of the box. The skimmer pump does not fit snug into the bottom of the skimmer. It disconects from the skimmer easily and wont stay in when I go to stand the skimmer up. The glass top does not fit, too small, but I believe I was given the wrong one, atleast I hope i was. The one they had on the tank in the store running with water fit nicely but mine didnt. The light fixture is nice looking but heavy as hell on the side with the internal ballasts. Carefull when you lift it out of the box. Dissapointed that it only has 1 fan for cooling. More dissapointed that the MH would not light up. The T5's did and the HO led moonlights put out alot of light but all that counts for nothing if the light doesnt work fully right out of the box, IMO.

Have not contacted Eddie yet about the problems but just from talking to him in the store when I picked up the tank, I got a first hand impression of the great customer service cadlights is known for, and I'm sure he will replace what needs to be replaced.

Picked up my tank on Sunday and only now got a chance to open up the box and I must say that the tank itself is beautiful. The components it comes with...not so much. The UV and skimmer look cheap. As a matter of fact one of the side walls on the bottom of the skimmer that i guess acts as a stand for it fell off as soon as I took it out of the box. The skimmer pump does not fit snug into the bottom of the skimmer. It disconects from the skimmer easily and wont stay in when I go to stand the skimmer up. The glass top does not fit, too small, but I believe I was given the wrong one, atleast I hope i was. The one they had on the tank in the store running with water fit nicely but mine didnt. The light fixture is nice looking but heavy as hell on the side with the internal ballasts. Carefull when you lift it out of the box. Dissapointed that it only has 1 fan for cooling. More dissapointed that the MH would not light up. The T5's did and the HO led moonlights put out alot of light but all that counts for nothing if the light doesnt work fully right out of the box, IMO.

Have not contacted Eddie yet about the problems but just from talking to him in the store when I picked up the tank, I got a first hand impression of the great customer service cadlights is known for, and I'm sure he will replace what needs to be replaced.

I think I remember reading something about the lids not fitting for a reason, but I can't remember what that reason was. Any pictures?

The UV and skimmer look cheap. As a matter of fact one of the side walls on the bottom of the skimmer that i guess acts as a stand for it fell off as soon as I took it out of the box. The skimmer pump does not fit snug into the bottom of the skimmer. It disconects from the skimmer easily and wont stay in when I go to stand the skimmer up. Dissapointed that it only has 1 fan for cooling. More dissapointed that the MH would not light up. The T5's did and the HO led moonlights put out alot of light but all that counts for nothing if the light doesnt work fully right out of the box, IMO.

There is always a risk of ordering a new model of anything. Let Eddie know. From the sounds of it he will get right on it. I am interested to see if these issues are common to everyone else. Following threads of the RedSea Max there were some initial problems with their stock skimmer and fan. They eventually shipped out some modifications to all of the early purchasers.

Anticipating my 29G in another week or two?

Thank goodness Microsoft does not build aquariums.

I have still yet to see this great communication people seem to boast. I was told it would ship on Friday, well friday came an went. Now I don't get a response from them- perhaps sending out replacement crap (skimmers/plastics/lights,etc.) I would not have bought any of this from there- All I have read is how cheap it is. The tank, from what I have heard sounds great though. I guess it should be expected when ordering from a nobody in the business- most likely a "one man team". S t i l l w a i t i n g. . . .

i am going to pick up the tank also this Thursday. cant wait to start setting it up. im gonna take lots of pics and post them here.

nanonamor: did you fill it with water and run the tank yet? also, when you first get MH lights, they need some time to warm up before they light up. the lights are most likely shipped from overseas and from the manufacutrer to here, it probably hasnt turned on for 3 or so months. when i first got my Coralife Pro-light it didnt turn on right away either. i left the ballast on for a while (maybe 10 minutes or so) and it lit up and i never had a problem since.

i like to glue ALL of my fittings since even if they fit snug, they may pop out. you should make sure all the fittings are either glued or teflon taped.

any one have pics yet?

for something that costs 730 bucks i would expect everything to be spot on. doesnt help if the tank looks like a piece of art, but the rest of the equipment sucked.

