ReefCleaners.org

just got fish & CUC

phishy11

prolly not coraline just the bare rock where the snails cleaned it real good.

[/quote

ill take a picture it looks like coraline..cause its the cured part of the rock

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I've been missing all this.... :happy: Its probably for the best, last time I got into a phishy thread I almost had a brain anurism out of frustration. I continue to wave my flag of surrender to phishys mental superiority and I think the rest of you should fall in line if you want to save your sanity.... -_-

I can't believe I've been missing all this.... :happy: Its probably for the best, last time I got into a phishy thread I almost had a brain anurism out of frustration. I continue to wave my flag of surrender to phishys mental superiority and I think the rest of you should fall in line if you want to save your sanity.... -_-

Thanks for that. That made my night.

So what kind of snails you have in there?

Astrea, cerith, turbo, nassurius, couch snail? Different snails eat different stuff, dead meat, algae etc...

Thanks for that. That made my night.

Your welcome, at least I know somewhere in the world, I'm appreciated. (as my posts drips sarcasm, in case phishy missed it...)

Your welcome, at least I know somewhere in the world, I'm appreciated. (as my posts drips sarcasm, in case phishy missed it...)

Can you stop posting on my threads if your just gona put me down?

Thanks.

3 turbos..and 2 really small ones..not sure what they are.

Can you stop posting on my threads if your just gona put me down?

Thanks.

Can you stop posting on the forum? It puts everyone else down...

Scott Riemer

Hi phishy. You may not like me, for whatever reason. Although I have tried to help you whether you recognize it or not. Please do not add things to your tank if you don't know what they are. Ask your LFS guy, "what are these called?"

alexmurovec
Can you stop posting on the forum? It puts everyone else down...

:lol::lol::lol: i love these battles. i think thats the reason this thread is 11 pages :lol::lol::lol:

3 turbos... 3 is just nice for your 20g tank. :happy:

For me, my tank, which is also 20g... I got

2 turbos

3 astrea

2 cerith (going to have the number up to 7)

3 nassarius

If you are planning to increase your snails, do it slowly. My tank is constantly full of algae 'cos of my heavy feeding. SO, you will have to add/remove the snails accordingly.

Can you post a current pic of the tank?

Coralline algae, the usual color is purple. It can turn to bleach white if your water parameters are bad. Once you got the water quality up and with high wattage lightings, the coralline will colored up again.

But that is, if that bare patch is coralline algae at all.

i dident get anymore cured rock. i guess i wont then and just keep what i have. theres white stuff on my rock that i see after the snails clean up..could it be coraline?

i dont its hard to say without a picture...

But can coraline be white?

Dude: if i think im right im gona say it ..lol

Phishy- My advice. If you want more rock, then get more rock, and put it in a bucket for a couple of days with a heater and a powerhead. Test the water. If no ammonia or nitrite, put it in the tank.

The "white stuff" could be dead coraline. It will not come back to life, but more can grow on top of it.

You said that you took some snails back. You said you took the damsal back (then said that your damsal was fine in the same post). What is your current stock list? If you want friendly advice, drop this thread and PM the people that have been helpful to you.

dsoz

she had 2 to start with.

I get it. I just went back to read some of the early posts.

Get rid of the damsal, they will attack any other fish in your tank. And they are almost impossible to catch once there is more rock in place.

Hi all,

Although i am by no way a contributer to this forum i feel i need to throw my 2c in wether that means ill be banned or flammed so be it.

I have been reading on this forum for well over a year and a half now, in my time here i have seen some awesome info, awesome tanks and generally awesome attitudes.

Whats sad is that recently "noobs" have been getting flamed rather nastilly in general by people who if you read their posts, seem to consider themselves(and im sure in most cases its founded) as a bit a of a professional.

You know what, its great to receive info from people with more experience and its great to receive constructive criticism but all through this thread it seems Phishy is getting nothing but flammed.

Admitedly theres a large amount or disregard for what she was told and there is also cases where she obviously has listened, but all this doesnt mean jack to the fact that older people...adults...professionals or those with great experience are attacking what seems to be a young girl.

