Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

Moving to San Diego "Established by the the Germans in 1904, they called it "San DiAgo", which is German for "A Whale's .....". Sorry, had to throw in an Anchorman quote :)

Congrats on getting the Vortech. Just be careful, once you drop one in the tank, you're never going to want to use another type of powerhead...seriously. I know there are some that say that Tunze are better, I being one for a while, but IMO the Vortech really can't be matched. You're corals will love you for it too :lol:

Any plans on fragging up any more Acans? My "Garden" consists of only the ones I got from you so it needs some new additions. Just let me know.

-Adam

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moving to San Diego "Established by the the Germans in 1904, they called it "San DiAgo", which is German for "A Whale's .....". Sorry, had to throw in an Anchorman quote :)

Congrats on getting the Vortech. Just be careful, once you drop one in the tank, you're never going to want to use another type of powerhead...seriously. I know there are some that say that Tunze are better, I being one for a while, but IMO the Vortech really can't be matched. You're corals will love you for it too :lol:

Any plans on fragging up any more Acans? My "Garden" consists of only the ones I got from you so it needs some new additions. Just let me know.

-Adam

Haha, funny. I'll have to remember that one.

Yeah, I'll be taking ScottyReef's extra MP10 off of his hands. I think it should perform a little better than my two Koralias. But I plan on keeping the Koralia nano to add flow to the rear of the tank. Looking forward to seeing how the little MP10 improves the overall movement in my display.

You know I was thinking of fragging just a few. If you want em, I'll hold em for you, Adam. You've gotta check out this new frag I got from Nanosapiens: "Fireworks Over the City" acan from ReefKoi. I'll upload a pic in a bit...

Passed by the NCRC swap yesterday. Very very cool and hospitable group of people there. Junkitu, fishes4alivin, Kraylen, great to meet you guys! Picked up some NICE stuff, but I'll wait for some pieces to color up slightly before I snap pics. Enjoy your weekend y'all.

Again, here's another color combination that my camera cannot capture. ReefKoi's "Fireworks Over the City" Acan. The light blue colors show a metallic blue in real life.

101109_fire.jpg

I uploaded a better picture taken from the retail site from where it was bought. Thanks Ralph!

post-27594-1255281846_thumb.jpg

I uploaded a better picture taken from the retail site from where it was bought. Thanks Ralph!

No problem, Randy. My hat's off to ReefKoi's photography because this is one really tough Acan to photograph!

I don't have the 'touch' this morning, but here's a pic of your very nice Rainbow (thanks!) and the Fireworks Over the City Acans taken under 10K plus Actinic:

RandysAcan101009.jpg

50 attempts and its still blurry, but at least the metallic texture is somewhat visible.

Again, here's another color combination that my camera cannot capture. ReefKoi's "Fireworks Over the City" Acan. The light blue colors show a metallic blue in real life.

101109_fire.jpg

WOW....that's a really nice one Randy. Nice snag for sure.

I responded back to your PM.

-Adam

BIG DAY in the hobby. New tank arriving. Shipping out corals. Receiving corals. Trading corals. I should be in the business. hehe

Ummm....Purp.

you ARE in the business, :lol:

Take some pics of my frags when they open up, your camera is way better then mine :P

And I can't believe you didn't post a pic of the piece you got yesterday, come on!! B):o

Take some pics of my frags when they open up, your camera is way better then mine :P

And I can't believe you didn't post a pic of the piece you got yesterday, come on!! B):o

Hahaha. Don't wanna steal your thunder, Josh! Trust me, they look gooood ;)

LE Event Horizon Favia

101509_eh.jpg

The mother

eventhorizon_14130.jpg

Bowerbanki Acan Courtesy of Kylebeano

101509_bow.jpg

That favia also looks similar to the PPE Favia/Chalice that I have...

I believe it is the SAME. The guy I bought it from renamed it, but it is from the same source as the one obtained by Juicy Corals. They call it "JC Prism chalice AKA PPE Chalice."

Allow me to introduce my simple tank upgrade: A 24X17X18" 32G Mr. Aqua Tank. Measurements are estimates in inches, taken from the inside. I opted for this tank due to its extremely low price tag and its similarities to my 25G ADA cube. This tank could be broken down as quickly as it goes up, since I may be moving as early as Jan of 2010. But at least my corals will have more space to grow for the next 3-4mos!

33_1.jpg

33_2.jpg

33_3.jpg

33_4.jpg

33_5.jpg

33_6.jpg

33_7.jpg

Leak check passed :)

33_8.jpg

And no, I won't be using the cardboard underneath this tank. lol

No sand: BB. I have pre-cut black starboard - although it's 1" too short bc I originally intended to buy an ADA tank. I'll need to cut an additional 1" filler with the excess they sent me. I also have a nice black neoprene mat to rest the tank. Setup could be delayed by 2 or so weeks, until I get another leg reinforcement for my glass table. Glass table is .75" thick btw. Also, I don't think I should drill the tank until after the move. In the meantime, I'll be using my "fool proof" siphon overflow.

*I think I prefer to keep this thread running, since all else is the same except for the tank! And, maybe I'll edit the title ;)

where did you put your printers randy, Did that stuff come like right after i left yesterday, also that bleeding hike we went on killed my calfs LOL. theres a junk sawp at aqualife hosted by MARS on saturday are you thinking of going?

where did you put your printers randy, Did that stuff come like right after i left yesterday, also that bleeding hike we went on killed my calfs LOL. theres a junk sawp at aqualife hosted by MARS on saturday are you thinking of going?

HA! Good question. Printers are on the floor. lol

Junk swap? Meaning you bring junk and get LEs or not such a good swap? Hehe. Maybe I'll stop by. I've been wanting to see the store.

INFO Yo

When: Saturday October 17th

Set up starts at 10am and space will be given on a first come first serve basis. Sales start at 11am

Where: Aqua Life Aquarium 4235 Pacific Street Suite B. Rocklin, CA 95677

As a store we will be selling used equipment as well as having in a sale on every item in the store! 20% off all live stock (and we stocked heavily for this event!), 20% off PE Mysis Shrimp, and 15% off all other dry goods! We invite any person with aquarium related items to accompany us and sell their used equipment (that we all know is cluttering our garages!). Also if your frag racks are full feel free to bring specimens to sell and trade as well! Space in the parking lot is limited so it will be given out on a first come first serve basis. This will be an amazing opportunity for people to acquire equipment and corals at phenomenal prices. MARS will be providing Hot Dogs and Hamburgers for people to munch on while they scavenge around for great deals! Last but defiantly not least, a special guest will be making it out to the sale. Bob Fenner, author of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, and contributer to many other aquarium periodicals will be attending from around 11am-1pm

I'll be bringng some hardware that is hauled up in my storage unit. hope tou see other NR members there too

Archived