Top Shelf Aquatics

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

:mellow:

go to your LFS! i had fun over there... then again my version of "fun" isnt what the usual 15 yr olds is. ;)

fun=chatting on forums,watching my tank, listening to; U2, Coldplay, Classical, Christmas music, going to the LFS, playing vid games

(mind you most of the people i know were at the football game. ;) )

Hahaha....your a dork. lol

What's with all the shenanigans up in here? :angry:

Nate is right, I won't be fragging that monti any time soon. :P

Oh ####.........thats funny. Fabs Asian??

I can be if I want to be. I'm actually Spanish-Filipino even though a lot of people think I'm Mexican. In fact I was born in the Philippines and lived there for ten years. :)

I can be if I want to be. I'm actually Spanish-Filipino even though a lot of people think I'm Mexican. In fact I was born in the Philippines and lived there for ten years. :)

Oh.... my co worker is Guamanian, his wife is Filipino. I eat like crazy at work! lol.....he is always bringing leftovers in. Lumpia, and lots of fried rice, ect.... Mmmm, I'm hungry! lol

OMG!!!!! YOUR FILIPINO?!?!?!?!?

AND YOU LIVED THERE?!?!?!

dude. your whole life is made up of AWESOMENESS. ;)

where dija come from? my moms from Ilocos. :D

Oh.... my co worker is Guamanian, his wife is Filipino. I eat like crazy at work! lol.....he is always bringing leftovers in. Lumpia, and lots of fried rice, ect.... Mmmm, I'm hungry! lol

Filipino food is awesome. :happy:

OMG!!!!! YOUR FILIPINO?!?!?!?!?

AND YOU LIVED THERE?!?!?!

dude. your whole life is made up of AWESOMENESS. ;)

where dija come from? my moms from Ilocos. :D

Lol thanks! I was born in Cebu but I grew up in Mindanao, that's where my dad did his work. Needless to say I had a pretty interesting childhood.

so i suppose you speak tagalog... yes?

Cebu's awesome... and I'm hoping to go there next year (for he first time...lol)

and lastly I'm sure u had a verryyy interesting childhood. :P

I understand Tagalog perfectly well but I'm not very good at speaking it. However I am very fluent in Cebuano which is the language spoken in Cebu and the southern region of the Philippines. It never ceases to amaze people when I carry on a conversation in perfect Cebuano. :lol:

And yes, Cebu is awesome. I don't know if you've been there before but there are a lot of historical places to see and fun things to do. Not to mention some of the best reefs in the country. ;)

I understand Tagalog perfectly well but I'm not very good at speaking it. However I am very fluent in Cebuano which is the language spoken in Cebu and the southern region of the Philippines. It never ceases to amaze people when I carry on a conversation in perfect Cebuano. :lol:

dangg. you lucky. i can understand too (my parents and grand parents usually talk in Tagalog or Ilocano so thats what i grew up hearing and now i understand it) but i can barely hold a conversation with it. but Cebuano...DANG. :D

Tagalog and Cebuano have some similarities but are completely different from one another. The best thing I can compare it to is the difference between Spanish and Italian.

Tagalog and Cebuano have some similarities but are completely different from one another. The best thing I can compare it to is the difference between Spanish and Italian.

oh really? that cool :D

does Hi still translate to Kumusta? or no?

That's ultimately what I want to do, but I want to make sure the RSM is good and stable before I do that.

oh really? that cool :D

does Hi still translate to Kumusta? or no?

Yep, and "salamat" also means thank you although "gracia" is also used in some parts. One of the big differences between the two is that Cebuano doesn't use "po" or "opo" like in Tagalog.

That's ultimately what I want to do, but I want to make sure the RSM is good and stable before I do that.

Yep, and "salamat" also means thank you. One of the big differences between the two is that Cebuano doesn't use "po" or "opo" like in Tagalog.

oh really? what do they use instead of that then?

They don't have an equivalent for it at all, in the same way that there's no equivalent for it in English. In Tagalog "po" and "opo" are honorific terms that's used to make sentences more polite. Cebuano doesn't have any use for this which is why they often appear rude to Tagalog speakers. Instead Cebuano employs specific adverbs to request for things politely, like "palihug" which means please. Interestingly Tagalog doesn't really have a word for "please" as they rely heavily on "po" and "opo."

That's awesome. I remember running into this white guy from Provo, Utah who spoke impeccable Cebuano. Turned out he spent his mission in Mindanao which is where he learned the language. Damn mormons. :rolleyes:

Also about a couple years ago my friend dragged me to some chorale presentation and one of the songs they did was actually a traditional Cebuano folk song that had been turned into a choral piece. It was a beautiful rendition but the funny thing is that the song and its lyrics is meant to be funny yet here was this all-american choir belting the song out with all seriousness who had no clue what they were really singing about. :lol:

They don't have an equivalent for it at all, in the same way that there's no equivalent for it in English. In Tagalog "po" and "opo" are honorific terms that's used to make sentences more polite. Cebuano doesn't have any use for this which is why they often appear rude to Tagalog speakers. Instead Cebuano employs specific adverbs to request for things politely, like "palihug" which means please. Interestingly Tagalog doesn't really have a word for "please" as they rely heavily on "po" and "opo."

yeah i noticed that there isnt a "please" in Tagalog. that kinda puzzled me till i found out why i always have to say "po." :lol:

My mother is Visayan (Samar/Calbayog City). It's kind of sad, because I don't know her native dialect, nor Tagalog anymore. I used to be really fluent in it. :P Maybe when I head back, I'll be able to pick it back up quickly.

Love your tank (always have).

My mother is Visayan (Samar/Calbayog City). It's kind of sad, because I don't know her native dialect, nor Tagalog anymore. I used to be really fluent in it. :P Maybe when I head back, I'll be able to pick it back up quickly.

Love your tank (always have).

Dude. Thats Awesome! :D

hopefully you will! ;)

@El Fab.

WTF?!?!? WHERE ARE TEH UPDATES??!?!

common mayne... ;)