Coral Vue Hydros

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

I have no idea if it's a true icefire, but I wouldn't care at that point. It's gorgeous! The golden galaxy is phenomenal too!

Haha. It is a nice piece. And yes, I am very pleased with the GG frag I got from Mark. 4 eyes and round and healed and growing!

Se's are just like screwing in an incandescent light bulb. I've heard that there not as efficent as DE bulbs but I've seen some amazing tanks that use SE Radiums, I believe that they can run on any 250w ballast. Also, you'll never get over not having the shimmer if you go with Pc's! When I got my T5's it took me awhile toget used to it but I got over it once my colors started improving, I'm still looking for cheap LED's just for the shimmer.

Yeah I hear ya, but watch, as soon as I buy an SE pendant Radium will come out with a DE 250. Shimma Shimma. Gotta have it.

You have side shots of the "Ice Fire"???

How's this for a side shot?

091209_ice.jpg

If this truly is an IceFire, it's one BIG frag. *This is the one I'm keeping, just to let you know ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm not very good at keeping secrets, here's the incredible chalice I just bought. Shipping on Tuesday

FLYING SAUCER, acquired from the original owner and namer, BeakerBob. He also named the Orange Immolation, another incredible collector's piece. This is a pic of the ACTUAL FRAG :) There have only been 4 other frags sold over the past two years. He prefers to growout his chalices to showpiece size...

mystery_chalice.jpg

Here's the mother.

BeakerBob_FlyingSaucer_Mother_resized.jpg

Since I'm not very good at keeping secrets, here's the incredible chalice I just bought. Shipping on Tuesday

FLYING SAUCER, acquired from the original owner and namer, BeakerBob. He also named the Orange Immolation, another incredible collector's piece. This is a pic of the ACTUAL FRAG :) There have only been 4 other frags sold over the past two years. He prefers to growout his chalices to showpiece size...

mystery_chalice.jpg

Here's the mother.

BeakerBob_FlyingSaucer_Mother_resized.jpg

WOW,that's a nice piece,purp!lots of eyes,too! ;)

mystery_chalice.jpg

Wow! Very nice. I know you have your eye on an Orange Immolation too. Going to pick that one up as well?

Wow! Very nice. I know you have your eye on an Orange Immolation too. Going to pick that one up as well?

I do, and I ALMOST bought 2 eyes last week. But the OI morphs after it's fragged and no longer looks like the mother colony. Spoke with Bob about it too. He says the piece his son keeps under PCs looks much different than the piece he keeps under 250W halides. I decided against it at the last minute, due to the high price tag and the risk involved in not getting exactly what you think you're paying for.

Just got back from the MARS swap. I didn't have high expectations which made it fun. And I actually came home with quite a few nice pieces, such as the Shades of Fall, 20K Lokani, Pink Jade, Tyree Minefield and War Coral. Props to Saltwatersig who never fails to bring premium pieces to the swap!

Swapped my Faux IceFire with Scotty for a nice Grape Juice and Lime Favia. We've decided my "icefire" is a closer match to the LE Blue Scepter. Pics don't lie. So I'm still on the hunt for a TRUE IceFire Echinata. Might have to bid for it on Reeffarmers and be done. LOL

Hey buddy boy long time no see lol. So your the one who got the 20k lokani bastard i was wonder who got that. i seen that tyree war coral but it looked a little hagered i really want to see pics of it when it settles in. Its the one on the large piece of rock right.

You know what i jusst got of the phone with john at yourreef and told him i won a small pink monti and he told i got the best coral that he brought in, It retails for 125 bleeding bucks. I threw out a zoa frag because it had zoa eating nudi's. it never fails well anyway it was a blast

Tubs Pink Smoothie

http://www.exoticfrags.us/corals.php?s=22&c=241

Hey buddy boy long time no see lol. So your the one who got the 20k lokani bastard i was wonder who got that. i seen that tyree war coral but it looked a little hagered i really want to see pics of it when it settles in. Its the one on the large piece of rock right.

