inTank Media Baskets

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails

Make sure you get an orchid or a indigo. Not all dottybacks are equal, neons can be down right mean.

Mine is even doing great with the peppermint shrimp, I will give him real props after the next molt though, as they like to eat them while they are soft.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the directions and link. I was googling your store right when u posted..lol I haven't been to daytona for aquarium shopping in a while but isn't that just up the street from Psoiden aquarium? Either way I want to stop by your store. Always fun visitng a new aquarium shop for the 1st time. =)

SeeDemTails
Hey SDT, my mandy is finally eating prepared foods!! omgomgomg

She's pigging out on a mixture of actipods and Rod's Food right now. :D

Awesome Lani I knew you could do it!

SeeDemTails

We try our best. Its hard to be ethical and successful at the same time, but we attract the customers we want.

I have a question for you. How did you get your Monti cap to have multiple shelves? Do you glue each one underneath each other?

I just got my first Small piece and it's growing right now. I would love it to look like something similar to yours down the road.

Dex

Congrats on your tank being selected for April. It really looks good and shows how much time and effort you put into this hobby.

Bruce

SeeDemTails

Thank you guys so much. I feel bad going a couple pages without pics. I got an awesome new birdsnest yesterday, I think its a ponape, but I need time to be certain.

I will have some cool new pics tomorrow!

SeeDemTails
Send frags.

Ok I will send you frags. Seriously. PM me. But only SPS HAHA!!!! :lol::P

Let me add my congratulations as well! You have an amazing tank!

Thank a bunch Sue!!!!!

SeeDemTails

Yes yes, I know, I will pull the camera out tomorrow for a little session, placed a couple things since the TOTM shots were taken as well.

SeeDemTails

Got some true RPE's yesterday, that are sick from bad water big time, but I am sure I can save them, or I wouldnt tell you all about them lol.

Pics tonight!

• 3 weeks later...
SeeDemTails
Sailfin Tang in a 37g nice job moron!!

Sailfin is no longer in this tank, unfortunately. He is now the sole resident of a 180g reef. I was gonna move him last month but I wanted to include him in my TOTM profile because he has been a huge part of my tank for years. Catching him was fun!

Thanks for sharing this now though, you could have dropped by anytime in the past couple years like when the fish was still in the tank.

And let me say this, I think there is nothing wrong with raising a tang or other large fish in a 40 or so gallon tank, as long as you actually have the resources to provide it a forever home once it grows, which I do, you have no idea. That tang is one of the healthiest, tamest, and most docile sailfins I have ever seen.

My opinion goes like this, keeping anything in your tank is cruel. These animals belong in the wild, they are not domesticated and have extremely special needs versus most pets. This is a cruel hobby. The best we can do for any fish we shove into our tiny tanks is keep them healthy, even big tanks are tiny compared to the distance most fish cover in 10 seconds. Healthy = happy in this hobby, and my fish are amongst the healthiest you will come across.

Now your really gonna like this, I have my eyes on a baby copperband that is the size of a quarter that I have been giving a little TLC to for a little while and is doing really well at the shop. He may be the new resident of this tank until he is large enough to go into one of our displays at the shop, perhaps with my tang.

Archived