Top Shelf Aquatics

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

That's just tasty right there. Please cut and ship to me. Thanks :P

The growth on your MH has been out of this world...and you said you've already cut it twice? Wow.

You're FIRST in line for the acans, Adam. Yeah, even after I cut 4 eyes out of the lower right section, it will still be bigger and with more eyes than when I first got it!

Scott, THANKS FOR THE DOSER. That's a serious machine. Very precise instrument. I look forward to more stable pH & Alk levels AND happier corals!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orange and pink acan?! omgomgomg

Glad you guys like these acans. Got em off eBay a couple of months back from FNF and haven't seen em since. Happy to win the auction. They got the most bids for all of the acans he had listed. There were other lots of the same ones but they sold even higher!

Scott, thanks a million for the dosing pump. Works perfectly with the RKL. I even have the unit programmed to sound an alarm while the pump is running. I'm gonna offer something in trade for you to let me use TWO MORE!!!

This joint is way over capacity. Now I've got frags racks shading more frags racks below them. I need a temporary solution to meet my space requirements. Otherwise... I'll be unhappy. LOL

I've decided to go with this 33.6G rimless IN THE MEANTIME: 24.8 x 17.7 x 17.7

This tank is exactly the same height and width of my ADA, except 6.8" LONGER. So what I intend to do is use the 17.7" side as the FRONT viewing panel. I'll use only one 250W pendant positioned at the rear and place lower light LPS towards the front of the display. I think it'll be cool to look deep into the tank, and I'll have more control over how much lighting certain corals will get. This is an unorthodox way of aquascaping, but I don't typically do things the way they're supposed to be done ;)

No drilling required. Simply swap tanks and keep existing rockscape the same. Just add live rock on the wide open sand bed. Total cost of upgrade? $186.99 SHIPPED!!! I'll likely order it before the end of this month.

*Got my quote for the A.G.E. tanks, but this will be a quick fix before I can get the necessary funds together. Don't even ask me how much! 8 weeks to delivery through A.G.E! Might even phase in each tank one at a time since there is not much discount for building both tanks at once. ETA for the new cubes would be DEC or JAN 2010.

Moved my swap corals out of quarantine. Accidentally left one guy in the Revive dip OVERNIGHT! And what's even crazier... it SURVIVED!!!

WOW. thats an amazing price for a rimless. also i like your idea of the 2 area light system. just like my 75g, expect i think your will be much cooler. :happy:;)

REVIVE OVERNIGHT?! WTF thats AMAZING. lol lucky you.

That's some serious luck Purp. I hope the Mr Aquas tank does well for you! I'm interested to see what the build quality is like on one of them. That FnF acan is insane. Maybe if I ever get something decent enough, you'd consider a frag trade?

WOW. thats an amazing price for a rimless. also i like your idea of the 2 area light system. just like my 75g, expect i think your will be much cooler. :happy:;)

REVIVE OVERNIGHT?! WTF thats AMAZING. lol lucky you.

Yeah crazy huh? Here's a pic of the survivor:

Leptastrea sp. (from Agno, Luzon Philippines) - Courtesy of Nanosapiens

091509_ralph.jpg

I also traded him an acan for this Blasto:

091509_blasto.jpg

That's some serious luck Purp. I hope the Mr Aquas tank does well for you! I'm interested to see what the build quality is like on one of them. That FnF acan is insane. Maybe if I ever get something decent enough, you'd consider a frag trade?

I'm always up for a good trade, Paleo!

I was being lazy and didn't bother clicking your link...haha! Nice pickup on the tank...hopefully the silicone & glass aren't as cheap as the price tag.

Hahaha. Don't jinx me! But I don't have my hopes up on the quality of this tank. Not for that cheap. But then again, 40 breeders aren't expensive either.

And I had some time to snap pics today while on hold for clients. These came from the swap, but not all of the corals are pictured here.

Red Digi

091509_digi.jpg

Grapejuice Favia - Courtesy of ScottyReef

091509_favia.jpg

Pink Jade

091509_jade2.jpg

Pink Jade (top)

091509_jade.jpg

Shades of Fall - Courtesy of Saltwatersig

091509_shades.jpg

War Coral - Courtesy of Saltwatersig

091509_war.jpg

and dedicated to my wife... Rainbow Monti. Looks like a heart doesn't it?

