Cultivated Reef

Nanoty's 40 breeder.......

nanoty

I suppose 1500gph really isn't as much as I thought it would be. After adding up my return and powerheads I have running I'm over that. Who thunk it?

I do need to upgrade the return pump and put it on a squid though.

I'm jealous of your mixing station. I don't have any room in my apartment so I have to use a 10ish gallon trash can to mix in and several 6g jugs for storage. I can't wait till the wife is out of school and I can buy a house!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice man! They blocked photobucket at work so I can't see any pictures till I get home now :(

That sucks. I am amazed at how warm the Mag pump runs. The water in the rubbermaid tub is like 84 deg. Granted there isn't much water but still, I think I might run both the CL and the sump pump externally.

I use a mag 5 to mix my sw and I don't need no heater!

I'm looking at upgrading to an eheim for my return since they supposedly run much cooler.

I have an eheim 1260 for my return. It's quiet, cool, and powerful! I love it!

Yeah I think me and shortie are both looking for one. Unless one of these pumps suprises me.

I have water in my tank and its AWESOME!!!!

:lol:

Your on my list <_<

I just bought a new JBJ ATO from Urchinhead should be headed here tomorrow and I also cut my overflow down to fit the tank. Cross your fingers cause I think holes will be drilled tonight :scarry:

Your on my list <_<

I just bought a new JBJ ATO from Urchinhead should be headed here tomorrow and I also cut my overflow down to fit the tank. Cross your fingers cause I think holes will be drilled tonight :scarry:

Make that "Watch your fingers." ;)

I have water in my tank and its AWESOME!!!!

:lol:

lol. that's awesome.

Yeah I think me and shortie are both looking for one. Unless one of these pumps suprises me.

Your on my list <_<

It's about damn time!! Just go slow and let the drill do the work, you will be alright.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO KEEP THE DRILL FROM SKIPPING ACROSS YOUR TANK!!!!

I used a piece of plywood with holes drilled using a hole saw slightly bigger than the glass drill bit.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO KEEP THE DRILL FROM SKIPPING ACROSS YOUR TANK!!!!

I used a piece of plywood with holes drilled using a hole saw slightly bigger than the glass drill bit.

oh yeah.....that too. and keep it wet also.

oh yeah.....that too. and keep it wet also.

That's what she said....

This is the worst thread ever... 11 pages and no water. WOW.

That's what she said....

This is the worst thread ever... 11 pages and no water. WOW.

Thats what I'm talking about... B)

Screw you guys, y'all are the ones pushing it on :lol:

Didn't get the holes drilled tonight, go figure, I have to go to Lake Charles for a class trip tomorrow afternoon (watch out Lalani I might stop by :ninja: ) but I am going to try like hell to get it done tomorrow. I got some hole saws to cut a template out of some wood as a "drill guide" for the glass saw. Keep your fingers crossed cause if I break this mofo it's really going to put me back.

If it goes really well I might go crazy and drill the returns too but as it looks right now I will be running them over the top. Still have to build a sump and get the rest of the plumbing crap.......AHHHHHH!!!

Worry not, my tank was supposed to be where it is at now ( day 2 of cycling the LR) the first damn week of January!!! I think I am a little late...

Hurry man! I want to see some crazy 40 reef action going on at NR.COM!!!

After all, 40br is the new standard for nano B)

Hey quick question to anyone who gives a shizzle. I was thinking about drilling another hole and installing a screen/bulkhead high on the back wall behind the overflow and running the line to the sump just incase the durso ever gets clogged for some reason. Anyone see a problem doing this or is it even neccesary?

Man nanoty, show ME some love! Haha, my tank thread misses ya. I got new FRS :)

Done..................fruck, 12 pages :angry:

Archived