You know what i jusst got of the phone with john at yourreef and told him i won a small pink monti and he told i got the best coral that he brought in, It retails for 125 bleeding bucks. I threw out a zoa frag because it had zoa eating nudi's. it never fails well anyway it was a blast

Tubs Pink Smoothie

http://www.exoticfrags.us/corals.php?s=22&c=241

Ooh yeah that looks mighty tasty. I want a bite of that. Do me a fav and glue an Astrea snail shell next to it.

Didn't inspect the war coral since the wifee picked it out, but it looked fine at first glance. There were two of em. (just looked at it and she picked the good one. 15 heads. flawless. she did good :))

Making sure the 10G quarantine is running smoothly before I add the corals to it. 50% from my tank water and 50% newly mixed water. Couldn't have timed my water change better. I won't dip them until right before I add them to my display. You know this time I didn't come home with nearly as many corals, but I don't have that much junk - which is nice.

really i only seen the one that had two or three eyes you lucky monkey. I was looking at of few corals i got in trade and I'll take backwhat i said at the swap i did pretty well after everything was said and done with. i really think next time people who bring in teir 1 & 2 corals in should only get to pick from teir 1 & 2 corals the way they had it set up was really stupid. Anyway rock on i know your son was having fun

Oh also i did see that you need a dosing pump if you do i will hook you up when i see you next time

really i only seen the one that had two or three eyes you lucky monkey. I was looking at of few corals i got in trade and I'll take backwhat i said at the swap i did pretty well after everything was said and done with. i really think next time people who bring in teir 1 & 2 corals in should only get to pick from teir 1 & 2 corals the way they had it set up was really stupid. Anyway rock on i know your son was having fun

Oh also i did see that you need a dosing pump if you do i will hook you up when i see you next time

It's always interesting how to see how differently each club runs their own swap. Overall though, we got some cool stuff and had a good time doing it. Curious to see how NCRC runs theirs.

I do I do need a dosing pump. It would be nice not to have to have my Alk in better check. If I had one, I'd bring it down from 10-12dKH to 9-10.

I'll bring you one when i see you next. it will be the one below i will bring you everything that you need to get started. you can barrow it for as long as you want i don't need it.

the pump doses 1.6ml/min but you should always double check how much it doses in a 10 min window to get a idea of what you are putting out

IMG_2722.jpg

It's always interesting how to see how differently each club runs their own swap. Overall though, we got some cool stuff and had a good time doing it. Curious to see how NCRC runs theirs.

I do I do need a dosing pump. It would be nice not to have to have my Alk in better check. If I had one, I'd bring it down from 10-12dKH to 9-10.

It was a bit of a drive, but I'm glad I rolled out for this frag swap. I came out with triple the frags I went in with :). Great to meet your family and finally exchange some frags.

And now I know 'Scottyreef' and 'Bluenassarius' in person.

I'll bring you one when i see you next. it will be the one below i will bring you everything that you need to get started. you can barrow it for as long as you want i don't need it.

the pump doses 1.6ml/min but you should always double check how much it doses in a 10 min window to get a idea of what you are putting out

IMG_2722.jpg

That looks like a serious piece of equipment. I'd be happy to put it to use :)

It was a bit of a drive, but I'm glad I rolled out for this frag swap. I came out with triple the frags I went in with :). Great to meet your family and finally exchange some frags.

And now I know 'Scottyreef' and 'Bluenassarius' in person.

It's always nice to match a face with a handle, and a handle with a name.

OMGOMGOMGOMG. omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg that IceFire looks SO FRIKKIN SMEXY!!! :naughtydance::happydance::wub:

you givin that one to scotty right? Lucky him. :)

Yup, he's got it now. But I don't think it's a true IceFire, otherwise it'd be the best looking IceFire I've ever seen! The inner green corallites on that piece are mind boggling.

Gotta love those ADA tanks. You've kept it looking prime too. Great job on the tank.

Thank you. I will deeply miss the ADA craftsmanship. Hopefully, my next tank(s) will live up to the same quality.

Been a busy weekend and just getting a chance to catchup on your thread. Sounds like you've had a busy weekend as well....picking up all sorts of great pieces.

