Pod Your Reef

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

I got mine off of eBay...they can pre-cut it for you (just make sure you consider the silicone in the corners into your measurements)...it's the material used on boats...kinda like cuttingboard material.

And you can use a regular table saw to cut it...just make sure you use a blade with fine teeth.

I like the idea of having it precisely precut. What's the name of the eBay seller?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg you have such BEAUTIFUL stuff randy. hit me up whenever you wanna trade. ;)

i especially like that warcoral you got from the BAR swap...wait...you were at the BAR swap?!!? i was there too! if you ever saw a teen with a backpack on lookin for frags during pick group C that was me... :P

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg you have such BEAUTIFUL stuff randy. hit me up whenever you wanna trade. ;)

i especially like that warcoral you got from the BAR swap...wait...you were at the BAR swap?!!? i was there too! if you ever saw a teen with a backpack on lookin for frags during pick group C that was me... :P

Thanks Nate! Did I say BAR, I meant MARS. But I went to both. LOL. I think I do remember seeing you there. I'll frag the war coral if you wanna trade something for it. It's got 15 heads.

Thanks Nate! Did I say BAR, I meant MARS. But I went to both. LOL. I think I do remember seeing you there. I'll frag the war coral if you wanna trade something for it. It's got 15 heads.

AWESOMENESS. just take a look at my tank thread and id you see anything you think i can frag ill get it to ya. ;)

Uh Randy, I think you may have a problem....looks like the space invasion has begun. :D

One word....amazing. That is going to be by far your best piece, hands down. If it looks like that now, imagine what it will look like under your care. It's going to be a showstopper for sure.

I got it from "Acesany" off of eBay. Try this link (http://myworld.ebay.com/acesany/). I got the 1/4" thick white starboard. Paid ~$22.00 shipped...

Thanks for the info. I'm on it.

AWESOMENESS. just take a look at my tank thread and id you see anything you think i can frag ill get it to ya. ;)

Will do. I'll be shopping on your thread later this evening ;)

Uh Randy, I think you may have a problem....looks like the space invasion has begun. :D

One word....amazing. That is going to be by far your best piece, hands down. If it looks like that now, imagine what it will look like under your care. It's going to be a showstopper for sure.

Haha. Thanks for helping me justify the expense. This is definitely one of my favorite chalices at the moment. It's up there with the Bazooka and BGM. I'm hoping it keeps its spacey speckles under my halide. It'll be moved further away from direct light as soon as I get the bigger ADA. For now, I'm keeping it on this rack so I can easily feed it at night.

Here's what it looks like right now. Not sure if you can tell from this shot, but it's much more PUFFY than when I first took pics.

091609_saucer3.jpg

Randy, glad the Flying Saucer made it to your doorstep in good condition! Here is a picture of the actual mother colony in my tank, now about 12 - 15" in diameter. The sea urchin in the upper left corner will help gauge the size of it:

Picture taken with on-camera flash:

1DSC_0876.jpg

Here is a 2008 shot of a portion of the rim under 250 watt 14K Phoenix bulbs w/T-5 superblues:

RC-DSC_0297b.jpg

Yeah crazy huh? Here's a pic of the survivor:

Leptastrea sp. (from Agno, Luzon Philippines) - Courtesy of Nanosapiens

091509_ralph.jpg

Tough little bugger, isn't it? This coral not only survived a very long trip from my collection site and then an even longer plane flight in my luggage using the 'dry' method, but it was also was the only stony coral to survive a major tank meltdown I had in the late 90's. You have to bake it in the sun, throw it in a microwave then dose it with chlorine...then maybe it'll die ;)

The Setosa and the Sunset Acan are doing good! Thanks! I'll post some pics in my tank thread soon.

Tough little bugger, isn't it? This coral not only survived a very long trip from my collection site and then an even longer plane flight in my luggage using the 'dry' method, but it was also was the only stony coral to survive a major tank meltdown I had in the late 90's. You have to bake it in the sun, throw it in a microwave then dose it with chlorine...then maybe it'll die ;)

The Setosa and the Sunset Acan are doing good! Thanks! I'll post some pics in my tank thread soon.

Hahaha. I don't doubt that story is 100% true. I tell you man, I thought for sure that coral would be deep white when I took it out of the dipping solution. Wasn't even faded! Glad to hear things are going well on your end too.

Randy, glad the Flying Saucer made it to your doorstep in good condition! Here is a picture of the actual mother colony in my tank, now about 12 - 15" in diameter. The sea urchin in the upper left corner will help gauge the size of it:

Picture taken with on-camera flash:

1DSC_0876.jpg

Here is a 2008 shot of a portion of the rim under 250 watt 14K Phoenix bulbs w/T-5 superblues:

RC-DSC_0297b.jpg

Bob, VERY COOL of you to post the real mother colony here. Had no idea the one you had sent me was only a smaller fragment of it. That's an insane shot, considering it was taken WITH FLASH - and even nicer under then T5 super blues.

So you mentioned that you had initially acquired a small frag from a large show tank, but the original owner lost his entire seed colony. Can I ask how many years has it been growing in your tank? I want to have an idea of how long I will have to wait until my small frag becomes as gargantuan as the one above.

