Pod Your Reef

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

Found this quote on the first page of your thread. Made me lol.

Wow, that tank is a rock pile! I personally don't like that look and prefer tanks that are clean and simple. How are you going to fix all the dead spots in a tank that crowded?

what a mess! haha jk jk. still a nice tank even if it's neglected. you got the magic touch el fab - will you come sprinkle some pixie dust on my tank?

i wanna see more shots of the red sea max!!! haha

You guys are crazy, I can't believe some of you think this tank still looks nice! The idea of upgrading isn't really that enticing to me especially since I have a 34g RSM that I have no idea what to do with.

Found this quote on the first page of your thread. Made me lol.

I totally remember saying that. Who would've thought my tank would end up looking exactly just that two years later! :lol:

i wanna see more shots of the red sea max!!! haha

The RSM really needs its own thread. Maybe once I start turning it around. :happy:

So how easy are monti caps to ship? Do they ship well at all? And if I do hack this thing down, do I need to give it some time before shipping? :unsure:

So how easy are monti caps to ship? Do they ship well at all? And if I do hack this thing down, do I need to give it some time before shipping? :unsure:

I would certainly buy a frag from you when you are ready! Anything that grows that well in neglect should do well for anyone else :) I'll stay tuned.

Monti Caps are easy to ship, you just have to make sure to ship them overnight.

If I didn't have to pay overnight shipping, I'd get a frag from you.

Remind me to PM you my shipping guide, I'll get you set up. :)

And everyone is right, even neglected, this tank looks good.

Now that RSM, that one needs work.

:shakes head:

I'm just teasing you though, for the most part.

I've certainly had my own share of Aquatic Mishaps over the last year, so it's not like I'm Little Miss Perfect Reefer.

i'm not sure about the shipping for the monti cap, but i broke a piece off of mine today accidentally while taking it off a plug and relocating it and the polyps opened up again within the hour on both pieces

I would certainly buy a frag from you when you are ready! Anything that grows that well in neglect should do well for anyone else :) I'll stay tuned.

True, this thing even grows under 9W PC! :lol:

Monti Caps are easy to ship, you just have to make sure to ship them overnight.

If I didn't have to pay overnight shipping, I'd get a frag from you.

Remind me to PM you my shipping guide, I'll get you set up. :)

Your shipping guide was a huge help when I was shipping out blue cloves. So is it pretty much the same process, just overnight? Any other special requirements for SPS I should know about?

And everyone is right, even neglected, this tank looks good.

Now that RSM, that one needs work.

:shakes head:

I'm just teasing you though, for the most part.

I've certainly had my own share of Aquatic Mishaps over the last year, so it's not like I'm Little Miss Perfect Reefer.

Thanks weets! Made me feel so much better. :)

i'm not sure about the shipping for the monti cap, but i broke a piece off of mine today accidentally while taking it off a plug and relocating it and the polyps opened up again within the hour on both pieces

Happens with mine all the time too, which is how I ended up with all these odd frags in my fuge. <_<

Dude, the corals are amazing. Why don't you move everything to the RSM or get at least a 5g AGA or something. Dont frag that monti. Looks absolutely beautiful with that formation. But again, take some time do some changes and get rolling again. Your tank is inspiration for anyone!

I want to say that , watching your tank progress is what made me want to have a tank again. Even neglected it looks really really nice. I can only pray that in 2 years my tank will look even 1 quarter as nice.

Dibs on the orange fungia-plate........ fingerscrossed

Seriously.........

Haha, your tank looks awesome, never thought I'd see something like that. If you do frag the monti, I would be rather interested in a quite small piece, going to do my LED build in a month, coincidentally right around my birthday on the 15th of Feb.

edit: be careful cleaning all that salt creep, your ATO will lose its grip. lol

orange plates do not exist in central Oklahoma, only purple Petco ones that are 6 inches across. :rant:

Edited by gregzbobo
  • Like 1
True, this thing even grows under 9W PC! :lol:

Your shipping guide was a huge help when I was shipping out blue cloves. So is it pretty much the same process, just overnight? Any other special requirements for SPS I should know about?

Thanks weets! Made me feel so much better. :)

Same shipping process for SPS.

This time of year you'll need a heat pack, make sure to put something between the heat pack and the bag/s so they don't get too hot.

For overnight shipping through USPS Express, you need to check on their site and make sure Express is overnight from you to the location you're shipping to.

It's not overnight to every location.

I will be shipping through ShipYourAquatics (UPS overnight) at the beginning of next week and will be using one of their shipping kits as well.

Watch WL to see how that goes. :)

Deleted User 6

Weetie - I have a recommendation for the heat pack. Wrap it in plastic or put it in a sandwich baggie to keep it from getting any water on it. If water gets on the heat pack, it'll kill it fast. I've had that happen twice now. In a perfect world no water should get anywhere, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Ive read this from the start and your pico was the driving force for me to get one. 2 years later and your tank still blows me away. Cant wait till mine gets to be that nice.

I love how everything you read says SPS are difficult to keep and require a good amount of maintenance and care, and that pico reefs are difficult to keep stable parameters, yet here's your tank being neglected and your SPS have over grown the tank. I say you keep this thing going rather than upgrade. I think it'd be cool to see that encrusting monti take over the back wall, I don't think I've ever seen a tank with an encrusting monti wall before. This has been one of the forums most popular tanks for a couple years now, it would suck to see it get taken down.

damn this is really nice. I love several things about this tank:

-who gets sixty pages per tank thread, jeeze man nice job retaining the masses

-the first pic is my favorite, I love the packed look and it absolutely shows where an aged pico goes in time with great care

-all of it is compiled in a single thread so you don't have to go skipping around to find the entire aging process, +10 to that

-most, if not 100% all of the original corals are shown at the endpoint, a real test for the system to see how you'd balance them in this amount of time. The tank does not look neglected it looks like one of a kind

really nice bro

B

-most, if not 100% all of the original corals are shown at the endpoint, a real test for the system to see how you'd balance them in this amount of time. The tank does not look neglected it looks like one of a kind

I think thats the best part. Showing growth over time.

Weetie - I have a recommendation for the heat pack. Wrap it in plastic or put it in a sandwich baggie to keep it from getting any water on it. If water gets on the heat pack, it'll kill it fast. I've had that happen twice now. In a perfect world no water should get anywhere, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

No, don't do this.

Heat packs need air to function.

Cut off the air supply, heat pack stops working.

Just put a large bag around all of the frag bags and close it well, then newspaper on top of that, heat pack on top of that.

Problem solved.