inTank Media Baskets

Nanoty's 40 breeder.......

nanoty

Sweet, I just got confirmation that my durso standpipe, and all 5 pumps are in the mail. Skimmer should be here any day. Yayz

you're going to be a very busy man these next few weeks!!!

I can't get the damn video to load.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you're going to be a very busy man these next few weeks!!!

I can't get the damn video to load.

Ghey, I suck at computer uploading and crap.

My wife just asked when the tank will be up and running and I think we should see water and LR in it by the end of April. This is assuming I don't crack the tank drilling it and set my house on fire out of anger.

My wife just asked when the tank will be up and running and I think we should see water and LR in it by the end of April. This is assuming I don't crack the tank drilling it and set my house on fire out of anger.

Translation: Next year.

Ok ok..... There will be water in it 9 pages from now. :D

I think Nanoty has more important things to worry about in the next coming weeks.

I wonder what the record # of pages is for a tank thread that hasn't been set up? :D

awesome, I just made it hit 10!!

Btw, I gave up on the video, which really sucks because the new camera is awesome. I can get better close up's with it than I can with my regular camera. Bummer.

God damnit Glenn! I was trying to keep it under 10 pages........... :angry::happy:

Maybe I'll start another thread when it is built and running..............nah.

Yeah, my full time college load of Chemistry classes, horrible part time job and uber pregnant wife are minor concerns right now :huh:

I think Nanoty has more important things to worry about in the next coming weeks.

I wonder what the record # of pages is for a tank thread that hasn't been set up? :D

awesome, I just made it hit 10!!

Btw, I gave up on the video, which really sucks because the new camera is awesome. I can get better close up's with it than I can with my regular camera. Bummer.

What kind of camera is it? We are looking at digital harddrive camcorders for when the little mini-me gets here. Sony has a nice one for around $450-500.

Don't buy a camera right now... you're gonna need the money for the tank!

:P

You guys are like the late night crew! All of your posts are from like 10PM to 1AM.

Ok I have the hole saws and just got my skimmer in the mail. I went to the LFS today and he said he would drill the 2 holes I need for $50. I am trying to decide on drilling myself or saving myself the trouble and having it done. I am really worried about breaking it. All I'm waiting on is my pumps and plumbing stuff which should be here Monday or Tuesday and my sump when I decide which size to use. I am leaning towards a 20H or 15L.

do it yourself! I know it seems VERY scary. It was for me. Once you start it really is EASY.

Go for the 20H. The more volume the better!

do it yourself! I know it seems VERY scary. It was for me. Once you start it really is EASY.

Go for the 20H. The more volume the better!

I was looking for a used one but cannot find anything. Petco wants $40 for a freaking 20H.

Getting there, couple more weeks we should have water.................and a baby :P

drilling is really easy, but i also had access to a glass drill so it wasnt sooo bad but even with a hand drill it should be alright

make a ring with something thatll keep water into the area where you want to drill, making a resevoir

then just drill, dont put too much pressure but enough that it goes down

for the resevoir you can use a few things, one being just water but you can also use antifreeze

just make sure you wash the crap out of your tank before putting anything in

BTW I ruined a perfectly good light fixture the other day and retroed it in my hood. This is just temporary to move things along so I can get it set up sooner and then get the dual 150w MHs. I am going to try and get a piece of glass to cover the lights and moving the ballasts behind the tank. It is pretty damn bright with 288ws of PC.

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

God damnit Glenn! I was trying to keep it under 10 pages........... :angry::happy:

Maybe I'll start another thread when it is built and running..............nah.

Yeah, my full time college load of Chemistry classes, horrible part time job and uber pregnant wife are minor concerns right now :huh:

What kind of camera is it? We are looking at digital harddrive camcorders for when the little mini-me gets here. Sony has a nice one for around $450-500.

Mine is a Sony DCR-SR45 it has a 30gb hard drive (I think). I really like it. We got it at bestbuy for right at $500.

Are you gonna keep the pc's in there with the halides? If you do, I would put the pc's behind the halides. Trust me on that one. That way if you have corals that are up more towards the front of the tank the light will hit the side you see and not the back of them. I had to figure out that one the hard way. It only took me about 20 minutes to get the the lights moved around in my canopy though.

