Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

What's up, Scott.

I think you meant Adam :P

The IceFire opportunity sorta fell in my lap one day. I don't think the person selling it to me would risk his reputation by selling me a fake one. I've bought too much from him over the years. We shall see what it looks like once I pick it up. Haven't felt like drivin towards the East Bay just to get it, but now I'm feeling like I should do it sooner than later.

Those are some of the best deals Randy. Like I was telling DCG, it's always when you are strapped for cash that ALL of the best deals seem to pop up at once. Plus, it's always best to know that you are getting something from someone that you trust. When PodRod (Karen) still had her tank up and running, it was great knowing that what I was getting from her was pest-free as well as the real deal.

I do see the value in true lineage though, which is why I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating bidding on the next reef farmers auction for the Oregon Mummy Eye.

Not sure if you poke your head around R2R any but there are plenty o' folks on there that have the real deal and would probably be willing to chip you off a piece. Probably some of the most well-known and reputable reefers over there...not to slight things here, but there is A LOT of high-end coral collecting, trading, and selling going on over there.

It's not worth having to explain. LOL

Haha...I think the majority of us reefers understand this perfectly :) Glad to hear that your ballast issues will be taken care of though....messing with a piece of equipment for 1.5 hours is never a ton of fun.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you meant Adam :P

Whoa, I actually thought that message was from Scott. Multiple avatars confused me. The same applies to you, except for the Cuban cigars. I'll have to reply to the real Scott later then. hehe

I agree, R2R does have some of the most reputable collectors out there. Poking around the Chalice Showcase thread was quite an experience. I realize I need COLONIES of good stuff, before it will be a worthwhile trade for any of them.

I envision Favia, Dendros, and Rhizos being the next BIG thing :) Like I was telling Dave (DFason), it's interesting how these things are so cyclical as they almost change seasonally.

You know I do think Favias have incredible potential to gain value. They seem like a cross between Chalices and Acans, and the colors are simply amazing. IMO Dendros and Rhizos, although they're pricey, appeal to a certain niche of reefer. But who expected chalices to take off like they did! I think the chalice craze might hold out at least for a little while longer, considering .25" eyes are still sold at a premium, and they grow incredibly slow.

Hey John at YR has Karl Unarce whole colony also nate your best bet closet to you if randy can't get anymore hit james lee at A Reef Aquascene in Hayward, CA he's the originator of the Ice Fire. I have one growing out at a buddies tank but i haven't got around to buying it from him. Also Randy buddy we really need to meet up and trade some stuff :happydance: I'll bring the beer and a cigars you have the poker chips and your wallet ready LOL

Here's the real Scotty. I did see that piece on YR.com. I can't honestly say that I have to have that one though. I gotta go see it in person. For how much is Mr. Lee selling his IceFire frags? As I said earlier, bring over some Cubans.

that can be arraged the cubans i mean i have a few Cohiba No.3 and about 4. San Cristóbal de La Habana Mercaderes and quite a few cuban seed Montecristo No. 4. Yeah lets set something up there buddy boy. what size ballast do you need and what is the connection type? i might have somethng to get you through until you get your new ballast

that can be arraged the cubans i mean i have a few Cohiba No.3 and about 4. San Cristóbal de La Habana Mercaderes and quite a few cuban seed Montecristo No. 4. Yeah lets set something up there buddy boy. what size ballast do you need and what is the connection type? i might have somethng to get you through until you get your new ballast

NICE. My replacement ballast won't be here till Friday. 250W DE Aqua Medic Oceanlight Pendant. Don't know the connection type? Maybe I can run a Sunpod over it for just a couple of days? If I can manage to kick start the light like I have for the past 3 days, I'll be okay - but it's getting tougher to do it each time. Your koralias are still running in my frag tank. Once I get an MP10, I can give em back to you (unless you need them sooner).

I forgot you had them I don't care you can keep them I don't need them if i remember they don't even have the mag mounts on it anyway. I have a extra Sunlight Supply 250 watt ballast

I forgot you had them I don't care you can keep them I don't need them if i remember they don't even have the mag mounts on it anyway. I have a extra Sunlight Supply 250 watt ballast

I SHOULD HAVE TALKED TO YOU FIRST!

to be honest its not a very good ballast it get hot and its noisy but it works

I think I'll be alright until Friday anyhow. Thanks for the offer, my man.

Once I get an MP10, I can give em back to you (unless you need them sooner).

Yeah ... if you stop buying corals this will be possible today :lol: Just kidding ... LoL ... funny thing about vortech ... some guy on our local reef site is trying to convince everyone there is a conspiracy that because of his defective MP-40 ... all of them have problems and that Ecotech knows this but still sells their products.

