inTank Media Baskets

Nanoty's 40 breeder.......

nanoty

You're coming along great! Just keep working at it! Kid looks great, but I'm sorry to hear about the sleepless nights. :)

I can't wait to see water in this thing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has school killed you?

How's the little one and mamma doing?

What's going on with the tank?

I NEED AN UPDATE!!

omgomgomg

glennr1978
Has school killed you?

How's the little one and mamma doing?

What's going on with the tank?

I NEED AN UPDATE!!

omgomgomg

+1. Yeah man, you're slackin'.

P.S. Someone buy nanoty's SCWD!!!! Hth :P .

Someone did.

Yes, school has killed me...........mentally.........I am in my first summer semester right now and it is going very fast and is taking a ton of my time.

The stand an canopy should finally get stained this week if I have a few minutes and I am trying to figure out what I want to do. The closed loop is getting axed for now and I need to figure out what I am going to do. I am thinking about buying a cheap wavemaker to run a couple of modded MJs for the time being.

Any suggestions?

Still lacking:

Sump and baffles

MH lights (will come later)

Heater (no biggie)

Sand

Paint the back

Whatever I decide to use for powerheads

Mom and baby are doing great. Boy is putting on weight like crazy and has come close to doubling his homecoming weight and was 8 weeks old yesterday.

IMG_4875.jpg

Great pic!

I hated school soooo much. All the pain was very worth it in the end though.

It's good to see you still have a pulse!

Cute kid buddy!! I found out yesterday that I have another one on the way!!!

AHHHH SNAP!!!! Congrats Brotha!

Way to go man, is that what your saving your avatar for????

I think I will wait a little before I knock mine up again. ;)

SeeDemTails

Awww so cute nanoty!

WOW!!!!!! :o

glennr1978
Way to go man, is that what your saving your avatar for????

I think I will wait a little before I knock mine up again. ;)

Crap, I forgot that I have no avatar!! I tried to change it to another pic the other day, but the pic was to big or something. I guess I should work on that.....

Crap, I forgot that I have no avatar!! I tried to change it to another pic the other day, but the pic was to big or something. I guess I should work on that.....

Trying to get rid of a few things so I can afford to finish this tank. I need to sell two of my FW tanks and find some powerheads and a wavemaker. Anyone ever have glass cut at Lowes? Seems cheap enough, need to build my sump still.

Trying to get rid of a few things so I can afford to finish this tank. I need to sell two of my FW tanks and find some powerheads and a wavemaker. Anyone ever have glass cut at Lowes? Seems cheap enough, need to build my sump still.

I can't answer your question, but are you talking about drilling holes (I can't remember if you already had them drilled, I think you did)?

I can't answer your question, but are you talking about drilling holes (I can't remember if you already had them drilled, I think you did)?

No I need some glass baffles for my sump. I am thinking about getting them from Lowes since their stuff is cheap and I am out of money.

I had Lowes cut the plexiglass i bought from them and it came out fine. Don't know about glass though.

glennr1978

Lowes has 1/4" (I think) acrylic sheets that are about 18" x 24" (I think) for about $13. Just get the little acrylic cutting tool (about $3) and cut it yourself. It's really easy. I just scored the hell out of the acrylic then clamped it down on a table and with one good push it will just snap perfectly clean. Here's a little tip though.....clamp the acrylic down with a couple of c clamps to hold it firm to the table. I've noticed that when you do this it snaps perfectly every time.

Oh yeah and who ever says that that silicone doesn't bond well to acrylic is lying. I had to rip my acrylic walls and baffles out of my stand / sump for my 30g yesterday (gonna try one more time to get it sealed up!!) and it was a b!tch to tear em out of there, and that was after I cut the silicone with a razor knife. In fact, it was bonded so well that I actually snapped one of the walls :( . Which reminds me, I need to go to Lowes tomorrow and get another sheet of that stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
I expected pics of a stained stand and canopy!!!!

OMG I can't believe you bumped this. It came out very..........reddish.......I was so tired of dicking around with samples and crap, we went to HD and I said, "pick a GD stain!" then came home and did it, lol. I don't care, I'm not sanding it down and redoing it.

2 tunze 6025's on the way, 20H sump has been purchased and yes stand/canopy is stained. Things are moving at my usual snails pace.

I expected pics of a stained stand and canopy!!!!

As you wish.

IMG_5155.jpg

Crappy pic and dirty tank.

glennr1978

It looks like you had a pro do it, good job!! It's about damn time ;) . I have a feeling that this tank will be up and cycling pretty damn soon.

Any luck finding lights yet?

It looks like you had a pro do it, good job!! It's about damn time ;) . I have a feeling that this tank will be up and cycling pretty damn soon.

Any luck finding lights yet?

That's a big negative, some decent deals on hellolights that I might look into. I can't afford both 150w at the same time so I think I'll have to buy one then add the other later.

Maybe this

Or this

glennr1978

That kit from aquacave looks pretty sweet. I would hold out for that one if you can. You could start saving now, and with the extra work you'll be doing maybe be able to get it sooner than you think??? Just an idea....

Archived