inTank Media Baskets

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

I've actually been reading higher PAR in water. Closer to 200 PAR with everything turned up.

Controlled dimming is possible. Get yourself an RKL and an ALC module and I can show you how to make it work.

Even better than I thought! Would it really be possible for me to do controlled dimming with an RKL? Sounds like a good enough reason to get one. lol I'll let you know if I decide to take the plunge. ;)

How do your tiny blue polyps spread so fast and all over the place? Do did you drop in several frags or is that all just from one chunk you bought? Assuming you bought them as a frag of course.

All the blue cloves in my tank came from one very tiny frag. That's all you need really and they just spread everywhere from there. And when the condition is just right and they're really happy, they'll even spawn which helps in dispersing them throughout the tank even more.

Haha, I have some gsp right now. It's a small two inch frag. How long do you think before I am kicking myself for putting it in???

The problem with GSP is that they're sneaky. They grow fast but you can't really tell because they kinda move like glaciers, slowly creeping in on surrounding areas and taking over it before you even notice. Like evil said, isolating them on the sand will prevent them from encroaching on other corals.

If you do it, it's a pretty easy mod to get it working. The ALC module allows you to set the brightness on two channels, and set the ramp up/down time as the lights turn on and off.

If you do it, it's a pretty easy mod to get it working. The ALC module allows you to set the brightness on two channels, and set the ramp up/down time as the lights turn on and off.

I'd been thinking one could do with with a ReefKeeper with the ALC module. Was certain, and I've no true idea how to wire it up, other than using the 0-10VDC ports they specify for dimmable T5 ballasts. If I do LEDs over my pico, this is how I would like to do it, would also like to do it with the LED kit I'm expecting for my Nano, although I'm sure I'd have to replace the drivers.

Awesome! There's a whole lot about the RKL that I don't know about. At the very least I just know that it controls timers and stuff. :lol:

I don't see how you keep it so clean when it's that crowded. You must have child laborers. I heard their small hands are useful.

I do. They scrub my tank with little tiny toothbrushes night and day. ;)

$46 on DFS. You won't find them online though, you gotta call to order. I asked them why and they mumbled something about UNICEF and GITMO I really didn't pay attention.

$46 on DFS. You won't find them online though, you gotta call to order. I asked them why and they mumbled something about UNICEF and GITMO I really didn't pay attention.

Oh well, maybe I can propogate my own. Oh wait, that requires a significant other and lotsa time, money, and patience. Hmm, I'll stick to doin maintenance myself I guess. lol

BSP? You mean blue cloves? I don't know, they're just really happy in my tank for some reason and they pretty much spawn every month like clockwork.