inTank Media Baskets

25G ADA TANK 18X18X18" RIMLESS CUBE

PurpleUP

Sorry to hear about the chalice, but awesome about the Mr. Aquas! I'm excited about it. I still really want the 36X18X18 version.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the Flying Saucer trying to duke it out with the Victoria's Secret. Always sucks when things get knocked into one another. Case in point, this morning I woke up, checked out the tank, and noticed my Setosa was pushed into a branch of Green Slimer. The Setosa lost that battle and now I have one white branch on my Setosa.

Glad to see it won't be a loss in the end...looks like it's already healing and has plenty of flesh to make a comeback.

-Adam

Sorry to hear about your Setosa, Adam. I might be able to help you replace that at some point, but I've got some news for you all.

I'm relocating to SoCal in Jan, without a tank to raise my corals. Sorry to say:

THIS TANK IS BREAKING DOWN AND I WON'T BE SETTING UP THE REPLACEMENT FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 6 MONTHS.

Very regretfully, I'll be selling off my collection over the next two months in order to finance my family's move. Anyone who buys from me is donating to a charitable cause ;) Please watch the classifieds and let me know if I have anything that interests you. Thank you all for following this thread over the past couple of years. It shall re-awaken again SOON!

So sad. Are you going to be keeping any pieces for yourself? Like getting a friend to hold on to a few choice pieces and then have them send them to you when you are ready for them? I'd be very sad if I lost everything from a collection like yours?

Cripes....sorry to hear that you will be taking down your tank for the time being to help fund the move. I hope that all of your prized pieces go to great homes...guess I better start selling some illegal drugs or something on the side to get some :) Just kidding, although whoever gets your pieces will be getting no doubt great deals.

You better still hang out around here in the meantime and not fall off the map while you're moving. Don't make us break out the pitch forks ;)

Overall, I'm glad that this is just a temporary thing. I'm sure the next tank will be even better, if that's even possible. Keep us updated on things and I'll make sure to set some frags aside for when you are all set back up.

-Adam

I feel your pain sir.

It's always a blast to start over though - get to do all the things you would have done differently! I think every time you set up a new system, you learn that much more!

Best of luck with the sale of your corals - I am sure they will go like hot cakes ;)

So sad. Are you going to be keeping any pieces for yourself? Like getting a friend to hold on to a few choice pieces and then have them send them to you when you are ready for them? I'd be very sad if I lost everything from a collection like yours?

I've thought about it. Believe me, I don't want to part with any one of them. But at the same time, I need the funds to relocate. Found this cozy beach side pad, and it ain't cheap!

i need a price list....

workin on it... ;)

Didn't we all warn you about the lack of space in your tank and to send some of it everyone's way to free up some space? ;)

Anyways, that's a bummer man...glad to see it's starting to recover already. Hopefully it makes it. So far it looks promising.

Yeah man. The Fyling Saucer has already fleshed over the exposed skeleton. Think it just needs to color up! Crazy how quickly it came back.

Cripes....sorry to hear that you will be taking down your tank for the time being to help fund the move. I hope that all of your prized pieces go to great homes...guess I better start selling some illegal drugs or something on the side to get some :) Just kidding, although whoever gets your pieces will be getting no doubt great deals.

You better still hang out around here in the meantime and not fall off the map while you're moving. Don't make us break out the pitch forks ;)

Overall, I'm glad that this is just a temporary thing. I'm sure the next tank will be even better, if that's even possible. Keep us updated on things and I'll make sure to set some frags aside for when you are all set back up.

-Adam

Nah, I'm not going anywhere the Net can't reach. hehe. I'll be hangin around NR for sure. Maybe I can spend time on other people's thread now, instead of my own. LOL

I feel your pain sir.

It's always a blast to start over though - get to do all the things you would have done differently! I think every time you set up a new system, you learn that much more!

Best of luck with the sale of your corals - I am sure they will go like hot cakes ;)

You are so right, TJ. I like the idea of starting over. Hopefully, I can buy frags from the same people I sell them to!!! Plus, the risk in trying to establish a replacement tank within a short time and to ship these guys out there safely (and cheaply) is just too much of a risk.

bluenassarius

hey randy,

i enjoyed reading this thread about your tank brother. i hope you can get all your stuff sold to help finance your familys relocation. you know what they say about a closed door.. another one bound to open. i'll be looking forward to the next build man!

Hi Randy,

Good luck with finding good homes for all you wonderful corals. I'm sure you'll be back with a new tank setup before long :)

Hope everything works out for you and the family down south.

Ralph.

Hi Randy,

Good luck with finding good homes for all you wonderful corals. I'm sure you'll be back with a new tank setup before long :)

Hope everything works out for you and the family down south.

Ralph.

Thanks for the good wishes, Ralph!

hey randy,

i enjoyed reading this thread about your tank brother. i hope you can get all your stuff sold to help finance your familys relocation. you know what they say about a closed door.. another one bound to open. i'll be looking forward to the next build man!

You'll be one of the first to know, my man. Hit me up on chat ;)

Sorry to hear your breaking down the tank. It was definitely one of my favs. GL with the move and sale.

Thanks Hype!

SO I'VE BEEN WORKING ON A PRICE LIST,

BUT I AM NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED!

Check it out!

Hopefully fingerscrossed I'll have all of my corals listed before the end of the month! Anybody who's interested, feel free to email or send me a PM!

nice list purp!.....

i'll be purchasing soon. ;)

Thanks Pismo! It's nowhere near done, but it should give you a good idea of what I have. I'm selling EVERYTHING from my collectible chalices, to pulsing xenia, snails, and LIVE ROCK! It'll probably take me an entire month to list it all. Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in here to see how things are going with the sale and how the plans are coming for the future tank :)

Hope all is going well Randy!!!

Just popping in here to see how things are going with the sale and how the plans are coming for the future tank :)

Hope all is going well Randy!!!

Wassup Adam, LIFE in general has been so overwhelming as it is, that I haven't thought much about a new tank. I'll have temporary housing until mid-Jan. That's probably the earliest I'll be able to set something up. I'll probably go with the new stuff I bought not too long ago. The Mr. Aqua. Still need to have it drilled though.

I've sold mostly rare pieces so far, and it's looking like I'll be needing a place to keep the unsold stuff. Just not enough time with my relo only 2 weeks away!

Things have improved big time for the Flying Saucer...

112009_saucer.jpg

It's completely healed over from the recent war. ALL IT NEEDS NOW IS COLOR.

Hey Randy. Glad to hear that things have been going great with life in general, although busy no doubt.

Also glad to hear that you were able to sell the majority of your pieces although I can only imagine what it was like letting them go :( Then again, with the people that you know and all of the reefers out your way and where you're moving, you'll no doubt be back better than ever with the next tank.

I hope all goes well with the move in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it's stressful and exciting all at the same time :)

-Adam

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It is about time for you to come back. We miss you.

HELLO, I'M BACK!

Switched domain servers and put 700+ pics back online :)

Archived