Cultivated Reef

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

I have a feeling this is going to open my tank up to a whole lot of other things down the line.

I never sleep, you didn't know? lol

Not sure what to do with the old light yet. I'm thinking I could start another pico (because one just isn't enough) or do a 5.5g frag tank. But the M9 is getting upgraded soon and that tank lends itself better as a frag tank. And now I've said too much. :ninja:

lol id love to see you actually stuff something else in that tank, its probably down to like 1 gallon of actual water in there :P hahah

sleep is so overrated anyways

i say do a frag tank, that would help clear up a little room in that tank, as well as you can share your stuff ;)

I have no idea how you fight the urge to upgrade, but I'm glad you do :)

Now you've got me wondering if I should've just done the research and went LED myself.

Aaron that is so funny ! That ac 70 impeller Is BLASTING that gsp . :haha: I always had an idea ,but seeing it in video confirms my suspicions. That light rivals my 70 watt sunpod for shimmer ! Great job ! Dang it, I just realized I am going to finally have to break down and make my tank thread ! <_< I keep putting it off and now I am going to have to pull the trigger. I had the multiple sps in the jbj pico first ! :D And now I have to put, it up before you go crazy with all the possibilities of your new light ! ;)

Great job !!!

el fabuloso

Thanks! :happy:

I have no idea how you fight the urge to upgrade, but I'm glad you do :)

Meh, big tanks are overrated. Picos are way more fun! Plus I love the challenge. :)

Now you've got me wondering if I should've just done the research and went LED myself.

Do eet!

Aaron that is so funny ! That ac 70 impeller Is BLASTING that gsp . :haha: I always had an idea ,but seeing it in video confirms my suspicions. That light rivals my 70 watt sunpod for shimmer ! Great job ! Dang it, I just realized I am going to finally have to break down and make my tank thread ! <_< I keep putting it off and now I am going to have to pull the trigger. I had the multiple sps in the jbj pico first ! :D And now I have to put, it up before you go crazy with all the possibilities of your new light ! ;)

Great job !!!

The GSP doesn't mind! :lol: Seriously though, it's a great coral to break up all the flow from the AC70.

Sorry for being off topic but I have a question, early on in the thread someone mentioned that their LFS broke the legs on their sexies by using a net. How are you supposed to catch them? When I start my nano I am planning for a trio to be its only residents. Thanks for the help.

-Ian

el fabuloso

I think that was constantocean who had the injured sexies. Nets should be fine as long as you're extremely careful. I personally have not had to remove my sexies even when I moved the tank but if I had to I would probably use a small container instead of a net to catch them to prevent injuries.

MORE FTS, FAB!

.. seriously. This thing needs a freaking webcam link or something. It breaks my heart every time I come back for a new FTS and it's the same one I saw before. THINK OF THE HEARTS, DUDE. :tears:

MORE FTS, FAB!

.. seriously. This thing needs a freaking webcam link or something. It breaks my heart every time I come back for a new FTS and it's the same one I saw before. THINK OF THE HEARTS, DUDE. :tears:

Dude fab- ur a heart breaker :wub:

el fabuloso
Dude fab- ur a heart breaker :wub:

Apparently!

Fab... would you make me the happiest dude alive and let me marry your pico? :wub:

That's...not even right. :unsure:

But whatever, who am I to judge? :lol: Anywho, I'm a little bored with my tank at the moment so I'm probably going to make some changes in the near future, just not sure what those changes will be.

Everything in the tank seems to have completely adjusted to the new LED fixture, especially the Blastomussa which has finally expanded back to its original form and has colored up nicely and the galaxy which for some reason seems to be less "angry" though I'm not sure how the new lighting has anything to do with that.

CIMG8295.jpg

CIMG8293.jpg

The biggest difference I've seen so far is with SPS growth. My Montipora was already doing well with the old PC fixture and is now doing even better with the LED's and I've even noticed a rapid change in its growth pattern not to mention more intense coloration.

CIMG8291.jpg

CIMG8296.jpg

CIMG8306.jpg

The bird's nest is also showing a lot of growth as you can tell from the amount of white tips that are starting to branch off.

CIMG8298.jpg

And ditto on the the Acropora frag.

CIMG8297.jpg

And last but not least, the coveted FTS shots:

CIMG8276.jpg

CIMG8282.jpg

CIMG8284.jpg

CIMG8277.jpg

Like I said, there might be some big changes soon. I'm thoroughly impressed with the SPS growth so I might go more towards that route. :happy:

Man that looks awesome fab. I vote for a completely dominated SPS pico, now that would be something.

I really like when people get those monticaps to fuse together. You should do 3-4 colors that would be bad ass

el fabuloso
Man that looks awesome fab. I vote for a completely dominated SPS pico, now that would be something.

I really like when people get those monticaps to fuse together. You should do 3-4 colors that would be bad ass

Thanks! I was thinking more of an LPS/SPS dominated pico like acans and favias and some nice acros. I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to fuse montis together but I've seen them and it does make for a dramatic effect.

im bored with your tank too :)

Cool. Wanna trade? :P