OK... all the sudden this isn't sounding do good.

I am considering picking up a tube of acrillic glue just incase I have the same problems with the skimmer and other loose parts.. any sugestions as what kind of glue so I do not contanimate the tank?

burtbollinger
Getting mine delivered this afternoon. Will take some pics when unpacking and setting up.
\

I am following this thread and am very anxious to hear the deal...I have decided to get the 39G Sig once I get my tax refund check....I sure hope this tank is quality...my other options are finnex and the JBJ 28 HQI....neither one gets me as excited as this CADlights...

also, Eddie had told me his skimmer was high-quality, I'm very interested to hear a report on this...

consider this post a BUMP :)

Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!... i am waiting on my 39g Pro with sump and all accessories that come with sig. If the skimmer leaks, i will ask for money back and get the remora c and stick that in there. either way, i want my tank yesterday....

I left the lights on for a good 15 mins and the MH never turned on. From what Eddie told me the the ballasts are electronic so doesnt that mean that the lights should go on right away? There was no documentation with anything other than a tiny paper that came in one of the boxes and that was i think in chinese. Have not run the tank with water yet. Havnt had time and i'm not done getting everything i need yet(RO/DI unit, live rock, etc.) They changed the look of the glass cover aswell. Now its just 2 flat pieces of glass with rounded frot piece, with no handle to lift it. You pretty much have to push the glass back then get your fingers into the space in the front of the tank and lift the cover up. Again as i said earlier, the cover on the tank in the store fit nicely where mine leaves atleast 1 to 1.5 inches of space between the rim and the tank walls all around. Thats why i'm guessing I was given the wrong cover, maybe the cover for the 22g tank?? As far as the pump not fitting snuggly into the inlet of the skimmer i was planning on using plumbing tape on that anyway but with out any the pump eventually falls out, and that without the pump even being on. I was fully aware that this being a new model there would be issues but i expected them to be with the tank that they build and not the components that they buy from a supplier. But like i said in my other reply the day i picked the tank Eddie told me any problems with anything just come back and he'll take care of me.

i think pvc glue will glue on to anything! esspecially plastic. that would be perfect for sealing any loose fittings or connections. the best thing i think to use is plumbing tape because pumps dont last forever and the pvc cement does lol.

But like i said in my other reply the day i picked the tank Eddie told me any problems with anything just come back and he'll take care of me.

NanoNamor: Please keep us advised on how these items get resolved. Some of us are a long way away to be requesting parts etc.

This tank is drilled right? Does it have 2 holes drilled into the bottom of the black box, or the glass? When/if it's drilled, do you have to use a sump, or is there another solution so you don't have to use a sump, ie like plugging the holes, etc? I am a complete newb with sump, and when I ordered this tank, I didn't realize that it may already be drilled. I hadn't planned on having a sump. . . .

This tank is drilled right? Does it have 2 holes drilled into the bottom of the black box, or the glass? When/if it's drilled, do you have to use a sump, or is there another solution so you don't have to use a sump, ie like plugging the holes, etc? I am a complete newb with sump, and when I ordered this tank, I didn't realize that it may already be drilled. I hadn't planned on having a sump. . . .

If you ordered the Sig then it has a hang on the back fuge and does not have holes drilled in the bottom. If you ordered the 39G Pro then it has a 1" hole and a 3/4" hole drilled in the bottom in the area where the overflow (black) box is. This is where the hookup is done for the sump. You can put a bulkhead and cap on it it you want but you will either need to have a stand that is open on the top or drill holes for the plugs. You can make a sump for under $100 or so or you can buy one for about $200. PM me if you are interested in buying one and I can point you to some people here who will custom make you one. Sumps are worth it by the way.

UH

burtbollinger

39 Sig is an all-in-one tank...not drilled as to have a sump...no sump needed....it has the built in fuge and all that stuff already....

Archived