Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

Wow, this is insane! B) No room for dosing errors!

Keep an eye on that chalice; it may send some far-reaching sweeper tentacles during the night. I saw a tank with a variety of chalices and some were more active than others, so there's no telling what will happen.

el fabuloso

Thanks, Kim! :wub:

And Thanks Joe for the tip on the chalice. I've heard about them having long sweeper tentacles but have yet to see them. Maybe once they feel more settled?

Looks great. The Acropora is a good coral to find out just how powerful the leds are. Also if you move the xenia from that top spot, you'd would have a perfect place for another sps. :)

el fabuloso
Looks great. The Acropora is a good coral to find out just how powerful the leds are. Also if you move the xenia from that top spot, you'd would have a perfect place for another sps. ;)

Thanks! Yeah that Xenia spot is prime real estate for a nice SPS frag. Ultimately that's probably what will happen but I like my Xenias and I don't want to get rid of them just yet.

Seriously, it looks awesome, Aaron. I wonder if the same tank can be TOTM more than once.

Nah, I wouldn't want to hog all the spotlight. There are still plenty of fabulous-looking tanks out there!

Btw, what kind of LED fixture do you have?

The fixture is a Current Satellite retrofit, made none other by evilc66, the LED Gawd. B)

PIMPED! This is looking sweet now dude. New damsel? Do you have a nimble nano or mag cleaner?

Thank you. No, the same damsel nothing died. I roll with my Nimble Nano and nothing else. No one should be without one!

The birdsnest is gonna grow quickly. You'll be fraggin that in no time.

Wow! I've noticed how fast my birdsnest is growing so I know I'll be fragging a lot!

Dag yo. Kicking it like a pack of ninjas.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Wow, that chalice is really nice! Hey if you want to get rid of that galaxy I might want it. I need to wait a few weeks though, got my new tank yesterday! It will be a while before I get it setup, I cant find a stand for it yet. :ninja: I am gonna try out some of my newly learned ninja skills on this next build.

very interested in the diy ato system but was concerned about how to mount the float switch. found this float at marinedepot for 20 bux. anyone tried one of these? it mounts inside tank with suction cups.

post-44228-1240361230_thumb.jpg

One of the best looking pico on NR.com I need to :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: to the master of pico. lol i like all the new corals you have there. i also am trying to have acans in my pico also. did your lord acan ever healed up? i can't seem to find any blue cloves around my states over here.. no one seems to carry them at all. wish my lfss have them so i can have them in my tank.

ps. i like your new transition of your tank. keep it up!

-dave

el fabuloso
Wow, that chalice is really nice! Hey if you want to get rid of that galaxy I might want it. I need to wait a few weeks though, got my new tank yesterday! It will be a while before I get it setup, I cant find a stand for it yet. :ninja: I am gonna try out some of my newly learned ninja skills on this next build.

Thanks! I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with the galaxy but I've been playing musical corals between my pico and the M9. I'll let you have first dibs if I do decide to get rid of it entirely though I hear that they're really not good shippers.

very interested in the diy ato system but was concerned about how to mount the float switch. found this float at marinedepot for 20 bux. anyone tried one of these? it mounts inside tank with suction cups.

post-44228-1240361230_thumb.jpg

That's interesting but I can see some problems if the float switch is exposed. Snails and crabs can easily get on top of it and activate the float switch which can result in a messy flood. Also I don't know if I would rely on suction cups to hold the float switch up even though right now I'm pretty much relying on salt creep to hold mine in place. :lol:

One of the best looking pico on NR.com I need to :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: to the master of pico. lol i like all the new corals you have there. i also am trying to have acans in my pico also. did your lord acan ever healed up? i can't seem to find any blue cloves around my states over here.. no one seems to carry them at all. wish my lfss have them so i can have them in my tank.

ps. i like your new transition of your tank. keep it up!

-dave

Thanks, Dave! :blush:

The acan has actually healed up nicely though he's still in limbo and I haven't figured out exactly where I want to put him. I'd take pics but my camera is out of commission right now and waiting for a new one to come in but I'll be sure to update with some pics once the camera gets here! :)

Thanks for the comments! :happy:

Maria, how are the cloves?

The cloves are doing great..every time I look at the lil' rock I swear I see new polyps :happy:

the zoos and ric are also doing great!

Paleoreef103

You know. I really didn't think a pico could get nicer than when you were named TOTM... I was dead wrong. This tank is just plain stellar. Fantastic work!

hey Fab! :wub:

I set-up my ATO over the weekend and it's working great. It's so nice not to have to top off every few hours! I know you're still relying on salt creep to keep your float switch in place so I thought I'd tell you what I did. It's simple really. I went to Michael's, purchased an 8 pack of epoxy coated magnets. I glued two of them to the outside of the film canister, one right next to the other. Then I just put 2 magnets on the outside of the glass and it keeps it in place perfectly. easy to adjust/clean! just a suggestion...

el fabuloso

Maria, good to know the cloves are doing great! And the ric and zoas too. It's amazing how those things can take a beating and just miraculously come back to life. Just wait, you'll have cloves growing out the wazoo in no time! :)

You know. I really didn't think a pico could get nicer than when you were named TOTM... I was dead wrong. This tank is just plain stellar. Fantastic work!

Thanks! :blush:

To be honest I kinda miss my old layout and kinda wished I had setup a second tank instead. But too late for that, I can only move forward and I'm looking forward to doing more awesome things with this tank.

hey Fab! :wub:

I set-up my ATO over the weekend and it's working great. It's so nice not to have to top off every few hours! I know you're still relying on salt creep to keep your float switch in place so I thought I'd tell you what I did. It's simple really. I went to Michael's, purchased an 8 pack of epoxy coated magnets. I glued two of them to the outside of the film canister, one right next to the other. Then I just put 2 magnets on the outside of the glass and it keeps it in place perfectly. easy to adjust/clean! just a suggestion...

Magnets! I should've known. You can always solve life's problems with magnets. :lol: I will definitely check that out as it may just be my ultimate solution even though salt creep is actually surprisingly reliable. lol Thanks for the tip! :)

THEEGRIMREEFER

WOW! the title of the thread is no lie. pure sexiness.. especially that monticap! now i will forsure be getting one of these in the near future :D . what did that led setup cost ya?

The SPS are doing really well under LEDs and without the heat! I can't emphasize enough how amazing LEDs are. :happy:

I just got a small frag of green polyp birdsnest in my 4g, and it looks sick under the LEDs. Glad you are liking your setup Fab. Looks like there are going to be a bunch of people joining our ranks judging by the group buy so far. I have orders for 5 complete fixtures and a retro :o