091509_rainbow.jpg

Awesome idea and price for the new rimless Randy. I knew this would have to happen sooner than later considering all of the sweet new additions you've been getting. Time to get those bad boys off the rack and onto the rock :lol:

Really really liking the Pink Jade and the Shades of Fall. You'll probably pick this up before we can get another trade going, but you might just have to add a piece of my Pink Lemonade to that mix.

Looking forward to seeing your idea of the new scape and lighting come together. I'm a visual person so it's hard to envision what exactly you mean with the lighting and scape in my head...that and I'm only on my first cup of coffee.

Are you going to go bare bottom/PVC on this one?

Awesome idea and price for the new rimless Randy. I knew this would have to happen sooner than later considering all of the sweet new additions you've been getting. Time to get those bad boys off the rack and onto the rock :lol:

Really really liking the Pink Jade and the Shades of Fall. You'll probably pick this up before we can get another trade going, but you might just have to add a piece of my Pink Lemonade to that mix.

Looking forward to seeing your idea of the new scape and lighting come together. I'm a visual person so it's hard to envision what exactly you mean with the lighting and scape in my head...that and I'm only on my first cup of coffee.

Are you going to go bare bottom/PVC on this one?

Mornin Adam, yup, I was very happy to get the Shades of Fall and Pink Jade. I would be willing to trade you something for a 1" frag of your Lemonade, but I think it may take a while for both of us to get enough growth. There is a chance I could pick one up at the next swap, but I'm not really shopping around for one at this time. Really looking forward to growing out more SPS in my next tank. Gotta satisfy the need for SPS *as well as* LPS chalices & favias! What I've learned so far is that it is much more difficult to regain color from browned out frags, than it is to maintain color on perfectly healthy ones. I think this steady challenge will keep me interested in SPS. What's a reef without stoneys?

Dimensions of the new temporary tank are roughly 24 x 18 x18. The primary difference in how I will setup this new rectangular tank is by rotating it 90 degrees, so the side becomes the front of the tank. It will be 18" narrow but it will also add 6" of space in front of my existing rockscape. Tough to explain, but I should have it setup very soon.

Also discovered that ADA makes the same dimensions with high clarity glass for only $100ish more than what I'm already willing to pay for a low budget tank. Might just have to drive to San Francisco for an ADA, since I know what I'm getting with that brand.

My "dream" cube, which I hope to make a reality before the end of the year will have a PVC bottom so I could get rid of sand completely. Can't stand scratches! I'm just not confident in going bare bottom with an ADA tank bc my rocks are heavy.

Oh and lastly, I'm gonna have someone drill my 18 x 18 x 18 cube just to see if it can truly be done. Might even plumb that one into the system too.

Just landed. BeakerBob's "Flying Saucer." As advertised. Just WICKED.

091609_saucer.jpg

This pic was taken immediately after I placed it in the water. Its eyes have popped wider since. Looks to be acclimating quite nicely to its new environment. I'm diggin the spacelike twinkle to it. Hopefully I can maintain the same brilliant color. This thing looks hungry. I'll try feeding it mysis tonight (and every other night if I don't get lazy).

Here's a pic of the mother ship. Can't wait to see this alien life form grow to 1/4 of this size.

BeakerBob_FlyingSaucer_Mother_resized.jpg

I'm using a white starboard on the bottom of my Solana tank and it works great...

What exactly is "starboard." How do you cut it? I may need to pick your brain on this one. Will give it a try if I go with the ADA.

So this is the tank you're getting, right?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...IAQRA&tab=4

Looks cool.

Long time no chat, Weetie! Hard to catch up on the 5000 posts in your thread. LOL

Yup, I'm going with this unless I decide to hold out for an ADA. Just need to take the time to drive out to SF to pick one up. Waiting on feedback to post about this new Mr. Aqua, before I take the plunge.

I got mine off of eBay...they can pre-cut it for you (just make sure you consider the silicone in the corners into your measurements)...it's the material used on boats...kinda like cuttingboard material.

And you can use a regular table saw to cut it...just make sure you use a blade with fine teeth.

Archived