Pod Your Reef

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

step up to the plate and become conqueror of the 10 gallon... then 29 gallon.... then 40 breeder...

Edited by ir0n_ma1den
wow, you sure have gotten some great growth! i'm interested to see what you're going to do with this, keep me posted if/when you decide to frag

Will do.

step up to the plate and become conqueror of the 10 gallon... then 29 gallon.... then 40 breeder...

Did you not see my failed attempt at conquering a Red Sea Max? :lol:

da -dam

:o

the pico doesnt even look bad

You're too kind. :)

You're too kind. :)

look at the pico in my sig

i spend 3ish hours a day doing WC blablabla whatever NO neglect at all and it looks like crap

and you have barely touched the tank for 3 months and it looks AWESOME

I think you're the only person who can neglect their tank and not attract a huge ####storm.... quite the opposite.

You think? I feel horrible about it though.

I payed 13$ a pound for "premium" live rock :mellow:

Your tank is still young! Give it some time to grow. ;)

:o:o Whoa dude

I know weetie, I know. :(

Your tank is still young! Give it some time to grow. ;)

yea maybe when my tank is 2 years old lol

BTW: I CALL THE RICS and the hybrid SPS frags that can grow amazingly in a pico ;)

I just dont get it lol

Edited by ryeguy28

I was just thinking about your tank. I showed the wife pics of yours when I bought her pico for her to show her what it could be. I agree, still looks sweet even with the neglect. Don't feel too bad, I just started doing waterchanges on my 90g again after about 7 or 8 months without.

BTW, she says to tell you thanks again for the clove polyps, they are doing well.

Edited by nanoty

Thanks, I have been planning alot and trying to gather everything that is need possible. All i am missing is a ATO, skimmer, and Full LEDs setup like yours. My tank is custom 6.5 gallon but when setup everything with water, sand, and rocks with corals it probably be only a 4 gallon tank left.

Your SPS monti looks amazing! :flower:

Your post is a little contradicting! It says you did no water changes since november... then goes on to say the only thing you've kept up on is water changes. Just wondering.

Crazy growth on the monti cap.

Any way to make these grow more flower-like, rather than out... if that make's sense?

Looks like a trimming and fragging sale will be up soon! :)

Very soon!

BTW: I CALL THE RICS and the hybrid SPS frags that can grow amazingly in a pico ;)

I just dont get it lol

Special pico frags? Sounds like a good marketing plug. ;)

BTW, she says to tell you thanks again for the clove polyps, they are doing well.

No prob! I'm glad to hear they're doing great. :)

All i am missing is a ATO, skimmer, and Full LEDs setup like yours.

Thanks! Do you have an ATO in mind? I can send you my ATO build if you'd like.

Your post is a little contradicting! It says you did no water changes since november... then goes on to say the only thing you've kept up on is water changes. Just wondering.

D'oh! I meant to say top-offs, not water changes. I keep up with top-offs regularly or at least my ATO does. I just make sure it has enough water to do its job.

Any way to make these grow more flower-like, rather than out... if that make's sense?

Not really, they have a mind of their own. And I don't know if you can tell but they've stopped growing out and are starting to grow up. Either way, they have nowhere else to go.

The pico still looks great, even if its a little overgrown!

Also sorry I must say that RSM looks worse then my BC29 looked after I only did 2 WC in 8 months and didnt scrape the glass or trim the caulerpa that took over. After some elbow grease and many hours of work the BC29 is looking awesome again... Bring that RSM back around. ;)

omg!! Thats soooo awesome!! What an amazing looking tank!!! so many tanks I see look so controlled and manicured...i honestly think your "overgrown" tank may be the coolest i've seen! And its amazing how well everything is growing even with the monti cap covering most of the tank! love it!! I might stop doing anything to my tank! lol

:eek:

Ok, so Thanks for giving us a detailed tutorial on how to properly neglect a tank for max growth. :P

Sorry buddy, but even stuffed to the glass, that thing is still super sexy IMO. Awesome growth.

...cap and cloves to NJ, mkaythnksbye. :happy:

Edited by Needreefunds
animalmaster6

El Fab,

You say you are neglecting your tank but right now it looks better than most of the picos I've ever seen in my life! It's amazing! That monti is so huge it's shading everything! I think that is really cool! I know you heard this a ton and I wish I could've posted earlier but I had a bunch of homework and projects <_<

OMG. i go overboard not neglecting my tank and the only growth i get in a month is algea. you neglect yours for a few months and still get TOTM. way to indirectly rub it in!