Cultivated Reef

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

Wow, did I just help persuade Purp rather than Purp persuading me and everyone else?

The Lumen Bright has two models...a DE and SE. I've only ran across a couple places online that carries the DE. From all that I've read over the past couple of months is that it should cover up to a 24" foot print...give or take and a majority of people hang it high for it to cover your tank without it giving the "spot light" effect. I'm too anal about aesthetics, that's why I'm considering the Lumen Bright versus all the other Lumen-whatever pendants...it's gotta look nice and perform too. They might all be from the same company, but I could be wrong. I'm still torn between that setup or a MH + T5 light combo.

That tap water still mystifies me to this very day. I might just have to go back and fill up some jugs.

I bought the DE version from some dude liquidating his store inventory on eBay. $119 NIB :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice grab. I should've never pointed you in that direction until I checked eBay first. Let me know how you like it...from all that I've read, it's one bright pendant.

Nice grab. I should've never pointed you in that direction until I checked eBay first. Let me know how you like it...from all that I've read, it's one bright pendant.

Maybe he has 1 more. Yeah, the bulb is bright enough as it is inside the dinky pendant I have now. Light spills over the sides and throughout the room. Curious to find out how much of it the Lumen Bright can contain INSIDE THE TANK. Do I need a special hanging kit for it?

No...it hangs using two little hooks on the top side of the pendant...a little generic for me but you should be able to make it work with your current setup.

I just checked...you got the last & only one it looks like. You got a good deal on it...I've seen them go for as low as $140, so you saved about $20 or so...which can be used towards a frag or something...haha! All this light talk with you might just make me click "Checkout" and buy the ballast & pendant too.

No...it hangs using two little hooks on the top side of the pendant...a little generic for me but you should be able to make it work with your current setup.

I just checked...you got the last & only one it looks like. You got a good deal on it...I've seen them go for as low as $140, so you saved about $20 or so...which can be used towards a frag or something...haha! All this light talk with you might just make me click "Checkout" and buy the ballast & pendant too.

DO IT! LMAO

With your Lumantek ballast, did you have to mod the cable to connect it to your pendant?

Not at all, just insert wires and screw. Not sure about the Lumen Bright pendant though. Would you know?

You have pictures of the end that connects to the pendant? That's what I'm trying to figure out before I buy the pendant...to see if I'll need any special adapter...I can't seem to find any pics online of the end that connects to the pendant online.

As for the Lumen Bright, I think it's just exposed wires at the end of the cable running from the pendant.

You have pictures of the end that connects to the pendant? That's what I'm trying to figure out before I buy the pendant...to see if I'll need any special adapter...I can't seem to find any pics online of the end that connects to the pendant online.

As for the Lumen Bright, I think it's just exposed wires at the end of the cable running from the pendant.

People are probably getting tired of our chatter. Switching to PM. LOL

Check this out. After all that, I guess I'm not getting the new reflector after all. Here's a message the guy emailed me:

"Please do not make payment-I just sold this an hour ago to someone in person. I am VERY sorry!"

I should give him bad feedback for getting me excited for no reason. (but I'm not that kind of person)

Never get tired of reef talk Randy....never know when this type info will come in handy for someone ;)

Check this out. After all that, I guess I'm not getting the new reflector after all. Here's a message the guy emailed me:

"Please do not make payment-I just sold this an hour ago to someone in person. I am VERY sorry!"

I should give him bad feedback for getting me excited for no reason. (but I'm not that kind of person)

That really blows and pretty crappy on their part....I would leave neutral feedback and say that he sold the item and still had it listed. But that's just me :)

Crazy weekend. I was soooo close to acquiring the new My Miami chalice, but after much thought on both sides, we amicably agreed to cancel our pending transaction. I'll possibly have to wait until next year for the My Miami, but it's my hunch that pricing will greatly exceed $1500 in the short term.

Made me a just a tad sad not to get the MM, so I bought a couple of nice frags from Isaac Seidel. He is the one who originated the Oregon Mummy Eye. Very nice guy and a sincere pleasure to do business with.