Thanks again for sharing a piece of such a magnificent coral. I know you don't cut it that often.

Wow you have some sweet LPS there. Competing with Marvin's reef :)

That sunset grew huge!

Lol. No competition to Marvin's Reef. I've seen his tank(s). He's got EVERYTHING.

Yeah, the sunset went through a bleached out period before I decided to get everything under control again. Surprised it even came back. Same with the other montis you sent me. Only 1 of the 4 didn't make it.

Yeah, the sunset went through a bleached out period before I decided to get everything under control again. Surprised it even came back. Same with the other montis you sent me. Only 1 of the 4 didn't make it.

I have tried to kill them before too, without much success :) I think the superman is the one I have done in before though :) Low magnesium killed one of them for me once.

I have tried to kill them before too, without much success :) I think the superman is the one I have done in before though :) Low magnesium killed one of them for me once.

Hahaha. I can already see this Sunset becoming a problem for me in the future. Hopefully, I won't have to take extreme measures.

For anyone out there with an Oregon or Meng's Mummy Eye, I'd be willing to frag the 3rd eye of this BGM for trade. It may take another couple of weeks for it to turn pink, but it will make for a very clean 1/2"+ frag - since it only has to be sliced once.

091709_bgm.jpg

Can't I ever get a break? My SPS BLUE LIFE bulb went out this morning. I have a feeling it was already on its way out when the old magnetic ballast wasn't firing it up. Thought I had at least 3mos of life left on it, but I guess not. So I just ordered a 250W Phoenix 14K from "soslightbulbs." Perfect name for the occasion.

Wonder if I could bum a bulb from an LFS for a few days, until the new one arrives.

To top it off, my emerald crab croaked last night. Saw it hanging from one of its limbs yesterday, holding on for its dear life. Had it for 4 or 5mos I think. Wonder what it's normal life span is. Was it something I did? Hmmm.

If it isn't one thing, it's another with your lighting Randy. Guess you should have just went ahead and went with T5s *cough cough* :) Kidding, hopefully you can get a bulb to tide your corals over for a day or two. Then again, I regularly will leave the lights off for a day or two about once a month. Seems to really spark growth for some reason and I figure hey, it's not like it's bright and sunny every day on the reef. Gotta keep the corals and fish on their toes.

Sorry to hear about the emerald. I had one in my BC29 but ended up removing him because his favorite thing was to make sure that everything that wasn't cemented down ended up on the sand bed. I think their life span depends on how big it was when you got it. I know that they don't live all that long so the smaller you get it, the longer you'll be able to keep it. Well at least that's what I have heard in the past.

How are all of the new additions doing? How about the plans for the intermediate tank?

-Adam

Absolutely wonderful Purp! That new chalice is just a stunner. I can't wait for the new intermediate tank. I'm reaaaaally tempted to get the 36" version as my next tank, but want to wait for a review first. Also, I'd be upset if it wasn't able to be drilled. Anyways, I think we need a FTS.

Hey Adam. I might try turning the lights off for a day or two, but until the new bulb arrives, it's back to swapping the frag light. And that's daily manual labor. Interim plans? Yup, they're still on. As you will see in the photos below, I do need a bigger tank pronto. My IMMEDIATE plans? I'm picking up a new crew of Turbo Snails to take care of this red wirey algae. Took em out a few weeks ago to take care of some GHA in my frag bin.

Absolutely wonderful Purp! That new chalice is just a stunner. I can't wait for the new intermediate tank. I'm reaaaaally tempted to get the 36" version as my next tank, but want to wait for a review first. Also, I'd be upset if it wasn't able to be drilled. Anyways, I think we need a FTS.

Yeah, let me know what you find out about the Mr. Aquas! And per your request, plus a few more...

Sunset (Left), Ultimate Blug Stag (center), Unknown Monti (top), Brown-out Special Blue Slimer (Upper Right), Brown-out Special Elk-horn Stag (Lower Left), Blue Milli (Right). Brown outs from the BAR swap are starting to show color :)

091909_blue.jpg

Tri-Color Valida

091909_tri.jpg

Shades of Fall

091909_shades.jpg

Purple Valida

091909_valida.jpg

Shawn Bennett Yellow Tort (Turning Yellow :))

091909_shawn.jpg

Steve Elias Stag. Looks like this will become something special.

091909_elias.jpg

My all time favorite SPS piece. ORA Joe the Coral. Fragged it so many times, I think I'm gonna let it grow now.

091909_joe.jpg

True Undata. Same with this one. Fragged it quite a few times already.

091909_undata.jpg

FTS. Think I could use a few more frag racks?

091909_fts.jpg

Really nice tank! You have some very nice frags in there, i wish i could get some of those but here in Canada they dont really have much of a selection of exotic corals.

Very nice looking True Undata, love that coral:)

Awesome update Randy. I say you should stop fragging totally and let you tank growout. but dont fogret about that warcoral your trading me for the DM's. ;) again AWESOME update and AWESOME corals :happy:

Archived