ReefCleaners.org

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

Hey Fab. Your tank is amazing as usual. Thanks for sharing your experiences for all of us to use. Keep up the good work, and keep pushing the pico boundaries. Its awesome!

el fabuloso

I had no idea how much stuff got lost in the crash! And right after I just posted an update too. <_< I will have to retroactively repost some of those updates.

So I know I am super late but after 5 days of reading during my breaks and lunches at work I have finally made it to the end of the post. Super informative and inspiring. Since moving into our new place I have decided to setup a Pico because of space limitations and your tank is an absolute inspiration for sure. I only hope to have mine look half as good one day. You are definitely the King of Picos. I will be sure to start a thread when I get everything. Currently in the purchasing stages at this point, sending everything to my family and friends in the states to pick it up for when I come back home during my vacation in September. thanks for all the info you have provided to this wonderful community.

Awesome! Picos are definitely the best if you have limited space. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with. :)

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what kind of chemical and mechanical filtration are you using?

Filter floss for mechanical and Chemi-Pure Elite for chemical filtration. Chemi-Pure now comes in a half-unit size which is just the right size for an AC70.

Hey Fab. Your tank is amazing as usual. Thanks for sharing your experiences for all of us to use. Keep up the good work, and keep pushing the pico boundaries. Its awesome!

Thanks! Will do. ;)

shahrezsyed

hey el fab are'nt you gonna complete the cycling topic in your sticky post about how to make a successful pico...and you should make a nice moderately sized frag tank for all those fast growing corals you got there..just a thought i had

shahrez

I FINALLY finished reading through the thread. Amazing tank Fab! I learned a lot too.

Dank- the males are smaller and have a solid band on their tail and the females have bigger tails and a split in their white band. I remember reading it in the sexy shrimp thread but couldn't find the page.

In this pic the male is on the left on the female on the right

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t69/Ugi...nk/IMG_7037.jpg

el fabuloso

So I still haven't found the motivation to catch up on the missing posts on this thread, not to mention the entire MAX thread that was completely wiped out. One of these days. In the meantime, I'm trying to wrap up the Pico Guide thread which I know everyone's been waiting for. Thanks for the patience. :)

I FINALLY finished reading through the thread. Amazing tank Fab! I learned a lot too.

Awesome! Welcome to the thread. :)

Hey Aaron! wowza! I missed the last round of nekkid sexy skrimp pix :lol: awesome stuff!

The blue cloves are doing great and on the move omgomgomg

:o pichers!!!

el fabuloso
I must be on ignore :P

Ignore? What would make you say that! Welcome to my thread. Now stop fishing for attention. :rolleyes:

it's amazing how beautiful these tiny reefs can be. you've done a magnificent job :)

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome! Have any of them drifted off to another location? Any spawning activity?

HA! I spoke to soon :naughtydance:

P1010051-8.jpg

P1010045-4.jpg

by the next morning, they were spent lol

P1010061-9.jpg

Thanks again for mah frag <3

Are they that uncommon? Mine are growing like wildfire and are on every rock in my tank.

Super uncommon here, i don't know anyone even in our club who has them.

I see on post #60 you had removed the rio 50 powerhead.

I was thinking of doing the same as my ycg cant keep up with the flow the poor guy. I was afraid that the flow my AC70 is pushing out was inadequate but seems like it worked in your favour.

Care to elaborate ???

yeah I see that, im actully thinking of doing the same. Taking it out for now untill my tank is stocked with corals.

I guess im a noob and dont really know if the flow the AC70 pushes out on its own is okay.

The AC70 can provide more than enough flow for the tank, just by pump numbers alone. The problem is the way water flows in these small tanks. It flows along the top, hits the front glass and blows all the sand around. The flow from the AC70 is usually dialed back to stop that. That's where the extra powerheads come in.

by the next morning, they were spent lol

P1010061-9.jpg

Kinky! They should start cropping up in some random places. :D

Are they that uncommon? Mine are growing like wildfire and are on every rock in my tank.

The problem with blue cloves is that they're hard to frag and often fall apart during shipping. Of the ones I've shipped I'd say two out of three made it okay.

I see on post #60 you had removed the rio 50 powerhead.

I was thinking of doing the same as my ycg cant keep up with the flow the poor guy. I was afraid that the flow my AC70 is pushing out was inadequate but seems like it worked in your favour.

Care to elaborate ???

Like Sword said, I initially took out the Rio 50 in lieu of the AC70 but soon realized that the AC70 didn't provide enough coverage and found a lot of dead spots. So I added the Rio 50 back in for more turbulent flow.

The AC70 can provide more than enough flow for the tank, just by pump numbers alone. The problem is the way water flows in these small tanks. It flows along the top, hits the front glass and blows all the sand around. The flow from the AC70 is usually dialed back to stop that. That's where the extra powerheads come in.

Precisely.