Top Shelf Aquatics

C.A.D. 39 Gallon... Anyone have one yet?!?!

Gvtv44

Thanks Urchinhead. Perhaps I should just breakdown and figure this sump business out. I was looking at one of those All Glass MagnaFlow sumps sometime back. Any opinions on them? I don't want to go the custom route, because I don't really need anything to certain specs, etc. I also know I could simply buy a small tank, etc, etc, but for me, with no experience in sumps, I just want one made for the purpose. Thanks for your help thus far.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some pics of the new 39G Signature with the black stand for made for this tank. Easy setup - took about two hours to assemble and unpack. The only issue I've had so far is a small piece on the skimmer pump is broken. Eddie is sending out the part and I will be good to go. The tank is very well built and truly beautiful. I won't be able to respond to any posts for a week. Heading out to AZ for a golf trip/bender for the long weekend. Here are some pics for everybody who's been chomping at the bit.

post-34481-1202945490_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945495_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945503_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945517_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945522_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945529_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945535_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945542_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945547_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945554_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945561_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945567_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945575_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945581_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945594_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945599_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945607_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945616_thumb.jpg

post-34481-1202945622_thumb.jpg

Thanks Urchinhead. Perhaps I should just breakdown and figure this sump business out. I was looking at one of those All Glass MagnaFlow sumps sometime back. Any opinions on them? I don't want to go the custom route, because I don't really need anything to certain specs, etc. I also know I could simply buy a small tank, etc, etc, but for me, with no experience in sumps, I just want one made for the purpose. Thanks for your help thus far.

Do it yourself. PM me with an email address and I will shoot you my design for mine and you can use it if you like.

UH

Here are some pics of the new 39G Signature with the black stand for made for this tank. Easy setup - took about two hours to assemble and unpack. The only issue I've had so far is a small piece on the skimmer pump is broken. Eddie is sending out the part and I will be good to go. The tank is very well built and truly beautiful. I won't be able to respond to any posts for a week. Heading out to AZ for a golf trip/bender for the long weekend. Here are some pics for everybody who's been chomping at the bit.

What do you think of the lights??

The lights and the tank are the highest quality of all the components. The custom light fixture is extremely sturdy and well designed. I would feel very comfortable about the quality of the light fixture.

The lights and the tank are the highest quality of all the components. The custom light fixture is extremely sturdy and well designed. I would feel very comfortable about the quality of the light fixture.

Cool beans! Thanks! I was going back and forth between the HQI Outerorbit and the CAD looks like it is the CAD. How well does it sit on the tank?

It sits on the tank using adjustable plastic stands that fit into grooves on the underside of the light fixture. You can slide the clear plastic stands further in or further out to get the perfect fit. The only thing that concerns me slightly is the weight of the light fixture. It's not light and those stands are made out of plastic. They've been holding the light just fine now for 24 hours - so it shouldn't be a problem - just don't go resting your upper body on top of the light fixture. It should be noted that a very sturdy dual wire hanging system is included with the light for suspending it from above. I opted for the plastic stands.

It sits on the tank using adjustable plastic stands that fit into grooves on the underside of the light fixture. You can slide the clear plastic stands further in or further out to get the perfect fit. The only thing that concerns me slightly is the weight of the light fixture. It's not light and those stands are made out of plastic. They've been holding the light just fine now for 24 hours - so it shouldn't be a problem - just don't go resting your upper body on top of the light fixture. It should be noted that a very sturdy dual wire hanging system is included with the light for suspending it from above. I opted for the plastic stands.

Again, thank you sir! I will ask Eddie about it today when I call in to confirm he is shipping mine Friday.

UH

Interesting...

I noticed a few things on the lights in the pics..

1) Fan and vent.. On previous models there were vertical vents, these look circular, leading me to believe there might be a fan behind them.

2) 2 pop out covers where more switches might be added..

Interesting...

I noticed a few things on the lights in the pics..

1) Fan and vent.. On previous models there were vertical vents, these look circular, leading me to believe there might be a fan behind them.

2) 2 pop out covers where more switches might be added..

Yep. Supposedly there are 3 switches one for each type of light.

Good to see all was well with your tank bhq100. As for cooling the lights there are vents and only 1 fan. There are 3 power cords, 1 for the MH and 1 for the t5's and 1 for the moonlights.

My tank cover sits nowhere near as flush with the tank as yours and looks smaller.

burtbollinger
Good to see all was well with your tank bhq100. As for cooling the lights there are vents and only 1 fan. There are 3 power cords, 1 for the MH and 1 for the t5's and 1 for the moonlights.

