Pod Your Reef

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

Really nice tank! You have some very nice frags in there, i wish i could get some of those but here in Canada they dont really have much of a selection of exotic corals.

Very nice looking True Undata, love that coral:)

Thanks Burton. Too bad corals can't be shipped over the border. Or can they?

Awesome update Randy. I say you should stop fragging totally and let you tank growout. but dont fogret about that warcoral your trading me for the DM's. ;) again AWESOME update and AWESOME corals :happy:

Are we doin that trade? Sounds good. PM me?

Randy, is that my eye of Miami Hurricane I see on one of those racks? :P

Ha, yeah. It's on one of those racks. LOL.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha, yeah. It's on one of those racks. LOL.

Nice! The VD palys are looking really good now, getting bigger and the color is looking great! Let me know when you think the MH is healed up enough to swap :D

FTS. Think I could use a few more frag racks?

091909_fts.jpg

Wow! That is an incredible FTS. If I can create something that looks even half as good as this with my next tank I will be very happy.

Wait...you have fish in there? Hard to find them amongst all the eye candy in there. You sure they have any room to swim around anymore :P

Looks fantastic....I think I see one more spot where you could squeeze another frag rack in there ;)

-Adam

Nice! The VD palys are looking really good now, getting bigger and the color is looking great! Let me know when you think the MH is healed up enough to swap :D

I'd say another week should be good. You can pick the one you want.

Wow! That is an incredible FTS. If I can create something that looks even half as good as this with my next tank I will be very happy.

Ha Thanks Matt. I'm glad you think so. But I think they're all packed like sardines in there. Need to create some open space and get rid of those horrid racks! or at least use black ones. LOL. It's also not a very good pic. Blues becomes over saturated with the inadequate video camcorder I use to take stills.

Wait...you have fish in there? Hard to find them amongst all the eye candy in there. You sure they have any room to swim around anymore :P

Looks fantastic....I think I see one more spot where you could squeeze another frag rack in there ;)

-Adam

Hahahaha. Unfortunately, no room to swim. Look at the female clown, she's swimming through zoas!

Nice new additions Randy. I can't wait til I can save up enough money for a couple of dosing pumps...I can only imagine how much easier it makes things.

Nice new additions Randy. I can't wait til I can save up enough money for a couple of dosing pumps...I can only imagine how much easier it makes things.

Dosing pumps are so the way to go. My skimmer produces skimmate the entire day now, bc the alk/Ca are added sloooowly. Now I dose half as much, twice per day, instead of just one big serving of chemicals in the AM. Talk to Scotty. He might be able to hook you up with one for cheap.

So I forgot to put the UV glass shield back on yesterday, when I moved the frag light up to the display - [nope, replacement halide bulb still hasn't been delivered yet]. The SPS located in the upper part of my display were a bit irritated to say the least from 8hrs of constant UV. I'm sure they'll recover okay, but my small mistake may have stunted their growth/color for a good week.

Awesome tank man....Your FTS is background worthy

Thanks man. With or without the frag racks. LOL

It almost looks like this in person.

092309_monti.jpg

Let the experiment begin.

092309_sy.jpg

Progress...

092309_acro.jpg

Awesome Pix Randy! hope that monti does what you want it to do.

also that icfire looks HOTTTT.

Still think it's an icefire huh? Whatever it is, it's a hawteee. Quickly becoming one of my favs.

WHAT!? WOW

Yeah man. You're getting a piece of it. FNF "RedBug" Monti. Almost looks like a cartoon.

Dear Purp,

Your tank is absurd in the best possible way.

Sincerely,

Matt AKA Paleo.

P.s. Enjoying the phoenix?

Thanks! But I'm still waiting on the Phoenix 250. Still have my 150 Phoenix over my display, which is nice. Adds the nice actninic look that was missing with my SPS BLUE LIFE. I should have ordered through MarineDepot instead of SOSLighting. UPS ground takes a full 5 business days from TX and only 2 from CA. I better get it tomorrow :angry:

Uhm...what else would it be? :huh:

:lol: someone inform me! :P

Yeah, me too! I haven't the slightest clue.

True Undata. Same with this one. Fragged it quite a few times already.

091909_undata.jpg

Once again, some more really, really good looking corals.

This Undata is looking soooo nice!

It's true. I never really saw what the big deal about the Undata was until I saw yours. It is a fantastic piece! The purple outer rim is :wub:

Randy's is fabulous. He generously gave me a small frag of this one at a local frag swap a few months back, but I can't seem to snap it out of a 'brown-out' phase. However, with time and proper positioning I hope to one day see it looking sweet like its parent.

Everything looks super happy and healthy Randy. Can't wait to see what happens with the Cap experiment.

Did you just place the frag in the middle or is it on a rock that you placed in the middle? Wondering if I can try the same with the Idaho Grape you gave me on my Orange or Green Cap.

Everything looks super happy and healthy Randy. Can't wait to see what happens with the Cap experiment.

Did you just place the frag in the middle or is it on a rock that you placed in the middle? Wondering if I can try the same with the Idaho Grape you gave me on my Orange or Green Cap.

Mornin Adam. Don't know if I did the right thing, but I just dropped the frag in the middle. No mounting. No glue. Seems to fit like a puzzle piece though.

Praise the heavens. Light has come down upon us. Phoenix 250W 14K in its full glory. Almost the same color temp as the SPS BLUE LIFE. Definitely more crisp white than its Phoenix 150W counterpart. Looks like they're gonna get some good growth and color out of this bulb. (if it only stays ON. Haven't had much luck with bulbs lately)

092409_fts.jpg

You need to start treating your corals better. Imagine you living in a cramped space like that. I have plenty of space in my tank, I'll give them some room to stretch their legs and give them some room to breath.

Your 250watt Phoenix bulb is still bluer than my 150watt Phoenix bulb...at least in your pictures they look that way.

You need to start treating your corals better. Imagine you living in a cramped space like that. I have plenty of space in my tank, I'll give them some room to stretch their legs and give them some room to breath.

Your 250watt Phoenix bulb is still bluer than my 150watt Phoenix bulb...at least in your pictures they look that way.

Haha. I might take you up on that if I don't get a new tank soon!

Nah, my camera can't capture the crisp white of the bulb. There is a blue cast to it but not as blue as the pic. I'm looking at the pic and the actual tank right now, and the pic is much much darker. The mid-tones are darker than real life and it shows 50% brighter in person. Perhaps an SLR would better capture what the naked eye sees. But that's the last thing on my list. It goes NEW TANK, CORALS, MORE CORALS, then SLR.

Archived