I mean if it was me id tell you all to get f@#ked, excuse the language. It wasnt that long ago "reefers" were having the same arguments and flamming on "nano reefers" also telling people that it couldnt be done. Its like the Mandarin, tang blah blah blah threads where every kind of "expert" wants to throw their opinion in and tell the person that what they are doing is doomed! Again it wasnt that long ago that ALL OF YOU were being told a small tank would be doomed but NONE of you listened and now look where the hobby is?

I guess my point is from an adults point of view, if you have given advise and its been disregarded(especially by a potential child or teenager) then its your role as an adult to either act maturely and ignore the persons disregard for your and other peoples help and let them find out the hard way. What do you achieve by dropping yourself to flaming and making a person who is younger then you feel bad about themselves? Everyone in this hobby has to learn one way or another, just because they dont do it your way doesnt mean its the wrong way.

anyways end of rant, lubing up to prepare for flaming now....

peace

Helpinsmepls

I would like to add that probably most people here figured out different ways to do things by being a noob and going out and doing somthing a bit different than what they were told.

The result may be bad or good but if your lucky you may come up with somthing that will be passed on as a nice way to do things.

My noobish 2 cents

Add:

I would like to add that I don't think that doing something that will knowingly hurt an animal is good. My point is that I think there is allot of knowledge here that is being squandered in this topic.

I wonder if this blatant disregard for life that you are chalking up to growing pains would be so lightly taken by you if we were talking a cat, or a dog? Learning new techniques, and experimentation is one thing. Wanton disregard for common sense, lying about it, and essentially putting animals in a death trap knowing full well you are going to kill/maim/damage them is just plain evil. Such actions shouldn't be glossed over as youthful indiscretions. People who mistreat animals knowing full well what they are doing SHOULD be made to feel bad about themselves. phishy has been told more than once what she was doing is wrong, and has lied in this very thread to attempt to cover it up. It is right here in black and white to read. I somehow doubt she is the victim here. The unlucky animals who will be residing in her tank are the victims, and if a little 'tough love' is what is needed to get that point across, then so be it. So while coddeling her may make some of you happy, and feel more 'mature' it really serves no ones interests. phishy gets to play the part of the 'victim', while her animals get to die. And for what? Impatience? Certainly wasn't for ignorance.

Personally, in my view she is being cruel to animals. Plain and simple. Has been less than forthright about her 'questions', and we have come to the point where people are defending her now. Luckily I have activated the ignore function for her. I won't deal with her, much like I wouldn't deal with someone who malnourished a cat, or left a dog in inhospitable living conditions. Cruelty and abuse in my book say alot about a person. If I had my way I would ban her.

To each his own..

NHreefer

Hi all,

Although i am by no way a contributer to this forum i feel i need to throw my 2c in wether that means ill be banned or flammed so be it.

I have been reading on this forum for well over a year and a half now, in my time here i have seen some awesome info, awesome tanks and generally awesome attitudes.

Whats sad is that recently "noobs" have been getting flamed rather nastilly in general by people who if you read their posts, seem to consider themselves(and im sure in most cases its founded) as a bit a of a professional.

You know what, its great to receive info from people with more experience and its great to receive constructive criticism but all through this thread it seems Phishy is getting nothing but flammed.

Admitedly theres a large amount or disregard for what she was told and there is also cases where she obviously has listened, but all this doesnt mean jack to the fact that older people...adults...professionals or those with great experience are attacking what seems to be a young girl.

I mean if it was me id tell you all to get f@#ked, excuse the language. It wasnt that long ago "reefers" were having the same arguments and flamming on "nano reefers" also telling people that it couldnt be done. Its like the Mandarin, tang blah blah blah threads where every kind of "expert" wants to throw their opinion in and tell the person that what they are doing is doomed! Again it wasnt that long ago that ALL OF YOU were being told a small tank would be doomed but NONE of you listened and now look where the hobby is?