My tank cover sits nowhere near as flush with the tank as yours and looks smaller.

So NanoNamor...you think they just sent out the wrong cover?

BHQ...a few questions if you don't mind

1)Some people said when they got theirs that the skimmer was messed up somehow...did you find that was the case with yours if not did you still tape it down

2)Again this is just here say but some people said there was a problem with the height of the water level..I don't know how to explain it because quite honestly I don't get what their saying but did you have any problems with yours

3) I noticed you got the black stand....does it fit well on it or is it overlapping at all. I wanted to get the cherry stand but the black does look sharp.

Oscar...

Call them and see...

Mine was supposed to ship Monday, so far the only thing that made its way onto the truck was the stand.

I was told the truck was too full to fit the tank.. so it should ship this week, so far nothing is coming up with the tracking number,,

fastandsneaky

I dont know, things keep getting worse and worse. So they shipped out the tank and stand last thurs. I got the stand on tues (delay caused by the weather understandable). Signifcant sized scratches on the cherry stand (dont mind cuz I can stain it but for 210 it should be pristine or close to it). Then I get an email for the surface skimmer mod (I understand its a 1st gen model but to change before anyone has it is a little ridiculous for the price we paid). And today I spent 30 mins with DHL who said they'd call me back which they never did) and called eddie and he said he'd call back but never did. So then, I called DHL back later and found out they aren't exactly sure where it is. Should I be mad at this point or am I just overreacting?

I dont know, things keep getting worse and worse. So they shipped out the tank and stand last thurs. I got the stand on tues (delay caused by the weather understandable). Signifcant sized scratches on the cherry stand (dont mind cuz I can stain it but for 210 it should be pristine or close to it). Then I get an email for the surface skimmer mod (I understand its a 1st gen model but to change before anyone has it is a little ridiculous for the price we paid). And today I spent 30 mins with DHL who said they'd call me back which they never did) and called eddie and he said he'd call back but never did. So then, I called DHL back later and found out they aren't exactly sure where it is. Should I be mad at this point or am I just overreacting?

Were I you I would be pretty mad at DHL and a bit miffed at Eddie. DHL, if they damaged it in transit, should be on the hook for it.

For what it is worth I talked to Eddie yesterday and he is swamped right now trying to get things out the door. He has been top notch in terms of customer service and the like with me so I don't have anything bad to say about him. Mine is supposed to go out tomorrow and I will have to call him to make sure it isn't shipped DHL... To put it in perspective I wanted threaded instead of slip fittings for my tank. He didn't think he could get them by tomorrow for me so he made me a really good deal on the extra fan they sell.

UH

fastandsneaky

Thanx UH. I too believe Eddie is excellent with customer service but using a service like DHL perplexes. This is my first recieving stuff from them so I really dont know but I never have these kinds of problems with UPS or even FedEx. But its ok, its not like not having the tanks going to kill me.

Oscar...

Call them and see...

Mine was supposed to ship Monday, so far the only thing that made its way onto the truck was the stand.

I was told the truck was too full to fit the tank.. so it should ship this week, so far nothing is coming up with the tracking number,,

Eddie sent me a prompt reply this morning that my tank and stand package is schedueld for shipping on Monday. "The aquarium package is fully prepared, we are packing with extra padding and reinforcement for the longer transit"

Presumably this is to protect the unit from the drop kicking it might receive in transit.

Crossing my fingers.

Good news here my 39Sig series arrived about an hour ago. Camera batt's. are charging. Pics coming soon. Not bad transit time. Left the CAD warehouse Wed. night in NY. and made it to NH. today. The boxes they came in are in good shape. Well the tank box looks perfect. The box with the stand is a little beat up. Hopefully when I open it all its all in good shape. Updates coming soon.

Jason

gratz man cant wait to see the pics!!! quik question.... does this version of cadlights come with a heater? or will you have to buy one seperatly (and anything else that needs to be bought seperatly? other then timers/ro-di system, live rock, salt ect) cant wait to see it!

fastandsneaky

Gratz, jay. Well my tank got lost in transit, but I think it was fate. For a little more than what I originally paid for I'm getting the 39 Pro series package. I know that it be better to buy pieces individually but I'm not too experienced and thought I could upgrade later. Plus the extra space sounds great making it a more true 39 gallon tank. Btw, Eddie is really a superb guy and made it super easy for me to switch my order.

Archived