Pod Your Reef

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails
How about picks of your home tank again, SDT?

It has been a while, hasn't it? Ok, so I just took the camera out for a few minutes, dont mind the glare its hard to photograph this tank in the middle of the day, but they aren't too bad.

Carribean Blues

DSC019231.JPG

Psammacora

DSC01927.JPG

Emeralds on fire I think.

DSC01924.JPG

Purple Plate

DSC019281.JPG

Nukes and Fire and Ice's

DSC01929.JPG

Candy Apple Pinks

DSC019321.JPG

Purple Deaths, the one polyp in the middle has three heads on one stalk

DSC01931.JPG

Hawkins Echinata

DSC019341.JPG

Neon Greens and Blue Anthelia

DSC019331.JPG

Some type of Tort

DSC019361.JPG

Pinnk Birdsnest

DSC019371.JPG

Greenbay Packers

DSC019391.JPG

Blue Torch

DSC01942.JPG

Scripps

DSC019411.JPG

Pink Stylophora

DSC019432.JPG

The queen on her throne

DSC019441.JPG

Red Table

DSC019451.JPG

Blue Slimer

DSC019472.JPG

Roab Digitata

DSC019521.JPG

Another Tort, growing fast

DSC019502.JPG

My going on 5 year old pair or Black Occelaris'

DSC019541.JPG

DSC019581.JPG

DSC019631.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails
I know folks on here like to bash you for whatever reason, but you have some NICE stuff, regardless.

Thanks! You should see all the other stuff I have at the shop!

I am out of room in this tank. There is literally no where else to place a single coral. I almost have my 60 hex ready, I need it bad!

ihatesears18
Thanks! You should see all the other stuff I have at the shop!

I am out of room in this tank. There is literally no where else to place a single coral. I almost have my 60 hex ready, I need it bad!

What's the name of the shop? I make it down to Daytona about once a year.

SeeDemTails

Thanks Weetie! That big giant purple thing on the frag rack on the zoanthid side is your cap! Also as you can see your Nukes and aussie delicate/scripps are all doing very well.

Amazing Aquariums.

Random question:

How far from Lake Mary, FL, is your shop?

My GF's family is from there, and we go to FL to visit them a few times a year. Maybe next time we could stop by the shop, if it isn't too far of a drive.

Your tank looks very very nice. The sad part about having a mature tank is the fact that you really can't squeeze anything more in. I was in a similar place with my 20L, which is why I built my 40BR.

SeeDemTails
How far from Lake Mary, FL, is your shop?

About an hour.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!!

Thanks Weetie! That big giant purple thing on the frag rack on the zoanthid side is your cap! Also as you can see your Nukes and aussie delicate/scripps are all doing very well.

OH MY GOSH!!! :o

I hope someday my tank will get to the point where I can put it in there.

Wow.

SeeDemTails
OH MY GOSH!!! :o

Yeah its pretty big, and in the mean time, it will only get bigger! :naughtydance:

Thanks podpimp!

Love the new pics, Christel! Your nuks and deaths still amaze me in their vibrant color!! If you haven't seen yet, my 30g Finnex is all set back up and with 150w MH now. Go big or go home, right?? lol! Keep up the good work!! B)

Deleted User 6

SDT - how do you like the tank at eye level in the room? Pros/Cons? I'm building a new stand for my setup and the main display will most likely be up around eye level.

Nick's Reef

SDT did you get my pm regarding getting a few frags? Just looking for a list of what you can cut for now, mmaybe next week I'll make the order. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christel, sorry for posting this on your tank thread, your inbox was full. You can delete this if you want, I just wanted to give you an update. I'm feeding my Mandarin with the syringe/tube like you suggested. She readily takes Hikari frozen brine (gutloaded before frozen the manufactere says). Yesterday I soaked Rod's food, some brine, and mysis. I'm pretty darn sure she took two pieces of mysis, and the Rod's food is so tiny I'm sure she got a little motuhful of this. After she eats about 4-5 shrimp she's done. I do this 2 times a day. Is she eating enough? How long till her belly starts to fill up. I also ordered Rotifers and Phyto from Dr G's Aquaculture, to assist my pods and the rotifers should help benefit the mandarin. I have a 10 gallon fuge for my tank so they can breed and populate.. She is active and perks right up when she sees the feeding tube. There's also pods in my tank.. I can see them all over the glass and shes hunting for em. How am I doin?

thats a nice tank. do you have a hard time reaching to the bottom!?!?! LOL! it looks DEEP.

I have to stand on a bar stool lol!

SDT - how do you like the tank at eye level in the room? Pros/Cons? I'm building a new stand for my setup and the main display will most likely be up around eye level.

I love having the tank at eye level, its makes it much more attractive!

I also ordered Rotifers and Phyto from Dr G's Aquaculture, to assist my pods and the rotifers should help benefit the mandarin.

Dr. G's is good stuff, thats all we use in the shop. Get some of the pods, they are even better than the rotifers!

PM box is cleared out for anyone who was asking.

What is your water change/dosing schedule on your 37g?

I know you probably covered this somewhere in this 55 page thread but I figured it would be easier to ask :)

I change 5 gallons of my water once a week with my own RO/DI thats always o tds, and I use tropic marin salt. I dose 25ml twice daily of B-ionic, and one 25ml dose of b-ionic magnesium once every two weeks.

I change 5 gallons of my water once a week with my own RO/DI thats always o tds, and I use tropic marin salt. I dose 25ml twice daily of B-ionic, and one 25ml dose of b-ionic magnesium once every two weeks.

What are your MG levels? I dose 30ml of alk, cal, and MG daily and my MG levels are only around 1200

Archived