Innovative Marine Aquariums

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

It just took me like two hours to thoroughly read and try to absorb 22 pages of a brilliant thread. I'm very big on researching before jumping in (I researched for almost a year before starting my current 29g planted freshwater), and this thread has been massively helpful. I was kind of on the fence whether or not I should start a saltwater, but you've made the decision for me. The question, now, is how big. I'll be poking around the boards here looking at 10 and 20 gallons, too, and eventually make a decision, but until then, your thread has been a superb knowledge base, really, so thank you.

The only thing I haven't really figured out is fastening the float switch.

Fab , an idea i had that I put into action several months ago was this. I am a route salesman for a popular brand snake cake. I go into major stores all day everyday. Walmarts , Targets, etc. These stores have cardboard displays that the use for multipule products. I have found so many types of plastic clips and clamps that are employed on these displays. I am in recieving all the time when they dispose of these displays and they always let me take what I want before disposal. Next time you are in a store look at these and see if there is one to your liking. And if you ask them to have it when they throw it away the are usually more than willing to give it you. I myself used a plastic clamp from a dvd display that I Super glued to my ato to hang from the tank ledge. It is rock solid while astehtically pleasing. Oh and did I mention FREE. So next time you are at your favorite place of capitalistic spending keep an eye out. Works great. Hth .

Matt

I'm glad you guys found that post helpful. :happy:

It's definitely important to find a maintenance system that works best for you. It will take some time and trial and error to see what works but once you figure it out, it won't take you a lot of time to get into a regular routine. Just keep it simple. :)

It just took me like two hours to thoroughly read and try to absorb 22 pages of a brilliant thread. I'm very big on researching before jumping in (I researched for almost a year before starting my current 29g planted freshwater), and this thread has been massively helpful. I was kind of on the fence whether or not I should start a saltwater, but you've made the decision for me. The question, now, is how big. I'll be poking around the boards here looking at 10 and 20 gallons, too, and eventually make a decision, but until then, your thread has been a superb knowledge base, really, so thank you.

Good to know my thread was helpful in making your decision. I like to research before jumping into thing as well so I definitely understand where you're coming from. Look through the Members Aquariums and All-In-One sections on the forum and I'm sure you'll find a good setup that works best for you.

Oh, and :welcome:

Fab , an idea i had that I put into action several months ago was this. I am a route salesman for a popular brand snake cake. I go into major stores all day everyday. Walmarts , Targets, etc. These stores have cardboard displays that the use for multipule products. I have found so many types of plastic clips and clamps that are employed on these displays. I am in recieving all the time when they dispose of these displays and they always let me take what I want before disposal. Next time you are in a store look at these and see if there is one to your liking. And if you ask them to have it when they throw it away the are usually more than willing to give it you. I myself used a plastic clamp from a dvd display that I Super glued to my ato to hang from the tank ledge. It is rock solid while astehtically pleasing. Oh and did I mention FREE. So next time you are at your favorite place of capitalistic spending keep an eye out. Works great. Hth .

Matt

Interesting... any chance you can snap a photo of this clip and how you worked it into your ATO?

en espanol por favor

I don't start Spanish until the fall semester. :(

No, todavía estoy esperando mi orden. ¿Has comprado una de él también?

Gerber will translate. :)

Hopefully, if he does another grp buy. Although I'm not sure if I could wait as long as you have?

No, todavía estoy esperando mi orden. ¿Has comprado una de él también?

Gerber will translate. :)

No, Im still waiting for my order. Have you bought one also?

Edited by Gerber77
Interesting... any chance you can snap a photo of this clip and how you worked it into your ATO?

I will do that for ya ! Don't know when, but I'll snap you one ! ;)

whoa didn't know so much of you guys knew spanish :D good to know for when I dont know how to say something in english! haha

Fab la pecera esta super nice como siempre! mucho exito amigo.