Ok, most of the swag is finally here. The only things I am lacking is my bulkheads and locline. My pumps and freebee overflow showed up today so that is one step closer. A huge thanks goes out to Jay-sun for hooking my up with the free overflow that was built for him by thecowkid and the most awesome pump deal ever. Also thanks to bobby for a great deal on my CSS125.

Here is a shot of my new overflow. It is a little tall and needs to be cut down to size, any idea on how to do that? I am thinking about using a jigsaw, I think that should do the trick and the cut doesn't have to be the best looking thing in the world since it will be on the bottom siliconed to the tank.

IMG_4354.jpg

CSS125 with the valve gate mod. This thing is huge, but I still have about 4-5 inches of clearance under the stand.

IMG_4359.jpg

All my new pumps. :D 2x QO6000's, these things are monsters. One almost new Mag 9.5 and a pair of Mag 7's. I'm not sure which I am going to use where but I might use a couple to mix salt and move water (I have two 35g storage tanks next to my RO unit now). I won't tell you how much I paid for all them cause it will piss you off but let me just say Jay-sun REALLY hooked me up.

IMG_4358.jpg

All my shizzle.

IMG_4360.jpg

I need to stop by Lowes tomorrow and pick up a couple of wood hole saws to make a template for the aquarium holes and cut a hole in the stand to run the plumbing through. Perhaps a jigsaw and some blades to cut the acrylic. Just an update, real work should start soon.

you're on your way man. Just a little advice...ditch the bubble catcher thing on the CSS125, it's crap. You might have micro bubbles in your tank for a couple days while the skimmer gets broken in, but after that they should go away.

Yeah the bubble catcher is really just holding it up in the pic.

I bought 50lbs of nice Fiji LR today from a local reefer. A local reefer was tearing down his tank and I snagged it for $2.50/lb ;) When I was leaving he also gave me an almost full bucket of Tropic Marin salt that he didn't need any more.

Of course I am not anywhere near ready but it is set up in a rubbermaid container with the skimmer and one of the Mag 7s running in it.

My bulkheads today but they left my Locline MPT connecters out so they said they would ship them tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow so I will pick up some stuff from Lowes to drill the tank this week. I also need to buy the rest of the plumbing hardware this week and get some water in this biatch.

One of the main problems I have right now is how to stain or seal the stand and canopy. I don't know what to do.

Edit: Here's a pic of the LR set up with the skimmer and Mag 7.

IMG_4362.jpg

Just for giggles, here is the water set up I have right now. The containers are 35g or something like that, the closest one is rigged with a float switch and fills with RO/DI water. I then pump the water into the other tank and mix my saltwater there. I use the Mag 7 to move water and mix the SW, and it moves it plenty fast.

IMG_4366.jpg

I'm not sure if I am going to be able to use these QO6000s or not, they move some serious water. Perhaps for the closed loop I will run it below the tank and use some head pressure to throttle it down a bit. Time will tell if I have to trade down or use the Mags.

Those QO6000 do sound like a lot of flow! I'm probably going to buy a mag7 or 9 to replace the 5 I have as a return right now. Not sure my little tank could handle 1500gph!

Those QO6000 do sound like a lot of flow! I'm probably going to buy a mag7 or 9 to replace the 5 I have as a return right now. Not sure my little tank could handle 1500gph!

Ditto, we'll see how it works cause I might have to trade down. I also have a Mag 9 and 2 Mag 7s if I need to play around with flow.

It really sucks begging your wife for money to spend on your aquarium. I don't have a lot to go on when I should be buying diapers or something.

That's a sweet little set up you have for mixing your water.

Your tank could easily handle 1500gph. After I modded my 6025's I'm running more than double that.

That's a sweet little set up you have for mixing your water.

Your tank could easily handle 1500gph. After I modded my 6025's I'm running more than double that.

Thinking about getting one of the new 1 inch SCWDs for the CL. Who has the best price on them?

Thinking about getting one of the new 1 inch SCWDs for the CL. Who has the best price on them?

I've been eyeing those too. Everywhere I've seen them advertised is selling them for right around $80.

Archived