SaltCritters.com

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

Everyday I dose b-ionic twice, two 20 ml doses. I top off twice daily and clean the skimmer daily. I feed the fish in the morning and again at night and feed the mandarin at night. I also clean the glass.

Weekly I clean the pump screens, rinse the bag of carbon and do a 5g water change.

Monthly I clean the creep, clean the MH uv shields, and clean the pump impellers, and scrape coralline.

Something like that anyway.

Can you post shots of the full front and rear view?

hahaah. Sorry, had to lol.

Awesome tank, and love reading your posts about mandarin that I have stumbled across. :)

AWESOME pic of the orchid, I could never get one so nice, not even when I had an Indigo... :( I concur about the Orchids, definitely the best of the dottybacks! Man I want another Indigo... :tears:

Everyday I dose b-ionic twice, two 20 ml doses. I top off twice daily and clean the skimmer daily. I feed the fish in the morning and again at night and feed the mandarin at night. I also clean the glass.

Weekly I clean the pump screens, rinse the bag of carbon and do a 5g water change.

Monthly I clean the creep, clean the MH uv shields, and clean the pump impellers, and scrape coralline.

Something like that anyway.

Yikes. That's intense. I'm a neglectful reefkeeper I think.

Although, from the sounds of it, you feed a little more than I do, so maybe I don't need to clean as much.... or at least thats how I'm going to justify it.

SeeDemTails

Its kinda like if you had a first job at a resturaunt, and you were a dishwasher. You get home to a couple dishes in the sink and think that is nothing copared to what I did earlier. I feel the same way, I clean huge tanks all day long, so coming home to a few more minutes on mine is nothing.

Dont worry you can get away with less, I am just OCD. Seriously I turn around half way down the street to double check the garage door didnt come back up.

Page 50! :happydance:

SDT knows her stuff and it shows in her reef. I'll be happy if I can get mine half of where her's is at.

Keep it up

Got a decent picture of the Orhid Dottyback. Awesome little fish, by far the best of the dottybacks.

DSC01696.JPG

Another picture of my z's n p's.

DSC01699.JPG

Love the picture of your dottyback. You always have the best pictures. I am so glad that you backed them up. Servers can be so frustrating!

Amazing tank! I'm curious did you buy those zoa/pally covered rocks like that or have they just filled in that way in your tank? Either way it looks incredible.

Its kinda like if you had a first job at a resturaunt, and you were a dishwasher. You get home to a couple dishes in the sink and think that is nothing copared to what I did earlier. I feel the same way, I clean huge tanks all day long, so coming home to a few more minutes on mine is nothing.

Dont worry you can get away with less, I am just OCD. Seriously I turn around half way down the street to double check the garage door didnt come back up.

Page 50! :happydance:

I'm not nearly as OCD, but I'll do that with the garage door, lol! I totally get what you're saying though. When you come home, you're glad your tank is like the ones you're around all day. Plus you actually know how to keep it clean in the first place. ;)

SeeDemTails
Amazing tank! I'm curious did you buy those zoa/pally covered rocks like that or have they just filled in that way in your tank? Either way it looks incredible.

You cant buy rocks like that, atleast covered in those types of zoas! :P

Everything in my tank started as a frag. I have never bought a colony.

You cant buy rocks like that, atleast covered in those types of zoas! :P

Everything in my tank started as a frag. I have never bought a colony.

Wow! All the more impressive then. Now I have to read your whole thread to discover your secret.

SeeDemTails

More SPS pics to come for Kenny, I might even show my Setosa, even though it is tiny compared to his monster!

Nice kitty Jason!

Nice kitty Jason!

Thanks! He's my 20lb baby. :happy: He's huge and you can kinda get any idea of the size when you look at him compared to my 5.5.

SeeDemTails

I got a 16lb tabby named Sasamass. Whats with us cat owners always bragging about how big our cats are lol?

The cat pwns the doberman.

Those are some of the corals your have at your store? Whoa gotta take a trip from orlando to see what this store has. Never been there. When is the best day to come? With most livestock and such???

SeeDemTails

We dont get shipments for the most part, we grow out coral, so any day is a good day. Please come check us out at Amazing Aquariums in South Daytona.

We will hopefully be sponsors soon and be able to offer deals to N-R.com

SeeDemTails

The dottyback is great, zero aggression towards any of the fish. I should have put him in there a long time ago.

Cool, that's right i forgot your said that you mainly farm most corals ansd shipments are limited. Amazing aquariums? ok I'll have to google it for directions and time.

Thats awesome Im definitely going to look for one if I ever get that 40B set up lol. Thank you and great looking tank.

Archived