Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

I've already mentioned it to her, I'm pretty sure she won't. :(

She sounded like she was in a big hurry.

Also, she's not going straight home from there.

She'll be stopping in Lecanto (by Crystal River, just a lil south of Tampa) for a few days before heading home.

Honestly, my tank probably isn't ready for it yet.

I think it will be once I get everything switched over to the new setup, which I am seriously working on right now, but I've been having problems with the 20L setup lately.

Stop by my thread, you'll see.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is still looking great. I recently started my own thread due some amazing inspiration on here (yours included). It isnt much yet but ive got some high hopes after lookin at your pics.

• 2 weeks later...
SeeDemTails

Not much new going on with my tank, everything is healthy, but its dirty and I need to clean it....

So I thought I would share some pics of my other tanks!

DSC01825_1.jpg

10 year old 120g acrylic

DSC01828_1.jpg

Who can? Acan!

DSC01830.jpg

10 year old maze brain

DSC01831_2.jpg

Yep, thats right, RPE NFS.

DSC01832_3.jpg

Never saw these before, I cant wait for my frag.

DSC01833_3.jpg

180, my tang is in there somewhere.

DSC01834_3.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

SeeDemTails
what's up with the new gallery picture? looks very cool

I forgot to add that here, the gallery started giving me crap about file size so I uploaded the rest elsewhere.

This is a clients 180g tank that he had bad luck with in his attempt, and now wants us to redo it, thats my boss telling him how we are going to do it. Its a awesome tank and has a ton of potential.

We are going to add a G4 skimmer, and two 250 MH fixtures hanging from the arch above, about 200 lbs of FL aquaculture rock and a bunch of SPS corals. The client is super cool, this is going to be a great tank!

DSC018241.JPG

SeeDemTails

Thanks all I work as hard on the store tanks as I do my own!

That clients tank is gonna be great, there is no doubt about it. I will post more pics when its done.

• 4 weeks later...
SeeDemTails

Snapped a couple shots of my shop tank today.

28 gallon eco mini with 150w 14k Current Halide

DSC01905.JPG

Purple Haze

DSC01907.JPG

No idea what type of zoas these are, they came in on some tonga rock 8 years ago.

DSC01908.JPG

Tyree War Coral, count the heads on this piece and do the math.

DSC019121.JPG

10 year old Brain

DSC019111.JPG

Reverse Pokerstar

DSC01913.JPG

From another tank, cantelope size colony of blasto's

DSC019151.JPG

SeeDemTails

No problem weetie everythings ready when you are!

Check out this RBTA, its bigger than a basket ball, probably 18" across.

DSC019161.JPG

gulfsurfer101

I want a buch of frags too! I want me some tyree war coral with a hit of that purple haze. I was going to pick up a frag of some p-haze today but the guy who owns the shop wants to grow his out there before he frags and his shop isn't even open to the public so I will have to wait in line for that one. Your lucky to make a lving with this type of hobby. A very rich person told me once that you find some you love to do and you'll never have to work again.

SeeDemTails

It doesnt pay crap, unfortunatley, although I have all the coral I could ever want. Its just a fun job, you have to be doing something else for a living.

SeeDemTails
Hey there, how long has your shop tank been up and running? Looks spotless.

About two weeks lol. Already getting calcification, the Purple Haze has grown like a 1/4", and a few spots here and there of coralline. Also, forgot to mention this tank is running on local SEAWATER!

About two weeks lol. Already getting calcification, the Purple Haze has grown like a 1/4", and a few spots here and there of coralline. Also, forgot to mention this tank is running on local SEAWATER!

Can't beat NSW, especially if it's local. Do you collect the water directly offshore or from a boat? That purple haze looks intense. Is that a hard-to-find piece? I WANT ONE.

SeeDemTails
Can't beat NSW, especially if it's local. Do you collect the water directly offshore or from a boat? That purple haze looks intense. Is that a hard-to-find piece? I WANT ONE.

Yep, we actually collect right at the beach, from about 4 feet deep. We have a beater van with two 100g containers in it, and we use a bilge pump to fill them. We use it in out tanks and sell it for $1.00 a gallon.

The haze is a very hard to find coral. This piece has lineage from Tyree, so does the war coral. We got ths haze from a good customer of ours. The good news that it is growing fast, so I might have some in my home tank soon, maybe the 60g hex, I finally have all the parts, its almost done!

The haze is a very hard to find coral. This piece has lineage from Tyree,

Then that's the exact piece I want in my tank. Or perhaps a piece of that piece? Let's work it out ;)

SeeDemTails
Then that's the exact piece I want in my tank. Or perhaps a piece of that piece? Let's work it out ;)

Hey! Get in line buddy! :P

Paleoreef103
Hey! Get in line buddy! :P

Probably won't have to wait too long. The purple haze (unsure on lineage) I have at my university encrusts like crazy! Faster than any other danae I've seen at least. It took about a month to firmly encrust over the frag and onto the rock and now has spread out almost an inch in all directions and it's about 15" from a 150 halide. How about picks of your home tank again, SDT?

Archived