Total BS ... but thought I would share ;)

Yeah ... if you stop buying corals this will be possible today :lol: Just kidding ... LoL ... funny thing about vortech ... some guy on our local reef site is trying to convince everyone there is a conspiracy that because of his defective MP-40 ... all of them have problems and that Ecotech knows this but still sells their products.

Total BS ... but thought I would share ;)

The main reason why I want a Vortech is bc of its small footprint, which I can mount on the SIDE of my tank. Leaves space on the back glass for me to grow stags from. If it works too, that would be a BONUS! LOL

Picture taking mood, again.

I can't stop looking at these new Aussie Acans. The violet rim & the fuchsia inner rings just move me.

090209_acans2.jpg

Took this of the Stunner before I moved it the the frag bin.

082809_stunner.jpg

Probably the nicest SPS frag I got from the BAR swap. Purple Valida. It colored up almost instantly.

090209_valida.jpg

Tri-Color Valida starting to show some flava. Also got this from the BAR swap several weeks back. I'll use this for a comparison photo later.

090209_tri.jpg

ORA Cali Tort from Adam.

090209_tort.jpg

Hey randy i am clearing off my frag rack and i thought i read that your setosa wasn't doing good. so if you want i have another pretty good frag of it and i was wondering if you want it

IMG_2694.jpg

Hey randy i am clearing off my frag rack and i thought i read that your setosa wasn't doing good. so if you want i have another pretty good frag of it and i was wondering if you want it

IMG_2694.jpg

OOOOOOO Purrtttttyyyyyyy. :P

Looks like the Cali Tort is settling in nicely Randy. Starting to show some really nice color. Mine took a bit to encrust but it actually grows pretty fast for a Tort.

That new Aussie Acan is amazing...I would be pretty moved if it were in my tank as well. My goal over the next 6 months is to put together a nice little Acan garden in my tank :)

OMG!!!! CALI TORT!!! :o

ill take that off your hands for 80. :P

JK but do you know where i could get one of those guys?

In about a year, it should be an inch long and I'll trade you something for it. Just enjoy it in my tank for the time being. LOL

Nice additions. Though honestly, if there is one person who needs a bigger tank, it's you!

I'm workin it!

IMG_2694.jpg

That's a nice piece but BOTH frags you gave me are doing exceptionally well now. I guess the larger piece just needed some time to adjust.

Looks like the Cali Tort is settling in nicely Randy. Starting to show some really nice color. Mine took a bit to encrust but it actually grows pretty fast for a Tort.

That new Aussie Acan is amazing...I would be pretty moved if it were in my tank as well. My goal over the next 6 months is to put together a nice little Acan garden in my tank :)

Works for ME, Adam. I should be able to scoop up a few more myself. Next trade ACANS.

So I tried for 2hrs this morning to fire up the halide. NO LUCK. And I know it's not burnt out cuz it still spits out a little flame - just not enough to fire the whole bulb. That Lumatek ballast can't get here fast enough. I figure it should arrive before noon tomorrow. For the time being, I have the display lit by the 150W Phoenix 14K, which I relocated from the frag tank. And I gotta tell ya, the difference between 150Ws and 250Ws is HUGE. The light intensity looks maaaaybe 25-30% of what I get from my 250W. And this temporary light is 6" closer to the water surface. No wonder corals color up so much faster in my display. Hmmm. Perhaps it's time to try some high powered LEDs over the frag tank. Yet another cause for delay in getting the NEW setup.

(hope I can figure out how to re-wire the ballast tomorrow)

I also setup a R2R account this morning. Couldn't resist after browsing the livestock trading section. Thanks for the tip, Adam.

Well after all the effort and complaints, the 250W decides to fire up on its own! 3hrs passed the scheduled time, however. I did learn one thing though. Although the 150W Phoenix 14K is a WELL RESPECTED bulb, I don't know that it puts out enough PAR to get the growth and maybe even the color I'm hoping for. Now with that said, I'll be switching to the 250W Phoenix 14K bc I do like the cool blue it casts onto the corals. LOL. I think it just needs a bit more intensity.

How much would you charge for a sunset monti frag? I might be interested in a piece about 3/4 inches big. Thx in advance.

Hi Octo. Local (to me) or shipped?

did you talk to him or pm him? I have know mark for a few years now he's a great guy most of the time but he gets a little greedy when theres coral in the balance but we all do i guess. Anyway you should meet up with him he's got a great tank but from personal experince don't think that you will get a great deal from him but he always has great stuff if you willing to pay

bluenassarius
Chatted w/ Mark Poletti for a bit today. Incredibly down to earth guy with a GODLY TANK.

mark is a great guy. hes a goldmine of reef knowledge. i got a frag of the war peace coral from him last weekend :)

Archived