Cultivated Reef

Nanoty's 40 breeder.......

nanoty

:mellow: Sorry for your loss :mellow:

"On another note, if your thinking about getting an Octopus Recirculating skimmer........don't hesitate"

What model Octopus Recirculating skimmer? What model would you recommend for a 75 gallon?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey bro, the tank is lookin good! I really like the new scape! What octopus skimmer is that? I've been thinkin about getting one.

Sorry, I didn't even see this thread got bumped. I am using this skimmer http://www.aquacave.com/reef-octopus-dnw-1...kimmer-983.html I was going to buy the next larger size but I found this one used for a good deal so I got it. Thanks for the props, I need to clean the tank.

Sorry about the tang nanoty. It truely was a beatiful fish. So off to another tank? What's the plan for the 90 gallon? Is the 40 gallon going to remain setup?

40 is kind of up in the air. I have a 90g thread here somewhere, check it out. It's already set up and running.

Sucks about the tang, but hope that 90 comes out nicely for you. I'll be on the look out for the new thread.

Thanks, new tang to come to the 90g.

:mellow: Sorry for your loss :mellow:

"On another note, if your thinking about getting an Octopus Recirculating skimmer........don't hesitate"

What model Octopus Recirculating skimmer? What model would you recommend for a 75 gallon?

Thanks, I would recommend this skimmer, or possibly the next larger one for a 75g,

Took a few pics today. 40 breeder may be on the chopping block if taking care of 2 tanks becomes too much.

Here is a pic of some zoas when I got them at the end of January. They've been moved so its harder to get a pic.

IMG_7404.jpg

And here they are today.

IMG_8217.jpg

On the other hand, the palys I bought are doing worst. Here is January.

IMG_7403.jpg

And today.

IMG_8218.jpg

Not sure what is going on. I've dipped them, tried different tanks and nothing seems to help. They just dont open anymore. If anyone wants them, just pay shipping and I'll let you try them in your tank.

Other pics.

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

IMG_8214.jpg

I've been moving some corals to the 90g and the wife's pico so its starting to go backwards.

The tank still looks good! If you end up moving everything to the 90 let me know if you wanna sell the skimmer! I've been looking at those for a while, just hadn't seen anyone that has actually used one.

Im pretty sold on it, now I just need some money!

Keep up the good work!

The tank still looks good! If you end up moving everything to the 90 let me know if you wanna sell the skimmer! I've been looking at those for a while, just hadn't seen anyone that has actually used one.

Im pretty sold on it, now I just need some money!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I bought the skimmer used for $130 and it came with a mag7 feed pump. Unfortunately the doofus shipped it wrapped in about 1.5 sheet of newspaper and it came in 3 or pieces. After some handy repair work I was able to make it usable again but if I take the 40 down I'll be moving the skimmer over to the 90g.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would post up that the 40 breeder is all but dead. I moved all the livestock except the 4 turbos and a few smallish frags that are stuck to larger LR pieces I have no room for in the 90g. I've actually had the tank for sale locally for a while with a few bites but no takers. I can't figure out what to do with it. I hate to see it go but I don't know if I want to take care of 2 tanks at the same time, the damn 90g takes up a lot of time by itself. It's just sitting there circulating water and keeping LR alive.

What do you think I should do NR. Sell it and dump the money in the 90g? Frag tank? Softie tank? Predator tank? Speak up.........

• 3 weeks later...
AdriftQuasar

Definitely frag tank. I would love to buy from you. Then again, a dwarf fuzzy lion would be awesome.

• 1 month later...
sell me the tank alone.

Sorry, tank has actually been sold for about a month. Pending pickup this weekend. I will be sad to see it go but I need to buy some digs for my 90g.

• 5 months later...

Archived