Top Shelf Aquatics

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

Thanks, Nate! Yeah, it's crazy going through all the old photos. It's like you really don't notice the amount of growth until you look at old pictures!

Thanks, Nate! Yeah, it's crazy going through all the old photos. It's like you really don't notice the amount of growth until you look at old pictures!

yeah. i always look at my tank and i always convince myself my corals havent grown a lot, but the when i look at pix i took 8 months ago i realize how much they have grown. i lub it! :D

Awesome job Fab your tank is just amazing... I have added a few corals to my pico

Frogspawn

Couple ricordia

zoos

Acan....

The acans are my favorite so far, I can see myself adding quite a few more of them... Tank has been up and running about a month now, and the corals been in for a week and seem to be doing great... They just open up every morning and look happy!!!!!!! I will add some pics soon

What a great trip down memory lane!

Sweet update of a truly awesome reef tank.

Pico, nano, no matter. Pound for pound -or gallon for gallon as it were -it ranks with the best of 'em IMO. :P

Yes, very sweet indeed. B)

Two Year Anniversary!

And to celebrate, here's two years of FTS showing just how much things have changed in the past two years.

00_11-4-07.jpg

November 4, 2007

01_11-7-07.jpg

November 7, 2007

02_11-30-07.jpg

November 30, 2007

03_12-16-07.jpg

December 16, 2007

04_1-3-08.jpg

January 3, 2008

05_2-6-08.jpg

February 6, 2008

06_2-23-08.jpg

February 23, 2008

07_3-20-08.jpg

March 20, 2008

08_4-14-08.jpg

April 14, 2008

09_4-27-08.jpg

April 27, 2008

10_6-17-08.jpg

June 17, 2008

11_6-29-08.jpg

June 29, 2008

12_7-28-08.jpg

July 28, 2008

13_9-28-08.jpg

September 28, 2008

14_10-23-08.jpg

October 23, 2008

15_11-04-08.jpg

November 4, 2008

16_1-1-09.jpg

January 1, 2009

17_3-3-09.jpg

March 3, 2009

18_3-24-09.jpg

March 24, 2009

19_4-15-09.jpg

April 15, 2009

20_5-28-09.jpg

May 28, 2009

21_8-20-09.jpg

August 20, 2009

22_9-11-09.jpg

September 11, 2009

23_11-4-09.jpg

November 4, 2009

Wow. I still can't believe it's been two years! When I started this tank I never would've imagined it to last this long and for it to take a life of its own and inspire so many others. It's been an amazing journey and I have learned so much! Thanks to everyone who helped me out from the beginning, for all the support and the inspiration and for all the people who continue to support this tank today. It just goes to show that with a little patience and some determination, anything is possible. :)

I can only hope my cap looks near as good as your one day. Congrats on the 2 year mark. It's kind of crazy thinking back to when you first started then looking at it now isnt it.

:bowdown:

I applaud thee King of Picotope's all around the earth

King EL FAB! :bowdown:

Congrats on the 2 Yr Anniversary! :D

BTW i think you should frag that cap before it invades the whole top of your tank! i think i can speak for all of us in that we would NEVER EVER want your tank to crash... especially due to that MASSIVE monti. ;)

EVERYONE :bowdown: to King El Fab! :bowdown:

Yes! It is about SDT size and it's shading over half the tank. I think it's a little too big for my tank now. :(

I can only hope my cap looks near as good as your one day. Congrats on the 2 year mark. It's kind of crazy thinking back to when you first started then looking at it now isnt it.

It's surreal! You really don't anticipate how things are going to look down the road and even more with corals because they tend to have a mind of their own. lol

BTW i think you should frag that cap before it invades the whole top of your tank! i think i can speak for all of us in that we would NEVER EVER want your tank to crash... especially due to that MASSIVE monti. ;)

Thanks Nate! The monti cap is gorgeous, I don't ever wanna have to frag it. I'll probably move it to another tank before I think about fragging it.

Oh and the obligatory current FTS shot:

Pico110409.jpg

• Like 1

Gives a whole new meaning to

"FULL" tank shot :P

Your tanks an inspiration, and is always the first tank I tell other people with picotopes to look at to see what can be done in such a small tank.

Happy Anniversary! I seriously think JBJ owes you some royalties, considering how many people have said that you were their inspiration for buying a picotope :)

+1 you should go to them...;)

Thank you! :happy:

I seriously think JBJ owes you some royalties, considering how many people have said that you were their inspiration for buying a picotope :)

Inorite? Not just JBJ but also Hagen. I'm sure they're selling AC 70 filters out the wazoo. And Current too for all those light fixtures.

^+1 I bought an AC70 after seeing it on your thread

AquaClear should sponsor fab. on account a how many ac70 he's sold.

wait a minute.... you neeed to make some calls.

i bet theyd give you freebies if you convinced a marketing rep to check out yer thread...

just sayin'....

Edited by pismo_reefer