That chalice from BeakerBob is truly one of a kind Randy. Can't wait to see what it looks like under your tender loving care :lol:

Sounds like you made out like a bandit at the swap, especially considering you went in with low expectations. Man I just wish there were more swaps around here...I post pictures of my corals on the local forums and I'm not even sure people understand what they're looking at. Out of all the corals I have, they compliment on how they like the Hammer coral I have....nice.

Sorry to hear that it looks like the Icefire wasn't the real deal....although I"m agreeing with everyone else, it is one hell of a coral regardless. I'm almost 100% sure that the guy I got mine from has the real deal with lineage directly back to the original. He is from R2R so just let me know if you want his contact information. He sold me the frag I have for a really good price and even tossed in a couple extras. He has a pretty large colony he frags from so just let me know.

Hope you have a good rest of the weekend....we'll be waiting for pics of all the new additions!!! I imagine these are all going in the frag tank? There's no way you still have room in your display :lol:

Hey are you busy today? i can bring by the dosing pump if you want also would you like the setosa i got a the frag swap i have four now and i dont need that many. it still needs to color up a bit but is a decent size piece if not I'll just give it away to someone else this mars swap refilled my frag rack and i need to clear it again.also last night i made a after hours trade with a guy from the mars swap at yourref and i got this beauty Deep Water Acropora multiacuta dou want a piece after it grows out a bit?

IMG_2726.jpg

Out of all the corals I have, they compliment on how they like the Hammer coral I have....nice.

Hahaha. Glad that freebie piece worked out so well for you. LOL

I may be taking you up on that IceFire offer. I think at this point, I need to at least sloooow down on purchases, until the new tanks are setup.

Yeah, the caliber of swaps around here are top notch. I did pick up quite a few pieces that I've always wanted but never thought to buy, if you know what I mean. I did make a mistake though in thinking I scored the 20k Lokani. It was the ORA Hawkins, which was still a cool pickup.

Hey are you busy today? i can bring by the dosing pump if you want also would you like the setosa i got a the frag swap i have four now and i dont need that many. it still needs to color up a bit but is a decent size piece if not I'll just give it away to someone else this mars swap refilled my frag rack and i need to clear it again.also last night i made a after hours trade with a guy from the mars swap at yourref and i got this beauty Deep Water Acropora multiacuta dou want a piece after it grows out a bit?

IMG_2726.jpg

I'm in the Bay Area today, but how bout any day/night during the week??? I dig the deep water stuff. Man, I should have traded you for the Yellow Jacket before you put it into the swap.

yeah thats fine i actually talked to john about the coral and he says he has something similar so me and you might be in luck on gettting another frag of it. I am free all week except of next friday so i can drop by either during the day or at night i am between contracts soi have all the time in the world

yeah thats fine i actually talked to john about the coral and he says he has something similar so me and you might be in luck on gettting another frag of it. I am free all week except of next friday so i can drop by either during the day or at night i am between contracts soi have all the time in the world

Good to hear you might be able to get that Yellow Jacket back. Sure, come on down tomorrow afternoon sometime. I'll be workin from the home office (as always) LOL

So all the frags collected from the swap look good EXCEPT for the ORA Hawkins. That one didn't look too good from the beginning, but I thought I'd take a chance on it anyway. Saw flesh floating off the skeleton when I got back from the Bay Area. And I'm glad I didn't put those frags directly into my display tank. Just found a flatworm roaming in the quarantine tank. Might be another couple of days before I can get these frags into my display and/or frag bin. Need to get more FWE. Quarantine, quarantine, quaratine!

BGM is growing a 3rd eye!!!

091409_bgm.jpg

and while I had the camera out, Miami Hurricane doesn't stop spreading. Taking a few eyes out of it this week, and it's been cut twice already.

091409_mh.jpg

Orange and Pink, FNF Acans.

091409_acans.jpg

Have a good week.

Orange and Pink, FNF Acans.

091409_acans.jpg

That's just tasty right there. Please cut and ship to me. Thanks :P

The growth on your MH has been out of this world...and you said you've already cut it twice? Wow.

Archived