Pod Your Reef

Nanoty's 40 breeder.......

nanoty

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was scared but honestly I had just got home from work, I was really tired and just wanted it to be done. I just started slow then went at it. I am still giddy over how it turned out.

Yeah I was scared but honestly I had just got home from work, I was really tired and just wanted it to be done. I just started slow then went at it. I am still giddy over how it turned out.

Great job!!! Hand saws are a PITA but well worth it when you get a cut as clean as yours!!

Yes a some type of powersaw like a jigsaw or a circular saw would have been a lot fast but since I was cutting through the trip I decided to have control over speed. If I would have accidentally screwed it up with a powersaw many things would have been broken. :angry:

Well my CSS125 is on the way and I thought I scored a good deal on some pumps from a guy on Reef Central. He listed 2 Mag 9.5s for $65 shipped. After I sent 2 PMs to confirm that the price was for BOTH pumps shipped and recieved confirmations I went through a freaking ordeal trying to get my paypal to work and adding extra cards to it so I could get him his money.

Well when I got home today I found an email from the douche-### that says the price is for 1 pump and if I want both then I need to send another $65. I sent an email back explaining what he can do with his pumps and that I want my frucking money back. I also explained and copied and pasted both my PMs asking if it was for both pumps and his confirmations in the email. I was so fuggin pissed off, I cannot stand stupid people.

Bastard better send my money back tonight or it is really going to hit the fan.

Just thought you would want to know GD pissed I am right now. :rant::rant:omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg:angry::angry::angry:

EDIT: alright I was looking at some pumps at Petsolutions (they're on sale) and I can get the QO4000 for $60 each and the Mag 9.5 for $69 each (may I restate what a douchefag that guy is for wanting $65 a piece for 2 year old pumps)

Any suggestions for which pump is better. I would like to put quality first then quietness but quietness is definately important.

Ugh, I hate people like that. Sorry for the troubles, but 8 pages and still no water????? :P

Yeah, yeah -_-

Anyways, they are now offering to ship both for an extra $25. I think I am just going to tell them to stick it and order new ones.

stoney waters

Excellent job on the canopy, super clean.

Sorry to hear about your pump ordeal, but ya know you need water for those things to work ;)

Hey man I know what you're going through... I've been building / buying/ gathering my tank for over a year now, waiting for parts to come in the mail before I can continue, getting the wrong parts, having to change some ideas and sell equipment for less than you paid for it. It can be super frustrating.

I built my stand myself and started with a crappy craftsman table saw. I spent so much time trying to get it to cut a d**n straight line that it didn't seem worth it. Then I started a hand-tool woodworking class, logged in a couple of hours with some nice Japaneses saws, and now I can put a straighter line on a board with a handsaw/plane than i can with the stupid power saw.

Anyway, your setup looks nice. Can't wait to see it with some H2O.

Just cause everyone is #####ing about it here is a pic with water in the tank....

IMG_4261.jpg

I will suspend any furthur posting until everything is done and my tank is at least a year old :slap:

Yeah, yeah -_-

Anyways, they are now offering to ship both for an extra $25. I think I am just going to tell them to stick it and order new ones.

That sucks dude!! I feel kinda responsible for sending you the link to that guy, sorry man!!

That sucks dude!! I feel kinda responsible for sending you the link to that guy, sorry man!!

Don't feel bad, I had already seen it and was thinking about PMing them. They tried to rectify but offering the other pump for $25 but if they couldn't get it straight in 2 different PMs there is no telling what else they would fruck up so I said no. Now I just need to figure out what to order.

Alright, I know I said I would quit bumping this b!tch until I had something going but I really need some input. I have a skimmer in the mail and hopefully by today some pumps as well. What I need to figure out now is how I want to plumb it. I think I have decided on a 1 inch bulkhead with a durso pipe like Bdare's and a 1 inch bulkhead and strainer for the CL. Most if not all of the plumbing will be a combination of 1 inch (for drains) and 3/4 inch (for returns) soft tubing using a combination of T's and a SCWD (old style until I can get a new 1" one). Where I am stuck is decided whether to drill the returns or run them over the top. I like the looks and stability of drilled returns but a little nervous about drilling that many holes. I also like the simplicity of running the returns over the top but worried that it will not be as stable.

Looks like I am going to have to order plumbing stuff from a few different places to get what I want so finding things shouldn't be a problem.

Give me your pros and cons of both ways and things to consider in both. I need to draw it out but I will probably order the stuff tonight...........no for real this time.

...i have 7 holes and youre getting worried about holes in your tank?!

thats 3 drains and 4 returns, 2 of the drains are 1.5" piping and the rest are 3/4" and everything seems fine

...i have 7 holes and youre getting worried about holes in your tank?!

thats 3 drains and 4 returns, 2 of the drains are 1.5" piping and the rest are 3/4" and everything seems fine

Not worried about that many hole, I am worried about DRILLING that many holes in my tank :huh:

Not worried about that many hole, I am worried about DRILLING that many holes in my tank :huh:

If I decide to go with a CL on my next tank I will likely drill for the drain, and just run the returns over the top of the tank. I really like the idea of having the returns up in each corner of the tank.

Still leaning that way. I ordered a holesaw for 1 inch bulkheads (drains) and one for 3/4 inch bulkheads in case I decide to drill for the returns. I will probably build up something like bdare did and see how I like it, if all else fails I can drill the back out. I saw a tank where the returns were like yours Glenn but one side of the loclink split was much longer and the output was toward the front of the tank in kinda the same area as bdares returns.

Still leaning that way. I ordered a holesaw for 1 inch bulkheads (drains) and one for 3/4 inch bulkheads in case I decide to drill for the returns. I will probably build up something like bdare did and see how I like it, if all else fails I can drill the back out. I saw a tank where the returns were like yours Glenn but one side of the loclink split was much longer and the output was toward the front of the tank in kinda the same area as bdares returns.

yeah that would work too. I'm uploading a new video of my tank that I shot with my new camera right now. Check my thread in a little while, hopefully I will have it posted.

yeah that would work too. I'm uploading a new video of my tank that I shot with my new camera right now. Check my thread in a little while, hopefully I will have it posted.

Sweet, I just got confirmation that my durso standpipe, and all 5 pumps are in the mail. Skimmer should be here any day. Yayz

Archived