092809_oregon.jpg

Actual frag but not my photo.

Isaac also sold me this nice frag of the Emerald Mummy Eye, which he directly obtained from Jeremy of ExoticFrags.

092809_eme.jpg

Actual frag but not my photo.

sorry you didn't get you my miami chalice but after a year or two it will be afordable anyway nice finds has he shipped them out yet?

Eh, no worries. I'll survive. It'll be fun to watch the price fluctuation of that piece. It would have been more fun if I had something personal at stake, but I'll try to be content from the sidelines. LOL

The MEs are shipping this afternoon!

fishes4alivin, here's your frag of Bazooka Joe. All healed up for you, Man.

092809_bazooka_frag.jpg

Here's my other half. Looks like 3 more eyes popped up overnight! It hasn't spread out much since I first got it, but it looks like it will take off soon.

092809_bazooka.jpg

Honestly Randy, I think I like the two Mummy Eyes you are getting better than the My Miami. Like you said, although it would have been great to get in on the original pricing action, I just think the price is going to fluctuate a TON over the next year. Look at the prices of a lot of Chalice....the market isn't saturated yet but, on RC and R2R, there are TONS of some of the more common frags out there not being sold.

Can't wait to see how the two new pieces look under your lighting and photo skills.

You need to get a coral list together sometime soon :)

Honestly Randy, I think I like the two Mummy Eyes you are getting better than the My Miami. Like you said, although it would have been great to get in on the original pricing action, I just think the price is going to fluctuate a TON over the next year. Look at the prices of a lot of Chalice....the market isn't saturated yet but, on RC and R2R, there are TONS of some of the more common frags out there not being sold.

Can't wait to see how the two new pieces look under your lighting and photo skills.

You need to get a coral list together sometime soon :)

Yeah, these 2 MEs have proven themselves to be very desirable pieces, especially the Oregon. The emerald was more of a "so what else you got" purchase. lol. I do want the MM though, but I figure the longer it eludes me, the longer I'll be in the hobby :)

Stand by for photos. "On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

A coral list would be a cool project to work on. First things first, I gotta get these guys out of this sardine can and into a bigger tank!

Arrived, dipped, and now acclimating in the tank. Words cannot describe the incredible green of the Oregon Mummy Eye. There is no other green in my tank that compares to the intensity and fluorescence that this coral puts out. ORA Birdsnest, RedBug Monti, Nuclear Greens, Nuclear Green Acans, Prism Favia... those look *almost* green compared to this. The BGM looks completely pale in comparison. It's almost embarrassing to put the two next to eachother. LOL. I'm a little worried that I won't be able to maintain that level of brilliancy.

The emerald doesn't look too shabby either.

Pics shortly...

Randy - Cool stuff. I think the MM is way over rated. I know it would be cool but just not worth it. Plus its just a WM with orange eyes!

I just got my BGM, ME , EME today! I'll be good on chalices now!

-Dave

With all that you have in there...do you even know what you have in there let alone remember which is which? I don't even have a fraction of what you have and I already can't remember what I have in my tank. Either way, you have one of the nicest collection.

Randy - Cool stuff. I think the MM is way over rated. I know it would be cool but just not worth it. Plus its just a WM with orange eyes!

I just got my BGM, ME , EME today! I'll be good on chalices now!

-Dave

It's a great day for both of us, Dave. Haha. Lemme see em! Post em up in the Chalice thread!

Oregon Mummy Eye

092909_oregon.jpg

Still waiting for him to puff up. Notice the bit of exposed skeleton on the left.

Emerald Mummy Eye

092909_EME.jpg

I'll snap a couple more later this afternoon. Hopefully they both settle in well.

Geez that OME is bright. I have a Cornbred Mummy Eye (1/2 fingernail size frag) that looks similar in brightness...I'll have to see if I can capture it justifiably (if that's a word) on camera and show you.

What camcorder are you using anyways? I might have to try my Canon camcorder out since my Canon point-shoot doesn't take pictures of anything in my tank all that well.

Archived