Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what!?! How big is it? Looks like a 75 to me but not with the double overflows unless that was custom. Plus it's a bit too long.

• 4 weeks later...
My mg always stays about 1300, usually higher than that.

Lookie what I got! :o

DSC01980.JPG

DSC019791.JPG

Nice! The fish options are going to open up!!!

That looks like my 110 but a foot longer? 6ft by 1.5 feet by 2 feet? The only thing I don't like about the 110 is the width. I would love to have another 6 inches of real estate fron to back! Keep that in mind when you aquascape.

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

• 4 weeks later...
redkneecoral

your tanks looks great, great colrs and everything looking alive and well. great job.

and congrats on your new 125 gal tank and the stand looks great.

Wish i would come across a tank like that. Looking forward opn seeing what you'll do with it

• 3 months later...
Captain Billy

Update:

The tank is still running and doing well and is under my maintenance. It has undergone some major changes as it was simply over grown with SPS corals killing each other and making the glass impossible to clean.

The only fish in the tank are the black occelaris clowns, which will be moved to the 125 very soon. I will take some pictures sometime there isnt as much in the tank anymore all the caps are gone, but the acros are still in there as well as the monster red table acro.

-Capt. B

Glad to hear the 37g is still going :)

Post some pix of the 125g when you have it up and running Capt B...I am intesested in what others do with the same tank I have... :D

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to stop by and give you some much deserved credit, and a big thank you!

I've recently moved from my 14g Biocube to take over my brother's Oceanic 58. The tank was running for 2 years when I got it, and added the sand from my 4+ year old BioCube to the sump.

Get to the point! Well, I got a beautiful Green Mandarin Dragonette at my LFS and using your technique, after a week of having it in my care it is now taking Spirulina/Brine/Mysis mix from a clear airline tube affixed to an eyedropper. I started with hatching live brine and worked my way up from there. The biggest challenge was getting her to stop being afraid of the clear tubing...lol

Anyway, I know a few weeks is hardly a success, but clearly your method works, and I feel the training to eat prepared foods in combination with an established tank should give me a great chance at success. My Mandarin is eating frozen food, which it would not do when I first brought it home.

So, Thanks!

Mandarin1.jpg

I just wanted to stop by and give you some much deserved credit, and a big thank you!

I've recently moved from my 14g Biocube to take over my brother's Oceanic 58. The tank was running for 2 years when I got it, and added the sand from my 4+ year old BioCube to the sump.

Get to the point! Well, I got a beautiful Green Mandarin Dragonette at my LFS and using your technique, after a week of having it in my care it is now taking Spirulina/Brine/Mysis mix from a clear airline tube affixed to an eyedropper. I started with hatching live brine and worked my way up from there. The biggest challenge was getting her to stop being afraid of the clear tubing...lol

Anyway, I know a few weeks is hardly a success, but clearly your method works, and I feel the training to eat prepared foods in combination with an established tank should give me a great chance at success. My Mandarin is eating frozen food, which it would not do when I first brought it home.

So, Thanks!

Mandarin1.jpg

+2 to that. I've had my Mandarin over 6 months now using the same technique! Now mine takes pellets. If only she were around to aknowledge our thanks!

+2 to that. I've had my Mandarin over 6 months now using the same technique! Now mine takes pellets. If only she were around to aknowledge our thanks!

Don't worry, her ego is quite big enough as is (or at least it was).

I chuckled out loud :unsure:

I was hoping Capt B would keep updating the thread cause the tank is the shiz.

• 2 weeks later...
Captain Billy

Well the tank is now fishless, and the Acroporas will soon be in the new 125g tank that is now running.

The tank will be going in a new direction. I will no longer be running the 150w MH's, the tank will soon be lit with four 24" VHO's and will grow soft corals like rare xenias, anthelia, clove polyps, and some other corals like nepthias and rare leathers. Pretty much all soft corals except a couple LPS like frogspawns.

The tank is going to be broken down and drilled, a corner over flow is going to be added and a sump set up on this system. The tank will still be 5ft tall so the return pump will have to be quite powerful. The tank should still look really good though.

Archived