I guess my point is from an adults point of view, if you have given advise and its been disregarded(especially by a potential child or teenager) then its your role as an adult to either act maturely and ignore the persons disregard for your and other peoples help and let them find out the hard way. What do you achieve by dropping yourself to flaming and making a person who is younger then you feel bad about themselves? Everyone in this hobby has to learn one way or another, just because they dont do it your way doesnt mean its the wrong way.

anyways end of rant, lubing up to prepare for flaming now....

peace

polar -type phishy11 into the search engine and read her posts. You will see that most of the posts were very supportive(and she started lots of threads). The support only started to slip once it became clear that there is no interest in taking advice, doing her own research etc.

Im well aware of the other posts, im also well aware of the advice and general good will given over all, it doesnt change the fact that this person(as scary as it may be) and others like them may in the future either leave the hobby after a disasterous effort or change their ways and maybe become a future professional. In either case flaming an 11 year old doesnt show how good, knowledgable or caring this community can be let alone the individuals in it. Seriously although this may offend i picture a bunch of aging men turning red and screaming because thats the only way they can communicate hehe

Look i dont agree with animal cruelty in any way shape or form to ANY living species(except perhaps the mother in law) nor at any stage NHreefer was i defending phisy11. Far from it.

I do agree with your comment that perhaps in cases like this people should be banned and i think this is tough love which brings me to what i was saying

those who sit there and hurl abuse at n00bs especially young ones are a joke. Anything written to me on the internet is never going to insult me? i mean ill never have the pleasure of meeting half the people i have from the net let alone the idiots who like to hide behind a monitor. Do you honestly think cursing out an 11 year old on the net is showing them tough love? the only thing any of those getting offended are doing is fueling the fire and asking for another response! and then its just ONE BIG CIRCLE! remark - bite - flame - remark - bite - flame get the idea?

so yeah again that makes my total 4c, im not trying to work anyone up let alone offend or defend members.

I just think peoples efforts could be better spent on serious topics, not wasted and certainly not letting a child get me so worked up that im frothing at the mouth to drop another barrage at them

hehe in fact Phishy11 is probably laughing her ass off knowing she is getting grown men so worked up lol

well again awaiting a flaming im sure is a commin.

peace

Yes I would agree with the aproach of getting her to take up another hobby. It really seems that everything has been tried. But a few years could make a big difference and someone could come back in a few years and make an excellent effort at reefkeeping.

The other possibility is of course that phishy could be the best Troll I have seen in a long time! :D

Do you honestly think cursing out an 11 year old on the net is showing them tough love?

No flames from me but I have to point out that you must not have read her posts very carefully, because she isn't 11. ;) Or at least she claimed to be a different age at some point, but on the net who really knows. She could be 7 or 70 for all we know. :lol:

At any rate, I am an older person compared to most of the members here. I am normally very patient and slow to "flame". However I can not abide lying. My daughters know that if they lie they will receive a much harsher punishment than if they just come clean in the first place. And since "mama always finds out" they are pretty good about telling the truth. ;)

NitroJunkie
I wonder if this blatant disregard for life that you are chalking up to growing pains would be so lightly taken by you if we were talking a cat, or a dog? Learning new techniques, and experimentation is one thing. Wanton disregard for common sense, lying about it, and essentially putting animals in a death trap knowing full well you are going to kill/maim/damage them is just plain evil. Such actions shouldn't be glossed over as youthful indiscretions. People who mistreat animals knowing full well what they are doing SHOULD be made to feel bad about themselves. phishy has been told more than once what she was doing is wrong, and has lied in this very thread to attempt to cover it up. It is right here in black and white to read. I somehow doubt she is the victim here. The unlucky animals who will be residing in her tank are the victims, and if a little 'tough love' is what is needed to get that point across, then so be it. So while coddeling her may make some of you happy, and feel more 'mature' it really serves no ones interests. phishy gets to play the part of the 'victim', while her animals get to die. And for what? Impatience? Certainly wasn't for ignorance.

Personally, in my view she is being cruel to animals. Plain and simple. Has been less than forthright about her 'questions', and we have come to the point where people are defending her now. Luckily I have activated the ignore function for her. I won't deal with her, much like I wouldn't deal with someone who malnourished a cat, or left a dog in inhospitable living conditions. Cruelty and abuse in my book say alot about a person. If I had my way I would ban her.

To each his own..

NHreefer

took the words right out of my mouth. :(

Archived